Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2008 at 6:19 PM
Default Superb Sibling Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED!!!

Hello guys, and welcome to the first ever contest that I've hosted! :-D This contest gives two of your favourite sim siblings the chance to take the spotlight, and tell us about their lives!

Rules.

There must be TWO siblings, no more, no less. The siblings can be any species/creature (ie human, alien, vampire etc). They can be male or female. They can be children, teens, young adults, adults or elders, or any combination, so long as they have a backstory/biography. They can be full or half siblings (ie one or both parents in common), or step-siblings. They can be related by blood or by adoption.

The siblings must have AT LEAST ONE other family member. This can be a parent, another sibling, a grandparent, aunt, uncle, cousin, significant other, child or grandchild. The other family member(s) will be required to complete Round 1.

Photoshopping of your pictures is allowed, but you will not necessarily gain points for it.

You will lose points for not following round specifications, if you have any questions please feel free to ask me!

And the ever obvious - if you do decide to join, please don't drop out part way through! If you HAVE TO drop out, please PM me and let me know.

Judging.

Each round will be judged on the following criteria: creativity in the storyline /20, how well the pictures illustrate the story /20, how well the task has been followed /10. The application round will not be judged.

Application Round.

Your application must include: Name & age for each sibling. Brief biography for your siblings, including why they consider each other to be "superb siblings". Information on whether the siblings live together, and who (else) they live with. Pictures: headshot of each sibling, and a free shot of the siblings together.

Rounds - (Round 1 posted!)

1. Family Matters. *SCORES*
2. When The Going Gets Tough *SCORES*
3. Living Life To The Full. *SCORES*
4. Looking To The Future.

I have all the judges and EJ's that I need now. :-D Thanks to all who volunteered!

Contestants.

1. simcharley1990 Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
2. negneg189 Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
3. clw8 Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
4. kustirider2 Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
5. Petchy Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
6. PuX- 80's Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
7. Moonstream27 Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
8. Deatherella Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4
9. wgroome Application Round 1 Round 2 Round 3 Round 4

00. Dreamydre15 Application Round 1 Dropped Out
00. Blast the Stereo Application Round 1 No Round 2 Entry
00. renegadewolf Application Dropped Out
00. RabbitRoadkill Application Round 1 Dropped Out
00. jenniferrsg Application Round 1 No Round 2 Entry
00. phasha18 Application Round 1 Dropped Out

Judges.

1. lauratje86
2. Chowgilly
3. cavilez1987

EJ's.

1. SimLove
2. ILoveJonsi
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 2:12 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 1.1.09
Ends 2.8.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 3:58 AM
Thanks for approving this contest bP :-D

Ok folks, anyone feel like submitting an application?? :-D And I still need two EJ's, if anybody feels like volunteering! :-)
Instructor
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 12:40 PM
Id be happy to be an emergency judge?
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 12:47 PM
Ohh this seems like a really good idea for a contest. If i'm not too busy or my game decides to let me use CC i'll deffiantly join. Just one question...how many pictures will be required roughly each round? :]

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Test Subject
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 1:51 PM
Hey, this looks cool. I'll be a emergency judge.
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 3:44 PM
Same question as Charley, I'd love to join if I can...
And will there be a lot of writing involved? :D
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 3:45 PM
Ehh, i'm going to go ahead and do my APP now, but i won't post it until i know about the amout of pictures needed :D

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 6:11 PM
Sorry for the lack of answers guys, I was asleep all day :-)

Charley and Moldova, there will generally be 4-6 pictures required for each round, with the exception of the application round, which requires 3. And each round will require captions for all the pictures, which will probably amount to two or three sentences per caption. As a guideline I'd say about the same amount of pictures/writing as the Soon-To-Be Mum contest which is just finishing up now, if any of you have been involved with that one.

And thank you Chowgilly and SimLove, I'll put you down as my emergency judges :-D
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 6:46 PM
I'll get my app done soon, as I'm going to do a quick switch around soon. At the moment I'm doing it all on Paint shop pro and I'm getting Photoshop within the next few days. I need to get it and quickly get to grips with it before I post ma app :D
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 7:20 PM
I was going to join but decided to judge instead, it's a lot easier to manage than being a contestant with my schedule. I can't wait to see some apps, this seems like it'll be a good contest and I'm ready to judge!

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 9:32 PM
Ok thanks Laurajte, I've took my applications pictures so I may aswell join. I'll just touch up and upload my picturess. ;]

Forum Resident
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 9:33 PM
Can't wait to see your entry Charley :D
Field Researcher
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauratje86
Your application must include: Name & age for each sibling. Brief biography for your siblings, inlcuding why they consider each other to be "superb siblings".

