Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Jun 2009 at 8:39 AM
Welcome to the contest Meeka and bb4daddy123, thank you so much for joining =)
Advertisement
Scholar
#27 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:18 AM
So... Are we allowed to use Photoshop to add text onto our photos? I would like to add the month onto each pic & maybe their name.

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#28 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 3:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by clw8
So... Are we allowed to use Photoshop to add text onto our photos? I would like to add the month onto each pic & maybe their name.

Yes you can do that.
Quote: Originally posted by happyasabunny
Maybe we should limit it to 2 judges and 2 ej and the rest should be contestants...that might work better. Judges seem to be the first thing filled.

According to the Contest Forum Rules we are required to have 3 judges, otherwise I would definitely go with this idea.

-----

Round II should be posted by the end of today.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#29 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 4:30 AM Last edited by ktbcca : 18th Jun 2009 at 9:13 AM.
Default Round Two Guidelines
Due June 22 @ 10pm PST (GMT-8)

April:
Samantha Riley (female) is April's Star Student for her outstanding work done for the community. She led a group of her fellow students in turning an empty, trash filled lot into a beautiful garden and playground for everyone to enjoy. Samantha continues to put effort into beautifying our surroundings.

May:
Dane Miller (male) is not only a straight A student but he is also the captain of Pleasantville High's undefeated chess team. Dane is a chess master and does an amazing job of motivating and training his fellow wood pushers. For his great accomplishments in the world of chess, he is named May's Star Student!

June:
Diego Romero's (male) family came to Pleasantville from a large Spanish speaking nation when he was only two years old. For the past fifteen years the Spanish speaking population of Pleasantville has risen greatly, and while the children of the immigrants often speak perfect English, many of their parents don't. Diego has organized a weekly English class for these parents that is completely free to attend. Diego is definitely a Star Student for contributing so much of his time to his community!

Group Shot:
For this picture you must use all your students from Round One and Two. The students should be posed in any environment of your choosing. You are free to let your creativity fly with this shot as long as all six students are in it!

Please provide a brief description of each of the four photos.
Theorist
#30 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:10 AM
I'll be an EJ
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#31 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alfie_boots
I'll be an EJ

Ooooh, thank you so much.
Scholar
#32 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 5:09 PM
Default clw8 - Round 1 (Jan-Mar)
Round 1
clw8
----
----

Meet Abby Sims. Abby was awarded the January spot in the calendar because of her love and devotion towards animals. Abby participated in a 'Pet Day' sponsered by her local pet shelter, and is seen her with her dog, Sophie. The shelter holds the event every other month, and this picture was taken from the January event.
----

Meet Cody Dahl. Cody has loved video games since the age of 3, when he would play his older brothers Nintendo. For the past few years, Cody has devoted his time towards creating interactive, learning video games for children. He is an inspiration to many and a hero for others. We proudly allowed Cody to represent the February spot.
----

Meet Becky Slater. Becky adores acting. She loves to have the leading role, but will take any spot available if she likes the plot. Becky is probably the best young actress in her district, and has been given the oportunity in the future to perform with some of the top actors of all time. With hopes of further polishing her skills, this is a picture of her onset at a play in March. Becky's star quality has granted her the spot of Miss March.
----
----
clw8

Sims, like life, is very unpredictable. One minute you're eating four day old pizza, and then the repo-man steals your only sofa and you're in tears. ...then the food poison kicks in.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 6:06 PM
Hey is it too late for me to add a R1?
I'll have it done tonight ^_^

:P
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#34 Old 16th Jun 2009 at 11:55 PM
clw8- Great round one!
Whatwedobest- Not too late at all, I'm accepting contestants until May 22nd.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 17th Jun 2009 at 12:33 AM Last edited by aba23 : 23rd Jun 2009 at 2:48 AM. Reason: Add Grouppicture
Default Round 2 - aba23
April

Samantha Riley is a special young lady. Her never ending drive to help people and make Pleasentview to a healthy city in wich people will sureley love to live, really stunned me. For the Photoshot of the April Spot I met her on a property which she and her friends turn into a new playground. The place does not look very welcoming yet but they started to pick up most of the trash, started with the attractions for the playground and in the back you can see the huge pile of sand which will later cover the playground nicely. All this organized by this amazing young lady, truly a Star Student-Samantha Riley

May
As I asked Dane for an appointment to shot his picture and he invited me to his "chess school' which is actually a room on Campus filled with chesstables, a kitchen and cozy sitting areas. It is clearly to see that Dane is proud of what he has accomplished. I asked him to stand in the middle the room so that we can show what he loves, and I am sure people will love him.

June
The June spot is reserved for an outstanding young boy, Diego. To show his Spanish origin I asked him to have a shot on the family property, between all the horses his father owns I thought it would be wonderful. To my suprise Diego showed up wearing a traditional outfit which I find suits him very well. He explained me that his father is training the horses for big shows, which are about Spain and spanish speaking cultures, the outfit he was wearing would be worn by someone participating in such a show. Now I understand why teaching has such a big meaning for Diego, he teached me a ton about teh difficulties spanish speaking people have, during our time together.

Group shot

The idea for the Group picture came from the students. They do wanted the picture to support the initiative "Sims in motion" going on in Colleges currently. The initiative motivates students to exercise more - and yes a star student also has to exercise.

Currently contestant in picturePERFECT; cycle three
Contest results so far:
3rd in Para Anoma and 3rd in Rising Star
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ktbcca
clw8- Great round one!
Whatwedobest- Not too late at all, I'm accepting contestants until May 22nd.

