Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 3:22 AM
I use censor.package and it works perfectly, but I have no idea who made it. I'm 99% sure it's from modthesims2.com or its sexy sister site.

geocities.com/saramkirk
Merge Pleasantview, Strangetown, Veronaville. Keep terrains/deco, houses, relationships!
Advertisement
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#27 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 12:37 AM
Okay, all I have done so far is add some custom content to the game for items that are the same as in the regular game. I concur it is just a simplified version of sims, up to nightlife. I havent added any hacks yet, but was fixing to try CEP in the downloads to see if it worked, but according to this thread, it does, along with insimenator yea! The next question is, can we add items from the regular game and add it as custom content to the game much like they did the drums etc. and vice versa, because there are things they have in the life stories I would like to have in my regular sims2 (call me greedy lol). I do know that boolprop works.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#28 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 9:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
...there are things they have in the life stories I would like to have in my regular sims2 (call me greedy lol).

Keep your eyes open at MTS2: this weekend will be a great surprise for you

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#29 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 9:34 AM
I haven't played the game yet, I have just installed it. How do I install the bonus downloads from the official site they we can get after installing the game? I tired double clicking them but it says windows does not recognize them.

Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#30 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 3:27 PM
When windows ask with which program you want to open that file, select "Choose program from list" and click OK; when the list opens up, click "Browse", and go to the folder where the game executable is installed (usually, C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\TSBin). When there, select the file "PackageInstaller.exe".

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Field Researcher
#31 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Keep your eyes open at MTS2: this weekend will be a great surprise for you

The weekend is here - what are we supposed to be looking for? I haven't seen anything Sim Life Stories related, or maybe I don't know where to look?
#32 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 7:53 PM
If Numenor is saying they'll post extracted objects from LS for TS2, it's been done over at MATY (there's a thread in the Peasantry board), so we know it's definatly possible. They did run into a few snags at MATY, so maybe that's what's with the delay?
Field Researcher
#33 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 8:26 PM
Oh, thanks Yam!
Test Subject
#34 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
When windows ask with which program you want to open that file, select "Choose program from list" and click OK; when the list opens up, click "Browse", and go to the folder where the game executable is installed (usually, C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\The Sims Life Stories\TSBin). When there, select the file "PackageInstaller.exe".

I just figured out my mistake. I had to play the game first then redownload them and then they installed. But thanks for the advice.

Does anyone know where we can get makeup and hair for the sims life stories?
Thanks.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:36 AM
That's what I'd like to know too. I found that only a couple of outfits from All About Style and a couple from here worked...mostly Pirate Chick's pj's...and it seems they work better if they are Maxis recolors.

I'm wondering it it's at all possible that some of the creators could indicate on their work if it's Life Story compatible or not? Or if there could be a separate section for LS downloads? It would sure save a lot of trouble for me and others, I'm sure.
#36 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 8:47 AM
They're up now, by the way at MTS2
Test Subject
#37 Old 18th Feb 2007 at 10:12 AM
But how do I install them into the game?-Thanks!
The ModFather
retired moderator
#38 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 12:29 AM
Momthing - There's not a relevant difference between custom content for the Sims2 and for Life Stories; the big difference is that LifeStories gets slowed down quickly, compared to the Sims2. Therefore, you are right when you say that recolours for Maxis clothings work better: they don't contain a mesh, and therefore are more manageable by LifeStories. But even with Maxis recolours, you shouldn't exceed with the numbers of downloads.

Nicola_X - Thanks for advertising! For anyone interested, the links are:
Objects: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=220834
Careers: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=220833

Scalad - Create a folder named "Downloads" within (Documents)\Electronic Arts\The Sims™ Life Stories; and put the downloaded packages there (keeping in mind what I said earlier: be selective and keep low the number of downloads)

Test Subject
#39 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 8:20 AM
Thanks Numenor! I only wanted a few more eyeshadows and lipsticks. And maybe one or two hairstyles.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#40 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 9:20 AM
Eyeshadows and lipsticks are safe Hairstyles less (especially the long ones); but just a couple of them shouldn't harm...

Field Researcher
#41 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 6:20 PM
Thanks for all this Numenor! I downloaded everything and have tried everything but the careers, so far.

Just wondering - what about the cool wallpapers and carpeting in the Life Stories game? Are those simple enough to do ourselves somehow, or will you all be putting those up soon at MTS2 as well?

