Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 8:03 PM
Default Help. I can't find the Cat and Dog Adoption Bins in SimPe
Hi All. I hope this is the right spot for this question. If not, move it or let me know. I can't find the Sims 2 Cat and Dog Adoption Bins in SimPe. Like, I don't know what category. I wanna recolor it and I've looked where the shop shelves are and several other places and it's not showing up. I have SimPE in advanced mode and I have all the games and stuff packs and I have all that checked. I saw where Honeywell told someone "-with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true on--you can mouse over the object with the design tool and find the GUID. Use Open by GUID (95e55750) in SimPE and it'll come up" but I'm new to all of this and I just do it to recolor things for my own game and I'm not quite sure about what all that means. So, does someone know what section they're in? I just want them to match the walls and floors I created...*cries*.

And let me add, you guys are awesome. I have never posted here but for 20 years (That's how long I've played the Sims) or however long MTS has been up, I've been downloading and reading posts and you all are just wonderful and talented. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Aug 2024 at 10:17 PM
First make sure you've enabled Pets. Check both "System Folders" and "File Table" tabs in Preferences - could be you missed a tick mark, or that they're linking to the wrong place. If you enable something, I think you have to restart SimPE for the changes to take effect.

The pet bins are under "General/Pets", and are named "Doggonit Pet Display" and "Cat crazy pet display" (find them by alphabetical order)

Most of the regular Buy objects can be found under the original ingame categories (so if you have recategorizers for buy objects, look for original categories, not recategorized ones).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Aug 2024 at 12:11 AM
Default Thank you 😊 ❤️
Yay😁 thank you so much. Everything was ticked and folders were linking right. I guess I just overlooked them. But I see them. Thank you thank you thank you