Did you mean June 22? If so, I'd really like to join.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#37 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xemptybrkneyesx
Did you mean June 22? If so, I'd really like to join.

DOH! Yes I meant June 22, sorry about that.
Lab Assistant
#38 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:43 AM
Haha okay I'm going to join, if that's all right. It could possibly be the worst entry you've ever seen but I love reading these contest so much I've decided to try one out =]
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#39 Old 18th Jun 2009 at 9:58 AM
I'm really happy you're going to join xemptybrkneyesx, I hope you have fun.
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:11 AM
I'm already having fun, even though getting the sims to do what I want gets irritating lol..

Is it all right if I send direct links to photobucket instead of posting pics? For some reason my computer is going nuts every time I try and put an html in there.
Lab Assistant
#41 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 9:53 AM
<center>
http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/...471818-Copy.jpg

Abby grew up surrounded by animals, so it was no surprise to her parents when told them of her plans to become a veterinarian. Abby's father raised horses, and her mother was a professional party guest. Abby spend countless nights out in the barn with the horses; seeing as to how she’d rather sleep in a hay mound than inside listening to her mother brag about different celebrities she had encountered the night before.
She much preferred the company of her pets over any friends she made at school. They didn’t judge her because her skin was too dark or her hair too red; they loved her because of her kindness and devotion to their well-being. Abby so loved animals that she decided she would give back and volunteer at the local animal shelter. It broke her heart the first day she entered, but just seeing all of the animals behind those hard iron bars renewed her confidence in deciding to become a vet. She needed to help them, and she knew that was the best way she could.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/...neyesx/Cody.jpg

Cody grew up in China and moved, with his family, to American five years ago, when he was twelve. He knew from a young age that he was gifted, but instead of dwelling on his genius, he chose to do something good with what God gave him. After moving to the U.S. his family was blessed with another child, Ling. This was the final piece of the puzzle for Cody, and caused him to start work on the software that has landed him in this calendar. You see, Ling was born blind, and Cody knew she deserved the very same education he, himself, had gotten. Even though Cody loved games and computers, his main motivation for completing his long-time project was his sister.

http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/...yesx/Beckie.jpg

Becky has always loved acting. Her father once told her a story of how she ran on-stage when she was two and started saying lines of her favorite bedtime story like they were lines from Romeo and Juliette. Since then she was hooked, and recently discovered she had a singing and dancing gift as well. Acting was her true passion, and her father devoted his life to making it possible for her dream to come true. They both lived in a small one bedroom trailer, but no one at school knew of this. She was very popular, and everyone in her school loved her. Her dad spend every last penny on singing coaches and acting lessons, and even slept on the couch so she could have a bedroom. Her mother had died when Abby was two months old of pneumonia, and her dad had been lost for a couple years after her tragic death. It was like now he was trying to make up for that time lost with giving his daughter everything she could ever want, or need. She didn’t tell him enough, but she really appreciated everything he did, and loved him for being there for her.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#42 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 8:40 PM
xemptybrkneyesx- That's fine. =) Thank you for joining, I love your Round I!
Scholar
#43 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:06 PM
Are we going to be able to continue in this contest? I know that you have 6 contestaants now... is that going to be enough? Hopefully more will join, but what if they don't.....also, this is a busy weekend, so, I'll have to try and put together my pics late one night.... I made the sims days ago, but haven't been on my sims to actually play for a few days

Lab Assistant
#44 Old 19th Jun 2009 at 10:08 PM
If I am not mistaken we only need four more contestants, right?
Could this contest survive if we are only six, or do we then have to stop?

Contest results so far:
Field Researcher
#45 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 12:35 AM
Default Round 1-happyasabunny
April- This is Samantha Riley. She is a very sweet young woman that has decided to spend her time turning a junkyard into a place where families and children can get together to have fun."This is suppose to be symbolizing before and after"

May- This is Dane Miller. He LOVES chess. Everyday he goes and helps people learn how to play chess. Only this time he got a little stumped.

June This is Diego Romero. He loves teaching adults that speak Spanish English. He is teaching Lola English but at this point she isn't getting it.

All This is the whole gang of Star Students so far. "I love their faces"

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#46 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 2:36 AM
The contest rules thread says this:

Quote:
Contests remaining in the Application stage for up to 2 weeks will be deleted. If you, the contest holder, cannot accumulate enough entries for a successful contest (10 entries) in a 2 week time, your contest thread will be deleted.

But I have seen contests continue with less than ten participants. If everyone who has joined would like to continue even without ten participants, I can send Beeps a pm and request that we be allowed to go on. I would love to continue the contest but I do need to know if you guys would still like to! Let me know.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 8:32 AM
I would - thats why I asked ;-)

Contest results so far:
Scholar
#48 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:29 AM
I'll try to find some time to make an entry for your contest over the next few days. Hopefully some other people will, too, so your contest can go on.

1st Place : Superb Sibling, Hearts Consume the Stars Contests
2nd place : Daddy N Me Cycle 2 Alien Edition, Sims Real Estate Contests
3rd Place : World Zombie Model Agency Contest
4th Placce : Aspiration N Me, Maxis Makeover Home Edition, My Girl, Stages of Life, SRE Cycle 2 Contests
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 10:52 AM
I would hate for my first contest to be canceled =[

I'd love for it to continue.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#50 Old 20th Jun 2009 at 11:09 AM
Thank you Deatherella!
And thanks aba23 and xemptybrkneyesx, I will ask for permission to continue.
Page 2 of 5