Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2009 at 5:22 AM
Default SimCity's Next Top Architect - WINNERS ANNOUNCED! CONGRATULATIONS!
Hi everybody!

This is my first contest as a host! Please bear with me if I do something wrong.

Well, here it is! The "SimCity's Next Top Architect" contest! Do you think you can build? Show us what you've got!

~

The Rules

-The house size will change throughout the competition. Application Round will be a makeover of a Maxis home of your choice, first round will be a starter home built on the smallest lot possible, (2x3 for those with the base game, anything episode higher will be a 2x2 lot.) the second round will be a secondary home on a 3x3 lot, third will be a mansion, and fourth round is a home of your choice, and the size lot of your choice.-

-A starter lot classes as a lot underneath the price of $20.000-

-A secondary lot classes as a lot underneath the price between $20.000 and $90.000-

-Mansions are considered anything higher. -

-Lots may have custom content-

-You may use the episodes that you have to your advantage-

~

Pictures

-Please see the quotes for each round to see what pictures are required.-

Descriptions

Your houses need to be sold at one stage, right? Your descriptions must tell the judges (who will act as the clients. Scores will not be on their tastes per se.) everything that you find important about the house. Please, no "This is my house, enjoy" or "Here." Please be descriptive.

Judges

1. Tenielle

2. hale

3. alliemarie2323

Emergency Judges

1. Tree4me

2. Cavilez1987

3. Kyle

Contestants

1. jewaukeela - Application | Round 1 | School comes before an obsession. :elephant:

2. clw8 - Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

3. Deatherella - Application| Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

4. Dozo - Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

5. Spiffy - Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

6. Norikoann - Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

7. HyghTyme - Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Round 3 | Round 4

8. Extensa5420 - Application | Round 1 | Eliminated: No round 2.

9. Blake - Application | Round 1 | Round 2 | Eliminated: No round 3

10. ash (has said can no longer participate.)

Eliminations

There will be no eliminations. The overall winner will be decided by the scores. Besides, eliminations are unfair anyways.

Round Schedule
Application Round: Maxis Makeover, Contest Edition: 9th April - 13th April
Round 1: My Perfect Starter House: 14th - 20th April
Round 2: Secondary Lane: Starting Anew: 22th - 27th April
Round 3: Living the High Life: 29th April - 3rd May
Round 4: Evaluation 3rd - 6th May
Please note that this is a rough average. Two days are for judging purposes.

Please note that these are Australian Eastern Times.

Wait, how will these rounds be judged?
Clw8, I will be using you as an example, if you don't mind.

Contestant #1 - clw8

Rules: ?/5 - Did they follow the rules well? It's 5 if it was fantastic, 4 if it was great, 3 if it was good, 2 if it was okay, and 1 if it was bad.

Description: ?/5 - 5 if the description was very descriptive, 4 if it was great, 3 if it was good, and so on.
Aesthetics: ?/5 - The overall flow of the house, and how aesthetically pleasing it is, same scoring as above.
Creativity: ?/5 - How creative is the house? Scoring is the same as above.
Total: ?/20
Favourite of the round?: An * will be put next to the favourite contestant's username by each of the judges. This is for every round. Each fave gets 5 bonus points.

Quote:
Application Round:
The application round is a Maxis Makeover. There is no house that you absolutely have to do. You may choose any Maxis home (except for the ones in the lots and houses bin.) in any of the neighbourhoods except for custom neighbourhoods.

Please include:
- At least four pictures. That is one for the exterior, at least one for the interior, and two of the rooms of your choice. Please, no more than eight pictures.-
- A descriptive passage for the home. Include how much it costs, and the lot size, like if you were uploading the house to MTS2 or similar.-

You may not:
-Delete or add any walls/stories. Keep the basic shell of the house the same, please.-

You may:
-Put any Buy Mode content in that you wish.-
-Put any wall covering, roofing and flooring you wish.-
-You may use terrain tools, paints and garden tools. Feel free to add as many flowers and trees as you wish.-

Prizes
The winner wins these adorable Sims made by Hale!

Winner also wins this gorgeous Sim by jewaukeela. (Sorry, you can't win it though, keela. :P)

***IMPORTANTISH NOTICE*** Please note that after 8:30 AET, I am not online. Sorry if I respond later than you hope.

If I do anything wrong, let me know. Thanks.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 4:20 AM
Contest Approved
Begins 4.8.09
Ends 5.8.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 6:59 AM
Checking in guys!