I have a pair of siblings in mind. (I've literally been roleplaying etc. with them for years.) The problem is that they don't actually get along. If they dislike each other, is it still permissible to enter them in the contest?

Eagerly awaiting Silent Hill: Shattered Memories.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 9:43 PM
aww I really hope we get more contestants, I put a link in my siggy

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Scholar
#16 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:02 PM
Gosh, I'm gonna have to resurrect someone from the dead. In my favorite pair of brothers, one of them died of old age and the other one is one day from turning elder. They had a most dubious past.
Is it okay if I make new adult ones of them and use the same history?

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:08 PM
Default The Meadows (simcharley) - Application.
The Meadows.

Name; Gabrielle (Gabby) Meadows.
Location; Plesantview Village.
Age; 15
Bio; Gabby is an average teenager, she has the tamtrums but has the good times. She has a quirky sense of style consisting of big glasses, oversized tees, neons, and lots of colour. Gabby can regulary be found at the local clothing store, catching up with the new trends or down at the local coffee house reading her favorite gossip magazines.

Name; Alesha-May Meadows
Age; 8
Location; Plesantview Village.
Bio; Little Alesha has high hopes of becoming a princess and living with her prince. She believes in fairytales and hope one day hers will come true. Alesha has took on her mother and sister's quirky style and regulary hits the shops with Gabby, either that or hanging at the local playground with her best friends Robbie and Jenna playing 'The Princesses and Prince'.

Gabby & Alesha.
Bio (on both girls) ; Little Alesha is 7 years younger than her older sister, Gabby and that would have people believe they contanstly argue and never get along, but really that is far from the truth. The girls couldn't be more diffrent than each other but that doesn't affect the love travelling around them. It was Gabby who stood up for Alesha when she was getting picked on in the school playground, and it was Alesha who found Gabby's favorite necklace for a party, no one else. Yes, they bicker but what siblings don't? Through-out the bad and good times which have over took there lives the girls have always helped each other come through. The girls live with their mum in Plesantview Village, their 'dad' hasn't seen either daughter in 5 years. Gabbrielle and Alesha-May know they are superb siblings but they want to show everyone else aswell.

1. Sorry about the crummy photos, I had no pose hacks.
2. Is Gabby's headshot ok? I have another one I can swap it for.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 10:33 PM
WannabeSith the main idea behind the contest is that the siblings are "superb siblings", so I don't really see how your two could work. The upcoming rounds assume that the siblings do get on, and I don't think you'd be able to complete them properly with a pair of siblings who dislike each other. Sorry! :-( Hopefully you'll still be interesting in applying with some different siblings!

Deatherella go for it :-)

Charley your application is awesome! Gabby's headshot is fine. Well done for getting your app in so quickly!

Beki I'm looking forward to seeing your application. :-D I also just got Photoshop a few weeks ago, and it's great! I couldn't do without it now!
Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:18 PM
Mannnnnnnn.....I can't wait to get started on this. ;3

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#20 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:22 PM
Well, I'll post the Round 1 details as soon as we hit 10 contestants (provided we do get 10 contestants.....). So if plenty of people submit applications, then you'll be able to get started on the first round sooner than the 11th :-D
Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:30 PM
All right, lets hope we get 10 entries ;3

Theorist
#22 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:30 PM
I HAVE to join this!! *this is gunna be brillaiant* I havn't been in a contest in ages, can't wait! This looks like a nice and fun idea, well done!

Also; should I aim more or Text than Charley, or is she dead-on about perfect? (aaas usual LOL) and are the rounds going to be more story or picture based?
All we need now is Kusti and we gots the crew

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Alchemist
#23 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:32 PM
Lol.. Sorry Petch I don't do contests... Well, not yet anyway ( I wouldn't have enough time anyway, i have a GCSE on the 12th)
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:33 PM
Lols, And ohh, yeah... is the amout of text ok? or should I add more ^^
Oh Kusti - you party pooper - goodluck on your exam :]

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#25 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
I HAVE to join this!! *this is gunna be brillaiant* I havn't been in a contest in ages, can't wait! This looks like a nice and fun idea, well done!

Wow, pressure much lol! I hope it will be good, but it is my first try at a contest! I'm trying hard though!

Quote: Originally posted by Petchy
Also; should I aim more or Text than Charley, or is she dead-on about perfect? (aaas usual LOL) and are the rounds going to be more story or picture based?
All we need now is Kusti and we gots the crew

Charley is pretty much dead on :-) The rounds will be more story-based, I'd say, but it's a close run thing. Lots of photoshopping etc is not required, so long as the pictures illustrated the story well :-D

I hope to see your application in soon :D
Page 1 of 18