Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#13451 Old Today at 3:54 PM
For me they weren't, I liked seeing all opinions although I have another, but that is something very autistic. I also liked expressing what I said, I think it is quite accurate.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#13452 Old Today at 4:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
There are ways to say things and over the years, I've seen that you are one of the few people I see who enjoy looking for drama. That doesn't seem constructive to me.

Why do you think I enjoy looking for drama? I find that offensive.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#13453 Old Today at 4:03 PM
For me they weren't

Screenshots
retired moderator
#13454 Old Today at 4:08 PM
Anyway, I love my sim aliens and I have a mod that allows the abductee to accept or reject impregnation, so it feels a bit better. For me, the sims universe is a completely seperate universe from ours, and physics, politics and society work completely differently. It's a universe of tropes and slapstick, and political incorrectlness, and I kinda like that, especially now the real world is (thankfully) trying to be politically more appropriate. I think when you make a neighbourhood to share you should make it to your own preferences and loves, and then others who feel the same will take it and shape it into their own.
Mad Poster
#13455 Old Today at 4:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
*simsample enters thread*

*simsample reads last two pages*

I went "wtf?" too.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#13456 Old Today at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I went "wtf?" too.

it's all "WTF. being like "yeah whatever you say" people have to shit horn their other ideals upon me. All I wanted to know was whether people enjoyed playing pregnant alien Sims in their 'hoods.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Inventor
#13457 Old Today at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
it's all "WTF. being like "yeah whatever you say" people have to shit horn their other ideals upon me. All I wanted to know was whether people enjoyed playing pregnant alien Sims in their 'hoods.

In my opinion, yes, people quite like alien lore and that can give you more richness to the story. But I don't know if it would be a good idea for you to only do it in women, since people have become attached to men preg lore, and in addition to that, you are following maxis stories, so it would be more coherent if there had been a pregnant male. But I don't know. As the author, you are the one who has to decide.
Scholar
#13458 Old Today at 4:27 PM

It is possible to have that discussion without bringing in unrelated and highly divisive topics. Stick to Sims 2 and leave the politics out of it if that's "all you wanted to know."
Mad Poster
#13459 Old Today at 4:33 PM

Gee, then maybe you should've kept it on topic instead of going on an anti-abortion rights rant and telling me to leave my country because I'm glad my family's no longer allowed to be enslaved and calling people "dump." No one would've known about any of our ideals if you'd exhibited some self control.

I know I said hijack over, but are you really going to attempt to rewrite the history of an hour ago? Okay, back on my ignore list you go. Sorry mods, I'll take the hit.
Inventor
#13460 Old Today at 4:46 PM
@omglo I think HarVee was wrong to tell you that, but I'm sure he doesn't think that way about that specific thing, I hope you make peace.
Mad Poster
#13461 Old Today at 4:53 PM
@omglo I think HarVee was wrong to tell you that, but I'm sure he doesn't think that way about that specific thing, I hope you make peace.

He absolutely feels that way, or he wouldn't have thought it, typed it, submitted it, then tried to pretend people were pushing their ideals onto him, because I didn't take kindly to it. We won't be making peace, but I will be focusing my energy on the sort of people who don't say such vile things, going forward.
Inventor
#13462 Old Today at 4:56 PM
There is an eclipse these days and the energy is somewhat dense.
Lab Assistant
#13463 Old Today at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I don't think there are currently any pregnant Sims in any of the six neighbourhoods I play! For a long time there was always at least one, but now that Brandi Broke has finally had her baby (a little girl called Skippie), I don't think I have any pregnant Sims. The reason for Brandi's 10 year pregnancy, was simply that I wasn't playing Pleasantview.

I suppose it's just a matter of playstyle. I spend a lot of my time playing gay male teenagers. I don't think any of them have even the slightest wish to ever become pregnant!!

A trans 🏳️‍⚧️ gay male teenager would be able to get pregnant 🫃

Or you could alien abduct them

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
retired moderator
#13464 Old Today at 5:51 PM
Guys it's really not worth arguing about, let's all be nice. I'm too old for that shite.
Mad Poster
#13465 Old Today at 6:01 PM
I can't agree with that statement, but I'm on board with the overall sentiment to move on.
Forum Resident
#13466 Old Today at 6:06 PM
I think I've developed some kind of sixth sense in being able to predict when a sim I'm inviting over is gonna ask if they can bring a friend along. Unless there is some tell I'm subconsciously picking up on - I mean, there is this short pause before the pop-up appears but I ”predict” it before that, while they're still talking. What a gift, lol.

