Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 11:37 PM Last edited by jay_envy : 14th Jan 2011 at 2:38 AM.
Default The Sims 3 Multiplayer - Sunset Valley (Test Run)
I need some volunteers to do a quick test run with me, to see how well this will work. Everyone will create their own sims and play for one sim week. Once we figure out how everything functions, I'll make a set off rules (what EPs should be used, should CC be included etc.) and we can get started on an actual game.

I've emptied out Sunset Valley and will upload it onto MediaUpload, after I finish my round of playing. Then I'll PM the username and password to whoever is next in line to play, who will then download the file and re-upload it onto the account after their turn is up, ready for the next player. This will continue until it gets back to the first person, which will be me. This game will only go one round; long enough to receive feedback from you guys about what needs to be changed, what CC you may like to see implemented etc.

So without dragging this out, is anybody is interested in volunteering? I only need two to three other players for a quick run-through. I'll include a .txt files in the package that will explain where to place the save files.

**EDIT** I will not be accepting any more people for a test run. Four players is more than enough. If you're interested, perihelion is currently working on a world and if the test game goes well, we'll be starting a game on the multiplayer group in the near future. Keep checking there for any updates if you're interested.

- Players -
1) jay_envy
2) Sulyuki
3) twilightgarden0
4) TheLB

(BTW, for those of you who haven't, I recommend joining the multiplayer group. That is where I'll be posting further updates about starting a game, after this test game is finished.)
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 4:57 AM
This sounds really fun and interesting! I'd join but it'd eat away at my internet downloads )':
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 2:21 PM
Can I give it a try? I have an SP too and don't really want to use the AGS, is that ok if I just don't use anything from it?
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 8th Jan 2011 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sulyuki
Can I give it a try? I have an SP too and don't really want to use the AGS, is that ok if I just don't use anything from it?

That should be fine. Especially since its just a test run and you seem to be the only one interested as of yet. I'll put you down on the list!

Also, make sure you join the multiplayer group too!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 6:48 AM
I might consider it but since I dont have much time, I might sorta slow you down, and my computer had some sort of problem, now it restarts every 10 min.. I'd like to help out, but I might not be able to, I'll get back to you for sure soon.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 6:49 AM
btw I have all expansions, so it would work on mine
Banned
#7 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 10:45 AM
WAIT!

You should only participate if you have ALL the required EPs, otherwise shuttling the world between different game configurations will break it.

Good news - I now have my very own copy of TS3 (Gods, I really do need help) and I'm downloading CAW as I type this, so I can create a base game compatible custom world after the test run.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by perihelion
Good news - I now have my very own copy of TS3 (Gods, I really do need help) and I'm downloading CAW as I type this, so I can create a base game compatible custom world after the test run.

Thank the gods! Hopefully you can take the reins after the test game is finished. I'll be uploading pictures and such after the rounds are finished. I started my round today and will be uploading it later, and sending it to Sulyuki.

Quote: Originally posted by Riptide651
I might consider it but since I dont have much time, I might sorta slow you down, and my computer had some sort of problem, now it restarts every 10 min.. I'd like to help out, but I might not be able to, I'll get back to you for sure soon.

Perhaps not with the test run as it might impede feedback and such but once we finish and we start a real game, you're more than welcome to join that.
Field Researcher
#9 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 9:26 PM
I'll participate in the test. I've been thinking about joining the group, but I haven't decided for sure yet, so maybe it will help me determine weather or not it's for me. I have all EP's, but I don't have FLS. I don't know if that would be a problem or not.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 10:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twilightgarden0
I'll participate in the test. I've been thinking about joining the group, but I haven't decided for sure yet, so maybe it will help me determine weather or not it's for me. I have all EP's, but I don't have FLS. I don't know if that would be a problem or not.

If you're interested in doing a test run, you're more than welcome to join. Just send me a PM and I'll put you down. All I ask is that you give feedback on any issues that arise during your gameplay, rules you think should be imposed for future games etc.