The base wallpapers and carpet in this new version of the game are so much less boring that the base ones in the original Sims2.
Field Researcher
#42 Old 21st Feb 2007 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by saramkirk
I use censor.package and it works perfectly, but I have no idea who made it. I'm 99% sure it's from modthesims2.com or its sexy sister site.

Actually, that censor.package can be created by following instructions on the SimPE Website on the No Blur page. They describe how you can actually click off the "Blur Nudity" button within SimPE and it will automatically add that censor.package to your downloads folder when you do that. It will automatically determine which version is needed for your game and install it in the correct spot. It is done through the "SimPe/Extras/Preferences/SimPE Settings" box that comes up when you go through selecting each of the before-named paths. Just go to SimPE's site and click on downloads, then do a search on no blur and you will find links to the correct page with this information.

Thanks Quaxi! You rule!

UPDATE: Okay, here is the link:
http://ambertation.de/simpeforum/si...ur-from-my-sims

I'm not sure if it will work, because you need to go into the SimPE website and read the agreement from the downloads page when following the way to this page.
Test Subject
#43 Old 23rd Feb 2007 at 11:39 PM
Yesterday I tried putting some CC from TS2 (I know a longshot) just to try it out for fun...on the page after EA and befor the menu screen when it loads it goes halfway and then all of a sudden the game shuts and I have to restart my computer. Now I know I know you are probably thinking why would I do that right? Well I just wanted to try because I cannot live without CC!!
#44 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 2:01 PM
Some CC from TS2 can crash your game. For example some lots will crash your game. Lots for TSLS are compatible with Lots from TS2 that were created only in the following Expansion Packs; Uni, NL, and OFB.

I've managed to create lots that can be used in TSLS. They can be found on my website.
What you have to do is to download them and then copy the files straight into
My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims Life Stories/Lot Catalog
Make sure you don't overwrite something already in that folder. Cause of the strict filenames used by the game. You can't deviate from the filename structure, I.E. you can't use 123.package. The game will not recognize that file. It has to be in the following format cx_00000001.package. Then all you have to do is change the 001 to whatever number you need that won't overwrite files already in that folder.
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#45 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:37 PM
Okay where did the stuff go? I followed the links but it says you dont have permission to access this page, which I guess means they are no longer there?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#46 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 7:56 PM
NM found out they had to be removed
Test Subject
#47 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 8:05 PM
Default New Neiborhoods
Do any of you fine folks know how to Mod a new Neiborhood for "Free Play"? There are scripts for "createNeighborhood" and "deleteneighborhood". I have created a .sc4 file but do not have the expertese to put it into play. Anybody?

JaeTee
#48 Old 27th Feb 2007 at 8:31 PM
I wasn't going to buy LS, but I got it for a gift. So I tried some CC from TS2, mostly some hair and clothing. I found that some Maxis recolors (i.e. fanseelamb's clothing) don't show up @ all (the thumbnails are blank & they show on the Sim as a blue sweater for tops & tan pants for bottoms). Would we need to have the TS2 Maxis meshes made for Uni & above for some of it to work? Items that have a user-made custom Mesh show up fine, however. Anyhow, LS is just an afterthought for me, since my machine runs TS2 fine.

Update: Has anyone tried the camera hacks in LS? Do they work? Also found that the S2PCI will work; just have to point it to LS's downloads folder.
#49 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 1:23 AM
I have a camera hack in my LS. And it works fine for me. Can't remember which I got, assuming there is more then one creator.
Test Subject
#50 Old 13th May 2007 at 7:07 AM
I'm having no problems with custom content slowing the game down too badly.
I have quite a lot of body content (486 files) with no problems, however objects are pushing it for me (Using a laptop).
The main problem I'm having with the very few objects (just the Grand Trianon loft bed set) I have is that CEP doesn't appear to be working. I'm not sure how to fix that, I've used the windows autoinstaller, and manually installed the files as well.
I guess I'll just have to live without my bunk beds!
I'm thinking it's because my game isn't installed on the C drive, and in my documents the top of the directory is "Electronic Arts" instead of "EA Games" like the normal sims.

The only other thing I've found that doesn't work is Inteen.
Insim works great, but Inteen just doesn't want to play nice.
The biolocial clock works ok, but otherwise it just interferes with the personal menu.
Page 2 of 3