Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 8:22 AM
Default What do you think about Inzoi?
People in the Sims community have been talking about this game for months. The Sims is finally getting some competition next to Paralives, though both games are not out yet.

Based on reviews and graphics, what do you think about Inzoi?

- For me it look like a mix between GTA and Sims 3. I love the dense map since I was trying to recreate something like that in Sims 2 and Sims 3. The arstyle is absolutely gorgeous, but a small part of me thinks it's too realistic, but I still prefer that over Sims 4's artsyle. It's growing up with realistic Sims 2 CC and Sims 3 that makes me gravitate to a more alpha style 😂. I heard that the gameplay is very vapid with not a lot of interactions, it's very easy with not a lot of obstacles. I was baffled that inzois need to be married to woohoo, how can players create Pleasantview level drama when inzois wear invisible purity rings? I've always appreciated how Sims 2 is the hardest and the raunchiest Sims game although I was traumatized multiple times as a kid.
In conclusion, I feel like Inzoi is an aesthetically beautiful game made for kpop girlies to parade their beautiful single inzois and take pictures at cafe's, possibly decorate their pretty one bedroom apartment rather than something deeper.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 12:52 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 3rd Sep 2024 at 1:11 PM.
I think it has potential, although it still feels very soulless. What worries me most is that the game comes from a fairly conservative society in some ways in addition to the hive mentality, which may end up being reflected. Although today it is perhaps even more free than if it came from the USA or Europe. xD Also I read that they are researching European cities, so they are really trying to make the game feel quite global, that is very good. I have also seen that the punches and slap animations are very realistic! XD In general I see a very good future but it needs more depth. I guess in a few years it will be a very popular game, it shows that they are working on it and it will force the lazy people and scammers at EA to work a little harder and maybe change their scam plans for the sims 5. With GTA style mods it could be a lot of fun, and if they delve into real life, jobs, family, DRAMAH, and so on, it could be very cool.

I imagine the modthesims panel in a few years:

Sims 2 Sims 3 Sims 4 Sims 5 Inzoi Paralives

^^
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 1:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
I think it has potential, although it still feels very soulless. What worries me most is that the game comes from a fairly conservative society in some ways in addition to the hive mentality, which may end up being reflected. Although today it is perhaps even more free than if it came from the USA or Europe. xD Also I read that they are researching European cities, so they are really trying to make the game feel quite global, that is very good. I have also seen that the punches and slap animations are very realistic! XD In general I see a very good future but it needs more depth. I guess in a few years it will be a very popular game, it shows that they are working on it and it will force the lazy people and scammers at EA to work a little harder and maybe change their scam plans for the sims 5. With GTA style mods it could be a lot of fun, and if they delve into real life, jobs, family, DRAMAH, and so on, it could be very cool.

I imagine the modthesims panel in a few years:

Sims 2 Sims 3 Sims 4 Sims 5 Inzoi Paralives

^^

I completely agree. I may not be able to play Inzoi anytime soon cause it looks like it takes a NASA computer to run it smoothly, but I see myself trying it when I buy a custom made sims-friendly computer with my adult money . I also hope it forces EA to get their shit together and Sims 4 simmers to stop begging for the bare minimum and get excited for something new that already existed in older games. Ohhh, I love the idea of finally having an Europe themed simulation game, since Sims was always very American centered. I genuinely hope they allow players to easily create worlds from scratch. As for the conservative part, i feel like it depends on the demand, I see them introducing some options to turn on/off raunchy parts or releasing an adult version only if a lot of adults pick up the game, but I see them not doing that if their primary audience are 11-15 year olds. Please, East Asia is all modest and dainty but cheating on their spouse with a prostitute is somewhat acceptable.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 1:59 PM
What I like most is feeling that the characters are alive and different from each other. I would like that even though there are no zodiac signs there would be something like a date of birth or something more about superstition or personalization, I haven't looked very carefully, but do Zois have desires, fears and memories, tastes, or chemistry? I guess they are still working on things like genetics and so on...
Mad Poster
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 3:18 PM
Okay, what is GTA? The only GTA I know is Grand Theft Auto and I cannot see how the drug dealers and prostitutes would fit in with purity rings and lack of drama.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Okay, what is GTA? The only GTA I know is Grand Theft Auto and I cannot see how the drug dealers and prostitutes would fit in with purity rings and lack of drama.

Not literally, it's because of driving cars and running in a hyper realistic city. The yellowish, slightly undersaturated shading reminds me of GTA 5.
Forum Resident
#7 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 4:31 PM Last edited by Sokisims : 3rd Sep 2024 at 4:44 PM.
To tell stories, everything that is city animations are welcome, GTA explored that more, street drama, but there could also be animations related to the city that are not just crime, I like that there are detailed things in both senses. good and evil. I've seen that they are doing goofy style animations, so I guess doing it all with a surreal ironic touch as saints row mixed with sims 2, could work very well. Free will and reactions to what the player does is something super important, I hope they work on it. I've seen the option for the city to be impeccable or a totally dirty hell and it's a great Sim City Societies style tool. I've also seen a tool to choose hair length! I love that, it reminds me of a Barbie game I played when I was little. I hope they add a lot more variety of hairstyles, especially seeing that they are replicating the most famous meshes that all players end up downloading when we play alpha xD
Mad Poster
#8 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 6:56 PM
Is there a link to this game?
Forum Resident
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Is there a link to this game?

