Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
#26 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 5:10 AM
Thanks for making me a judge, PuX!
Romy, I love the inside of that house, especially the bedroom. I love the bright and fun feel of the outside and inside, excellent. Love the ceiling, too!
CiaoAlora, I love the outside and inside. It's so modern and I love the brick, excellent job!
Clw8, I love the outside especially the siding/brick! The inside looks lovely too.
Advertisement
#27 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 7:39 AM
how much of a description are you expecting per round? I'd really like to join this contest but I hate writing descriptions.
Scholar
#28 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 9:36 AM
I have a question, when it comes to the rounds, if you pick what house we have to redo, are any of them in Pleasantville? I sort of deleted every Maxis house that didn't have a family in it long ago -- in that neighborhood.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 4:08 PM
Yay! I'ma judge! WOOO!
Everybody applications look great!
Can't wait too see everybodies make-overs!

Previously known as 'simcharley1990'
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#30 Old 12th Feb 2009 at 11:09 PM
Inky, Enough writing to do a quick overview of what the pictured room looks like if you were trying to tell a blind man :P
2-3 sentences.

Deathrella, You can use the site that katt linked or you can the optional home given on the day I post the rounds.

Charley, Thanks for the excitement :D

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#31 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 3:17 AM
Ok. That's what I planned on. I have a habit of deleting everything not in use to save on my pc's guts when I play.
As soon as I get done with my round 3 entry for daddy n me, I'll polish up one of my little cottages, oust the tenants, and post it.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Top Secret Researcher
#32 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 10:38 AM
We need 5 more apps right?
Comeeeee onnn guys! ENTER. ENTER.

#33 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 12:39 PM
ok my arm's been twisted, i'll enter as soon as i've finished my final round entry for The Architect :-)
Stupid people are stupid
#34 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 5:13 PM
Default Application angel f
Application home:

34 Lakeview Lane
5 bed, 5 bath
lotsize: 3x3
price: §128.839

34 Lakeview Lane

Livingroom

Kitchen

Teenage Attic Room, kind of like a bedsit

Nursery

Ground Floor
First Floor
Second Floor
#35 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 6:26 PM
Default APPLICATION - I.nfectious

Name: BobAsh House
Size: 2x2
Cost Furnished: §152,279
Cost Unfurnished: §59,258
It is available for download HERE @ SUPERNOVA

Front View

Rear Views

Ground Floor

First Floor

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:47 PM
Default Round I
All we need is three more and we are good to go.

I will post Round One hoping we get all 10 apps.

Round I

Oh, So Tacky

For this round you are going to have a choice to pick from the mobile homes in Belladonna Cove or the homes like Brandi Brooke's.
Remodel the home any way you would like (don't add a second story or make the layout bigger).

Pictures:
1 linked picture showing the Maxis layout (with objects orignally placed).
4-6 freeshots of your remodeled version.

Remember:
-Bathrooms and hallways are not rooms (at least not for this contest).
-Do NOT add a second story or make the layout bigger
-Only use Maxis and/or Maxis match objects to furnish the home. Using Non-maxis like objects will deduct you -1 point per each object.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Top Secret Researcher
#37 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:51 PM
Pux, when you say maxis-match 'like'. Who will be deciding if it's maxis-match like, the jugdes or do we have to run it by you?
And do you/any other judges have all eps/sps to see if a certian object is from a sp/ep someone doesn't have. (I have all eps and all sp apart frm GL & CELE)
Great round & Goodluck to everbody, lets hope we get more apps!

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:57 PM
If the judges think that some objects are not Maxis-match then they minus a point.
If the judges are unsure, ask me and I will try and respond ASAP.

EPs: Uni, NL, OFB, Seasons, BV and FT
SPs: Teen. and H&M

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#39 Old 13th Feb 2009 at 11:58 PM
Am I understanding this round correct.
Ok, I have to choose a Brandi Broke house, as, I don't have the ep for the other thing.
All we do is remodel the inside, yeah? Theres no certain number of rooms or price we need to abide by?

