4 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#13551 Old Yesterday at 7:56 PM
Creating default replacements for the face templates is a very long and daunting task and I understand why few people do them, but soon, soon all my sims will look like I want them to, just a bit, just hoping I do it fast enough to not grow tired of the fifteen templates I have already and start over AGAIN. Soon. I feel like I'm suffering from some kind of creation burnout, but the sims I create during a mood like this often ended up being some of my faves, so maybe I should push through it lol.
Advertisement
Inventor
#13552 Old Yesterday at 10:46 PM Last edited by Sokisims : Yesterday at 11:40 PM.
@FranH @simsample Be careful with graphics cards that are too new or processors that are too new! xD Buying a new computer that has pink soup is the worst thing that can happen, it is almost a lottery to know if the game will work when you don't know exactly what causes it. My desktop computer with newer components is full of soup no matter how many fixes I use, and yet the "cheap" laptop I bought a few years ago can handle everything!
Instructor
#13553 Old Yesterday at 10:52 PM
@Matryoshkah When I learned how to make default face templates, I was shook by the lengthy process, but it was something I really wanted to do, so I pushed through I made a full set. It wasn't that bad!

And then I thought, "I wonder how difficult it'd be to make CUSTOM face templates?" since that's something that you see even less than default ones...

...and I was traumatized by how long it takes. I couldn't even make ONE. So yeah, props to everyone who works on projects like these.
Inventor
#13554 Old Yesterday at 10:56 PM
@LauraPamplonaS I have read several times that they are very difficult to make, so I join in congratulating those who make them, the non-default faces are my favorites, since you can have as many as you want and they are very useful for blending.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#13555 Old Today at 8:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
@FranH @simsample Be careful with graphics cards that are too new or processors that are too new! xD

It has to be brand new tech for me though, I want this new (as yet hypothetical) rig to play Inzoi when it's released too!

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -RADIO- -EON- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Mad Poster
#13556 Old Today at 10:52 AM
The biggest problem for me will be figuring out if I can transfer the data on the hard drive I have now to a new hard drive without having to install the game again on a new computer. I'm firmly sticking with a desktop computer. I don't like laptops (and yet I'm running on one..) because of their known limitations of upgrades. I have to have that extra space..

And also trying to keep Win 7 instead of the default 11 that new computers have. The graphics card will have to be a new one, and I'll just have to wing it. However this does give me the perfect excuse to get the 1t size drive I've been dearly wishing for the last 5 years...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
retired moderator
#13557 Old Today at 11:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
The biggest problem for me will be figuring out if I can transfer the data on the hard drive I have now to a new hard drive without having to install the game again on a new computer.

You'd have to reinstall the game, especially if you have a new operating system. Unless they clone your hard drive, which I would not advise as they'd have to update all the drivers anyway and it would be a mess, plus you have a badly outdated operating system (support for Win 7 ended back in 2020 and I doubt you'd find new drivers for it).

Simpeople and Me Archive- 11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive- Adele Archive- Sims 1 Archive
Please send me a message if you would like a SimsFileShare account, I can send you an invite!
Mad Poster
#13558 Old Today at 4:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
You'd have to reinstall the game, especially if you have a new operating system. Unless they clone your hard drive, which I would not advise as they'd have to update all the drivers anyway and it would be a mess, plus you have a badly outdated operating system (support for Win 7 ended back in 2020 and I doubt you'd find new drivers for it).

Yeah, you're right. A new OS will require re-installation of the game...which I'm dreading. But I will be able to take off all my downloads, neighborhoods, etc from the old drive, I know.

I just wish it wasn't required to 'update' the OS to that spyware they call Win 11 or even 10, because I don't want it on my system. I"m not afraid of the game not working but it's going to be a new learning curve for me.

Hell, I'm worrying about things I have to do even before I've picked the new system out! Talk about premature worrying!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://www.mediafire.com/?r=wbmnd#myfiles
Mad Poster
#13559 Old Today at 4:42 PM
I got the latest, greatest gaming rig available last Christmas... I have no problems with TS2 UC (from Origin.)
I've got an: iBUYPOWER - Trace MR Gaming Desktop - Intel i7 11700KF - 16GB Memory - NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080Ti 12GB - 1TB NVME SSD
And I added an extra internal HDD, for non-sims storage. (Ya know... work type stuffs )
And maxed out the RAM. (Well... I thought I did? Maybe I only quadrupled it - it says I have 64GB right now. )

The year before that I bought a really nice HP Omen 17 which has no problems at all with TS2 UC/Origin.

I also highly recommend - though I haven't needed it yet - to install Osab's StarterPack. It is the easiest, out-of-the-box way to play TS2. It is optimized, updated for new hardware, and fully supported. (Yes, it is free.) Don't "worry" about re-installing the game. It really isn't hard to do anymore.

I know my machines are waaaaay too expensive, and much more than TS2 needs, to be able to play. My point is - don't stress over getting the right machine. The new "stuff" works just fine.

...spyware they call Win 11 or even 10
As for W11? I like it MUCH better than 10. Just make sure you disable/uninstall OneDrive and CoPilot the first time you turn on your machine.
And after every major "update," make sure they didn't forcibly re-install them!
I use the free version of REVO Uninstaller to rip those things out by their guts. It is quick and easy.

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
retired moderator
#13560 Old Today at 6:01 PM
I just wish it wasn't required to 'update' the OS to that spyware they call Win 11 or even 10, because I don't want it on my system.

It is very daunting, but it's good to have an up-to-date operating system because it's more secure and you can get the latest drivers so everything works well. Even Win 10 support ends next year. If you have someone remove the old hard drives from your old computer then you can get yourself a SATA to USB adapter and plug your old hard drives in to your new computer to get files from them whenever you like.

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
As for W11? I like it MUCH better than 10. Just make sure you disable/uninstall OneDrive and CoPilot the first time you turn on your machine.
And after every major "update," make sure they didn't forcibly re-install them!

Thanks for the tips, I'd add to that to NOT install Sims games to the default location (Program files (x86)). Make a new folder in the root of your primary hard drive and install your games there- I put mine in C:/Games/EAGames (makes it easy, as when the installer asks where to install you just erase the 'program files(x86) bit and type 'games' ). This is important to do as it makes modding the game so very much easier- installing CEP or lighting mods, editing your graphics rules etc., as you don't need administrator access and nothing is virtualised in the virtual store profile folders. Also, backup your installed game files before you mod them! That way you can easily revert changes or go back if you mess something up (without reinstalling).

Page 543 of 543