You mean inZoi? It's not out yet but it's on Steam. There's also more discussion about it under Community > Other Sims Games section, the discussion was moved there from under Sims 4 section.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 9:45 PM
Too realistic looking for me.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 3rd Sep 2024 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by foxmanic
You mean inZoi? It's not out yet but it's on Steam. There's also more discussion about it under Community > Other Sims Games section, the discussion was moved there from under Sims 4 section.

Oh really? I don't go further away from General and most popular forums so I wasn't aware that people were talking about inZoi for a while. Though my thread was mostly pure discussion and opinions without updates and technical stuff.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 4:43 PM
Wow, the graphics are good. It's almost like watching a movie. I also approve that a cat seems to be the Managing Director. XD

It will be interesting to see what they do with it.
Instructor
#13 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 10:46 PM
Those screenshots at the pier look like something straight out of Los Santos, I definitely get the GTA V vibes in here. That being said, I also get the same vibe as those weird dating sims like Together BnB and I'm not sure how I feel about it. If this were GTA then I would love the graphics. For a Sims-like game, I'm not sure.

I also really don't want woohoo (is that how they also call it?) only after marriage, and other conservative views on relationships and sex (and life in general, to be honest). Let me be free and play how I want to play, create the stories I want to create.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My Simblr! Now actually working!
Mad Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2024 at 10:58 PM
I've seen some discussion about it using AI for creating game resources, plus a form of face recognition for making avatars, paired with them saving a bit too much information from the device used (full name, address, phone number, etc.), so... I don't know. Could easily go down the wrong rabbit hole, that one.

Also not too impressed by the animation and object clipping for the babies in particular (not sure if they're still working on that).

I'm not too into the whole hyper realism thing - this one is kind of in the uncanny valley for me. They look very realistic on pictures, but have a somewhat robotic behavior that - while it doesn't give me an "ick" feeling or any such, it doesn't quite capture me.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 5:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I've seen some discussion about it using AI for creating game resources, plus a form of face recognition for making avatars, paired with them saving a bit too much information from the device used (full name, address, phone number, etc.), so... I don't know. Could easily go down the wrong rabbit hole, that one.

Also not too impressed by the animation and object clipping for the babies in particular (not sure if they're still working on that).

I'm not too into the whole hyper realism thing - this one is kind of in the uncanny valley for me. They look very realistic on pictures, but have a somewhat robotic behavior that - while it doesn't give me an "ick" feeling or any such, it doesn't quite capture me.

I had the CAZ demo while it was available and tested the AI feature in it just to see how it worked and at least in the demo it's completely useless: I wanted linen pattern for the shirt so I just wrote in "linen" I received picture with linen bedding folded in pile with few decorative rocks placed on it, cool picture but not what I wanted at all. Changed it to "linen pattern" I got random texture that maybe had some linen on it. I tried "linen texture seamless" and I got small randomly shaped pieces of linen texture on white background, I guess since it had white background it was technically indeed seamless, too bad that the texture areas were so small they were unusable. I couldn't use any of them and gave up on even trying to get anything useful out of it. I will be surprised if they decide to keep that feature in it without huge improvements since it clearly isn't working as supposed, importing your own textures is a lot more reliable - though it will lead into a problem eventually: since you can share your creations there eventually somebody will be there posting some stolen-from-the-internet patterns/images etc. Actually that very likely has already happened during the demo period, how will they moderate something like that?

But well, whatever at this point, as long as it gives EA a good scare and forces them to try harder on Sims 5/Rene/Dolores then it's all a win for everyone regardless if you move onto inZOI or stick with the Sims series. And if nothing else, some crazy person will look at this game too and decide to convert everything from it to Sims 2 as soon as we just get some tools for that. That seems to be the thing most people consider Sims 2 good for; receiving conversions. :P
Mad Poster
#16 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 1:47 PM
The character creator was a bit limited. You can't take the eyes from face 1 and pair it with the nose and mouth of face 2. And I like realistic graphics, but maybe not that realistic. I'll probably get it on a steam sale at some point, though, if the reviews are good.
Instructor
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 11:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Yvelotic2001
Those screenshots at the pier look like something straight out of Los Santos, I definitely get the GTA V vibes in here. That being said, I also get the same vibe as those weird dating sims like Together BnB and I'm not sure how I feel about it. If this were GTA then I would love the graphics. For a Sims-like game, I'm not sure.

I also really don't want woohoo (is that how they also call it?) only after marriage, and other conservative views on relationships and sex (and life in general, to be honest). Let me be free and play how I want to play, create the stories I want to create.

I agree with the graphics. The hyper realism definitely works for some games but it's a bit too much for a life simulator. I remember 15 years ago when people thought that every new sims game will be more and more realistic and that it would be awesome until we have such technology now and realized that it isn't the best idea. In my opinion, Sims Medieval had the most gorgeous semi realistic style, you could make goofy sims and intimidating sims without having a slapstick look to them.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 7th Sep 2024 at 6:16 AM
I'm very excited to try it. I'm not looking for The Sims, I'm looking for a take on a life simulator from a different company. It being from a different country is even a bigger bonus.

It will be what it will be. I hope that it does a good job at being itself.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Locked thread