Anywho, thanks for posting the first round. I was getting anxious!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Field Researcher
#40 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:01 AM
Ok so I am assuming here that I am NOT allowed to use one of my pevious makeovers (because I have done both the broke house and those trailers, and uploaded them to my LJ). Also if we are to makeover those trailers in D. Valley do they all have to remain apartments as Maxis intended or can you change their function? (heck can you create a compleatly different lot type? *ponders*)

Come on people you know you want to apply!! :D

Grab more of my houses and sims @ LL30 & LJ
Random sim pics - Bits & BobsLivingSims
Field Researcher
#41 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:54 AM
I.nfectious: I love it, it's pretty. I love how it looks so complex (lacking better word) but it's nice and simple on the inside.
angelf: It's very pretty on the outside, love it with the snow! The inside is fantastic too, so cute! I especially like the teen attic room.
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:59 AM
beatdoc16
and
angel f,
your homes are simply amazing!
are they available for download anywhere?

i downloaded everyone elses teehee.
this contest is lovely. =] i love it.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 12:59 AM
I would attempt to join if:
1: I could actually build or
2: My game would do as I tell it too.

Aside from that, these entries absolutely amazing! And great contest PUX. :D
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:15 AM
Ok, I am in the process of uploading some pics for my application home and it just dawned on me to ask - it is ok to use CC in our application home? I used both maxis and cc in making it.
Field Researcher
#45 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:25 AM
Aww thanks puppyluver0811! I'll be popping that home up on my LJ either tonight or tomorrow whenever I can find the time.

seriouscookie - Pretty sure that you can use CC for your application home. It's only the rounds that you have to follow the rules given :D

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#46 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:30 AM
Yay more contestents!

seriouscookie, In the App. house only, is CC okay.
beatdoc, You already did the homes simular to Brandi's? What have you not done? :P
If you have a non-remodeled Brooke-like house then use that, if not, can you download?

clw8, You don't have to remodel Brandi Brooke's home (with the one-tile swimming pool) you can remodel the homes like her's (the homes around it).

Edit: Clw8,
No, the size of the lot does not matter, the price of the house does not matter, the smell, feel, and voice of the house does not matter.
All I'm looking for is, your use of Maxis.

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Lab Assistant
#47 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:39 AM
Thanks!

11 Genome Way.

3x3, 57,891 S
1 BR, 2 + 2(half) ba

Street view:

Entry:

Dining:

Courtyard:

Rear view:
Field Researcher
#48 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:43 AM
PuX it's ok, realised those mobile homes were also in the apartments bin so I can do them again, or I might redownload brandi's depending on what I decide to do
Btw does the life stories etc stuff count as 'maxis match' or not?

Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#49 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:48 AM
Beatdoc, Yes, LS items also are Maxis.
I also forgot about your other question.
You don't have to keep homes as residental if you find them better as cabins in an exotic destination.

Thank you seriouscookie for joining.
Now just two more people.

...Time to take out our little bows and arrows and shoot them at little lurkers :trix:

My back is turned on you
Almost lovers always do

Scholar
#50 Old 14th Feb 2009 at 1:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PuX- 80's
Yay more contestents!

seriouscookie, In the App. house only, is CC okay.
beatdoc, You already did the homes simular to Brandi's? What have you not done? :P
If you have a non-remodeled Brooke-like house then use that, if not, can you download?

clw8, You don't have to remodel Brandi Brooke's home (with the one-tile swimming pool) you can remodel the homes like her's (the homes around it).

Edit: Clw8,
No, the size of the lot does not matter, the price of the house does not matter, the smell, feel, and voice of the house does not matter.
All I'm looking for is, your use of Maxis.

ok. sorry, i'm just so use to the rules of the Arquitect contest, that, I have to wing my self off!

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Page 2 of 13