Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#1026 Old Yesterday at 4:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mithrak_nl
There are always players that just build houses, create sims and barely play the game. This sometimes even comes up here on these forums. Same goes for ppl who create mods for games. Some of them barely play said game.

Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Personally, I believe that a builder or treasure hunter or gardening fan cannot run a Sims game. To run a Sims game you have to like playing dolls and be a player who enjoys telling stories.

I think I have to agree that despite its origins as a dollhouse builder, the core of the Sims games has become its live mode- when what you've built or dressed up comes to life, and live mode is really what ties the minigames of the Sims (decorating, dressing up) into a whole package.

Otherwise there are other games like Tiny Glade, Interior Designer, House Flipper, Small Spaces, IMVU, Second Life, even games like Planet Zoo/Coaster that all seem to have more player customization in their respective paper doll/decorator elements- but they don't have that element of interactability or gameplay once you're done IMO.
Page 42 of 42