In terms of the packs, the only add-ons of any kind I'm using in the test run are the 3 EPs - WA, AMB and LN.
Instructor
#11 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 10:39 PM
I'm new to this, so it sounds interesting, but I'd like to know more about what this entails before signing up. (:

"There's nothing to writing.
All you do is sit at a typewriter and open a vein."
-Walter "Red" Smith
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Jan 2011 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheLB
I'm new to this, so it sounds interesting, but I'd like to know more about what this entails before signing up. (:

There is no real goal to multiplayer, its just a fun way to share your creativity with fellow simmers. Essentially all it is is the passing around of a save file. Each player will create their own sims and play whichever way they choose, for two sim-weeks each round. For example -

In round 1 'Player 1' will start off with by creating a sim, move into a house and play until two sim-weeks is up. Then they will save the game, exit and upload the save file online for 'player 2's' turn. After 'player 2' is finished with their turn, they will upload the save and pass it onto 'player 3' etc. When the round is finished, it will come back to 'player 1' who will start the cycle over again. Each player can play the game however they wish so long as it doesn't conflict with another player's sim and their family, unless that player has given permission to do so.

The only rules are, as I've mentioned above, no messing around with other player's sims/lots, no CC unless it's agreed upon, you can only play for two sim-weeks each round, and no flooding the town with random sims you have no intention of playing with.

If you're still interested, shoot me a PM if you would like to join or have any further questions.
Banned
#13 Old 21st Jan 2011 at 11:46 PM
How's it going so far?
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 22nd Jan 2011 at 2:34 AM
Sulyuki is currently on her turn. The neighborhood loaded fine for her, everything seems to be running smoothly atm etc.
Banned
#15 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:14 AM
Jay, I just uploaded the custom world so you can have a peek. I know it's kind of bare, but I wanted to lessen the strain on other people's systems.
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 3:04 PM
I just downloaded it and added it to my worlds folder, so I will definitely check it out later. I also left the feedback from the test-run in the planning thread if you haven't checked it out yet.
Scholar
#17 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 4:54 PM
Is each player documenting their time with the town with pics or clips? Or are you just playing and passing along? I think this could be very interesting if there were enough players that the entire town full of Sims were being controlled by actual players (instead of loads of background townies having things made up by the game engine) with each player having their own families (2-3) to play and a small group of sims that could be shared by players as well as some NPC Sims. It's an interesting idea and I'd be curious to see how it plays out. Please post results of your experiment. Hope its fun.

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 6:24 PM
Looking forward to seeing how this turns out.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th Feb 2011 at 11:24 PM
I'm curious what happened after I sent them away. Are you or anyone going to post any pictures? Could you send me the last copy of the test run? Unless there were any problems with it I would like to keep playing it on my own. I'd rather not use any hacks, so I can't join a real game.

And btw, they were not compatible zodiacs.
Test Subject
#20 Old 13th May 2012 at 12:34 PM
will that mod be further developed and is the project alive?
Is it possible to be an beta tester?

kind regards
tom
Mad Poster
#21 Old 13th May 2012 at 6:57 PM
I'd love to participate after the first dry runs are complete, I've done something like this with Pleasantview in TS2 before for a couple years.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Scholar
#22 Old 13th May 2012 at 8:06 PM
Considering there has been no activity in this thread for over a year, I wouldn't count on further participation. You can check the Multiplayer Group section and see if something similar is going on.

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=543
Test Subject
#23 Old 8th Jul 2024 at 11:23 PM
Is this still a thing?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#24 Old 8th Jul 2024 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LoveSvk
Is this still a thing?

Well considering that OP hasn't been active on this site for nine years, I'd guess.... no.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 10th Jul 2024 at 2:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Well considering that OP hasn't been active on this site for nine years, I'd guess.... no.

That’s everyone. They get married, have kids, and get jobs, overall, having no time for sims stuff.

Also, if it’s an empty hood and you play a sim for 2 weeks, then the town will be of sims all 2 weeks apart from each other. And by the time you come back to your sim they’re dead 😵 or at least really old.

Maybe it could work better with aging off? Or SP off and we’re trying to make an unhinged story.

I’ve seen a legacy where, each generation the family was put again in a day 1 sunset valley but with the already married in families deleted.

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
Page 1 of 2