I am Error.
Forum Resident
#13467 Old Today at 6:32 PM
I didn't realize my post would set off such a discussion.

I suppose it would open another can of worms if I mention Emory Salvatore is going to have an abortion since she got pregnant on a Sneak Out and she doesn't want a pregnancy disrupting her university plans, and that I believe all sims should have that right and Mayor Lucas Hernandez and Senator Beckham Rusewicz should have no say in the matter of her personal health care decisions.

So there's only going to be 27 pregnant sims.
retired moderator
#13468 Old Today at 6:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
I can't agree with that statement,

Well I know I look younger than I am, but I really am too old for that shite.
Mad Poster
#13469 Old Today at 9:22 PM Last edited by HarVee : Today at 9:44 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
It is possible to have that discussion without bringing in unrelated and highly divisive topics. Stick to Sims 2 and leave the politics out of it if that's "all you wanted to know."

Let's have that discussion then, about alien Sims 2 male pregnancy I mean! Do you have it in your game? Do you "abort it" in your game or let it be? Do you keep the pregnancy and if so, how do you interpret it story-wise? Keeping in mind we are talking about SIMS. Virtual characters that don't exist Irl.

Sorry for opening a can of reality worms earlier but let us move past that other crap and try to discuss TS2. So, let us discuss TS2 itself and your gameplay!

I genuinely want to know what your thoughts on SIM alien pregnancy is.

Mad Poster
#13470 Old Today at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
I didn't realize my post would set off such a discussion.

I suppose it would open another can of worms if I mention Emory Salvatore is going to have an abortion since she got pregnant on a Sneak Out and she doesn't want a pregnancy disrupting her university plans, and that I believe all sims should have that right and Mayor Lucas Hernandez and Senator Beckham Rusewicz should have no say in the matter of her personal health care decisions.

So there's only going to be 27 pregnant sims.

Good for Emory, making the choice that's right for her (and for the 27 others). What's the population size of your hood with all these Sims having Sims left and right?
Mad Poster
#13471 Old Today at 9:51 PM

I'll be honest with you all, when I posted that crap, I was indeed wrong to be so harsh about it. I was under the influence of drugs at the time (I'm being honest!) and Sims 2 was something that came to my mind because I've been obsessed with trying to perfect my neighborhood. I don't know if "peace" is something we can yet have, but it is something I'd like to work to have in the long run. Again, if you're reading this, just ignore my other posts. It is NOT worth getting upset about. We are here to discuss THE SIMS 2.

Forum Resident
#13472 Old Today at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Good for Emory, making the choice that's right for her (and for the 27 others). What's the population size of your hood with all these Sims having Sims left and right?

Um. Big.

Current playable totals
Elder: 123
Adult: 221
Young Adult: 37
Teen: 120
Child: 130
Toddler: 60
Baby: 33

Total: 724

And if anyone thinks I can't keep them all straight, you'd be wrong! Pick a number between 1-805 and I'll tell you about the character (though the babies and toddlers will be limited so maybe stick to 1-710)

I'm up to Generation 8 from my founding families. Goal is to hit Generation 10 before my game collapses into a fiery heap.
Mad Poster
#13473 Old Today at 10:31 PM
Wow, I wish I had the patience for such a massive hood. I've always wanted a huge city of Sims, but I know I'd get overwhelmed playing everyone.
Scholar
#13474 Old Today at 10:32 PM
And if anyone thinks I can't keep them all straight, you'd be wrong! Pick a number between 1-805 and I'll tell you about the character (though the babies and toddlers will be limited so maybe stick to 1-710)

I'm up to Generation 8 from my founding families. Goal is to hit Generation 10 before my game collapses into a fiery heap.

Mmmh... tell me about Sim #41.
Forum Resident
#13475 Old Today at 10:38 PM

I wanna hear about sim number 666

I am Error.
Page 539 of 539