Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11501 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 12:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
It's really not that hard to identify and copy pictures from the lot files. You just need SimPE. I did a blog entry about it a few years ago on another site. Here's a summary from that.

1) In the game, go to the lot. Save the lot. Then, in Windows Explorer go to
…\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\NXXX\Lots
or if you're running UC
...\EA Games\The Sims™ 2 Ultimate Collection\Neighborhoods\NXXX\Lots
where XXX is the number of the neighborhood you are playing. Sort the Lot list by date. The top entry will be the lot you just saved.

2) Copy that Lot file to your desktop and open it with SimPE. We do that because SimPE can't open the actual lot file with the game running but it can open a copy of it. You may get a couple of SimPE popups on opening the copy, but click "OK" to dismiss them.

3) In the Lot file in SimPE, click the "Texture Image" resource. Paintings, terrains, roof, floor and wall textures will be in the Resource List on the right.

4) Simply click on each of the files and see if the image that it displays is the one you want. When it is, click Export and save it somewhere. If it was an easel painting, it will save as 450 x 600 pixels and will look a little squished. In a graphics program (MS-Paint works fine), change the aspect from 450 x 600 pixels to 600 x 450 pixels and save. If it was a custom painting it should export okay without having to change the aspect ratio. This may or may not work with camera pictures, I haven't tried those.

Then you're done. You've got a copy of it.

Nice, thanks. I'm going to stick that in the mini tutorials thread.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11502 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 12:15 PM
It took me some time to understand the logic of how 'food points' are used if the fridge is stocked with food like fish, etc-that they're used first in making meals than the fridge itself. Once they're gone, then the fridge is depleted of its own points.
Which means that pixels don't have to go to the store quite so often to get groceries.
Of course having Boiling Oils "aspiration book" serves as the back up to the fridge and there is no need of any pixel ever going hungry.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#11503 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
It took me some time to understand the logic of how 'food points' are used if the fridge is stocked with food like fish, etc-that they're used first in making meals than the fridge itself. Once they're gone, then the fridge is depleted of its own points.
Which means that pixels don't have to go to the store quite so often to get groceries.
Of course having Boiling Oils "aspiration book" serves as the back up to the fridge and there is no need of any pixel ever going hungry.

Are they? I thought that fish was only used if you cooked a fish meal and it was just garden and tree crops that added food points.

What is an aspiration book?
Mad Poster
#11504 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 5:17 PM Last edited by FranH : 27th Jul 2024 at 2:03 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Are they? I thought that fish was only used if you cooked a fish meal and it was just garden and tree crops that added food points.

What is an aspiration book?

There are now stockable foods that are counted towards points (mostly at GOS) and I've been using them extensively. For instance in one fridge I had over 400 food points and every time they used the fridge the count went down and never touched the amount in the fridge itself.

Example: PenelopeT: https://gardenofshadows.org.uk/gard...42518#msg742518

Boiling Oil's "Rewards Catalog" where all those aspiration points are stored until you want to use them for various reasons:
https://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=913

"Deposit all your points at once

Withdraw as many as your sim can still accept without overflowing their counter

Collect points from other household members onto the book

Buy Want slots/locks and Career Rewards at a price of 50,000 points each (points are deducted from the book!)

Cash in a million points for §1000 cash (thank you, aelflaed, for suggesting that)

Buy Food to fill your fridge, at 2000/point (thanks to ZephyrZodiac for this idea). If at least 8,000 points are stored in the book, an option comes available to buy Food points costing 2,000 points each, which will be directly stored in the fridge with the largest free capacity. (I chose 8,000 as a threshold, reasoning that buying less than 4 Food points wouldn't make sense, as that's the minimum required for a simple single meal.)

You can now Boost your daily Aspiration Bar using points from the Reward Catalog"

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#11505 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 1:51 AM
Today I learned that neighbourhood deco can occasionally cause weird graphical glitches on lots. More specifically, "orange wildflowers" (more accurately 'blurry beige things') placed slightly overlapping with the Jacquet's lot in Bluewater Village was causing a bunch of 3D objects to flicker black.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11506 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 7:35 AM
Fountains can freeze.

They also can't be soaped when they're frozen.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Scholar
#11507 Old 28th Jul 2024 at 7:23 PM
I don't know why but for some reason I assumed that the Runs with Scissors set was (a) not available for download and (b) wouldn't work in my game even if it was (I play on the Mac). Well, I discovered that it IS available for download and that it DOES work in my game, as Malcolm Landgraab ran with scissors quite gleefully (but survived the experiment).

Now that I have them, I wish I had gotten them a wee bit earlier when Toby Bruenig was still alive. So I am naming them the Toby Bruenig Memorial Run with Scissors Playset, and they will be given to any Sim who is causing so much havoc in my neighborhood that they need to just run with scissors for a little while and see if that calms them down.

And here is a link to Toby Bruenig if you are wondering who he is exactly: https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Toby_Bruenig. I put him in my Pleasantview to be Marsha Bruenig's father and he somehow caused so much heartbreak around Pleasantview, it was ridiculous.
Page 461 of 461