Deatherella - Now that the contest is up, I have fixed it up. Thanks for letting me know.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
Inventor
#4 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 3:31 PM
okay! I would love to join. I'm assuming that the maxis-made home would be an uninhabited one?
Forum Resident
#5 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 3:37 PM
I would be happy to judge. Would also be happy to join, but I'm not a builder. But judge I can!
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 8:56 PM
Sounds funn. ... this is the exact kinda contest I wanted to join ... Since BPs is about over, and hosting a building contest just isn't the same

... So, I shall be back very soon with an entry!
-clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 9:42 PM
I would love to join, tree4me, however, I honestly can't build to save my life. But I would definitely love to judge if you don't mind

Just Call Me Allie :)
Inventor
#8 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 10:56 PM
I too will be back by tomorrow with an entry, just wanted to say that I will be joining!
#9 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 10:59 PM
I'll be a judge or EJ, Tree4me.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#10 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 11:36 PM
hale: Thankyou! I will put you down as a judge. Is that alright?

jewaukeela: Thanks! I will add you to the contestants list! To answer your question, you can do any maxis made home except for the ones that are in the lots and houses bin or in custom neighbourhoods. So they don't need to be uninhabited.

alliemaree2323: It's good to see you again! I will add you to the judges list!

clw8: It's good to see you again too! I will add you to the contestants list!

Tenielle: I will add you to the judges list! :D

I will say here that now all the judges places are filled. Emergency Judges and Applicants are still accepted though!

#11 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tree4me
hale: Thankyou! I will put you down as a judge. Is that alright?

That's perfect! Thanks for letting me be a part of this. =D
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 12:08 AM
Not a problem! =)

Forum Resident
#13 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 1:35 AM
Tenielle: I will add you to the judges list! :D

Thanks, Liz, this should be a lot of fun!
Forum Resident
#14 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 1:47 AM
I'll be an EJ
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 1:50 AM
Thanks Cavilez. I'll add you to the list.

Scholar
#16 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:32 AM
My entry is almost done. Thought I should finish up my other contest's entries before fixing up the yard for my ap in this one.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 2:33 AM
Oki-dokesez! I'll add you to the list! :D

Field Researcher
#18 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:06 AM
Thanks, Liz. It's great seeing you again too!
Great contest idea, by the way.

Just Call Me Allie :)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#19 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:09 AM
Thanks, Allie.

#20 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:20 AM
I would love to join. BTW, great contest idea and exactly what I was looking for.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:21 AM
Yay! I'll add you to the list! :D

#22 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:22 AM
Yay! I'll add you to the list! :D

Thanks, I look forward to the contest!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:36 AM
I would love to join and could have my application round entry done by tomorrow (or the latest by the day after).
Scholar
#24 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:48 AM
Default clw8 - Application
Introducing: 200 Strawberry Hill - From the 'hood that came w/ Seasons.

Pricing: $31,649
Size Lot: 1x3
Beds: 2
Baths: 1
Other: Combined Kitchen and Living Space , Driveway , Yard

Though She isn't big, this renovated trailer is all any elderly couple, single parent w/ child, or roomies would need.

As you see, this lot come with a wonderful white rocked driveway and a duel swingset. Lets not bypass the shade tree, or the freshly mowed grass - all tied together in an ultra cute small package!

The inside is plenty big enough for light travel via the 3 tile wide hallway, and has just enough room for a miniture library and den area.

The Kitchen isn't the largest of areas, but offers a cheerfully bright environment for even the most unskilled cooks, with plenty enough counter space for multiple preparing.

The bedroom at the end of the hall is the largest of the two. Decked out in a more warm feel, this would definately be the perfect room for the eldest of the inhabitants, or for the woman of the house.

Never fear - The smaller bedroom is still keepin it comfy, with a mix of warm and cool colors for that bubbly environment you seek.

The bathroom is tiny, however it does supply one with the bare basics, which, is all that is needed really....
*No Picture*
For a better look at all 200 Strawberry Hill has to offer, check out this overview

-clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 3:54 AM
^-^ Definitely interested in joining (and it'll be my first contest!). I'll post my Maxis make-over here soon! Only question is: does the home have to be inhibited, like the Goth mansion, or can it just be any Maxis-made home?

Edit: Never mind, saw my question had been asked and answered already.
Good luck everyone! =)
Page 1 of 14