Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jul 2024 at 11:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, University Life
Default Newly resurrected child can't go to school
I originally posted this on NRAAS's forums, but I'm also posting this here in hopes in maximizing my chances of getting a solution-

So currently, I'm playing the Jones family in Riverview (the one in the haunted mansion), and I just had Hannah resurrect Kirsten (the child) with a genie lamp. Then I realized that this didn't actually add her to the family unlike how it works in Sims 2, and for some reason I couldn't move her in with testingcheatsenabled, so I had to use MasterController- Add Sim to properly move her back in. This caused some weird things. Firstly, she's now categorized as having her homeworld be "UserCreated"... which seems to happen every time this command is used to move someone in- I also used it to move in a townie in another save, and he's also listed as foreign now. Secondly, and this is the much bigger problem, is that she now refuses to go to school. Initially, she wasn't even enrolled in school, but I used MasterController to properly set the local public school as the one she attends. However, the school bus didn't come at 8, and when it became time for school, the timer for when next to go to school wrapped around to 1 day until her next school day- hovering over school said that school wasn't in session, which I know was a lie, because I used focus and found that the local children were, indeed, at school. So it's a problem with her, and not the school building. How can I fix this so poor Kirsten can resume a normal life?

In terms of major mods, I use NRAAS Master Controller, Error Trap, and Overwatch, and well as smooth patch and Simler90's core mod.

Justice for Viola Monty!
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 8th Jul 2024 at 7:32 PM
Basic quick tips to fix this issue:
1. Move the household out to the bin in edit town and move them back in (this right here has saved more sims being weirdly broken)
2. Go to City Hall > Master Controller > Town > Local Stats - Look for any that say Jig (usually sim something.jig) select them and flush them. They usually load closer to the top. It looks like an oval grey rug as the icon.
3. Save the game
4. Quit and clear your caches
5. Reload and see if she is fixed.

Hope this works for you.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 9th Jul 2024 at 3:42 PM
The solution for this particular homeworld misalignment issue, as the OP already learned from us at NRaas, is to install NRaas DebugEnabler and run its Fix Homeworld command.
Scholar
#4 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 12:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The solution for this particular homeworld misalignment issue, as the OP already learned from us at NRaas, is to install NRaas DebugEnabler and run its Fix Homeworld command.

@igazor well hopefully someone's advice works. I forgot about Fix homeworld and I have DebugEnabler installed.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 12:58 AM
The DE command did work for the OP. The problem there was not due to obstructions like jigs getting in the way of sim routing (although those can be quite distressing as well until they are found). The issue can arise when a MasterController command like Add Sim is used to force a sim not entirely part of the actively simulated homeworld into a local household. They look and act like a full-fledged resident, for the most part, but when the problem occurs they are unable to go to work/school when the scheduled time comes as their homeworld assignment is misaligned.
Scholar
#6 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The DE command did work for the OP. The problem there was not due to obstructions like jigs getting in the way of sim routing (although those can be quite distressing as well until they are found). The issue can arise when a MasterController command like Add Sim is used to force a sim not entirely part of the actively simulated homeworld into a local household. They look and act like a full-fledged resident, for the most part, but when the problem occurs they are unable to go to work/school when the scheduled time comes as their homeworld assignment is misaligned.

Good to know this. I think I have had this issue before. I usually start with my most known ways to fix a sim when they are behaving strangley. I use the Add a Sim feature to populate worlds quite a bit so this is helpful.