Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:45 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:38 PM.
The Extended Family Challenge!
The Sims 2 Mafia Challenge!

Alright, so this is my first Sims 2 Challenge, so please bear with me…

Getting Started/Gameplay

Start a completely empty neighborhood, and add a few houses in the mix that are affordable. If you have expansion packs, go ahead and add those neighborhoods to your game. They’ll come in handy for meeting new people!

Begin by creating a family that has at LEAST two children (it would be easier to make one of them a Teen, but it’s your choice). The eldest child is always the heir unless they die, in which case it’s moved down to the second youngest (that’s why each generation should contain AT LEAST TWO SIBLINGS) and then move the family into an empty 5x5 lot (The Heir House). edit: After that, you are allowed to use the kaching cheat until they have about 10,000 Simoleans to help create a house for the family, and then start building their beautiful abode!

From there, it is your job to build them a house that will contain the heirs that are soon to come (you’ve got room to expand here!) and make sure that they are comfortable.

When a child becomes a Teenager, roll a six-sided dice or use an Aspiration generator.
Aspiration:
1 = Fortune
2 = Knowledge
3 = Romance
4 = Family
5 = Popularity
6 = Pleasure ** If you don't have Nightlife installed, 6 is YOUR CHOICE

Goal

The overall goal of this challenge is to fill ten neighborhood lots with households that each branch from the same family while still keeping the household of the reigning heir intact. In other words, if I started out with the, let’s say, Mafia Family, their heir would stay in the house and the heir’s sibling (the Founder) would move out and buy a lot as soon as they were an adult (they must move out at the latest seven days after their Adult birthday, and are allowed to get married, pregnant, or have kids before moving out). Then, the heir would continue having kids, and between those kids, you’d choose an heir, and whichever child is the Founder would move out and start their own family.

*The children that are not heirs that you don’t move out (the Anti-Heir) have three options:
A) Move out into their own households but won’t count for any points (if you decide to move them out, name the lot or home that they move to Anti-Heir Gen. 1, 2, 3, etc. if possible.)
B) Stay in the house, taking up space and having kids which will count for bonus points
C) Move out with the Founders

So, ultimately, you’ll end up with a neighborhood full of relatives, with one sole ruling family, sort of like the Mafia.

*You might want to name each lot after the generation! For instance, your first Founder’s lot should be named something like Generation 1 and so on and so forth for easy access.
**The kids of the anti-Heir cannot start households that count for points!

Helpful Vocab

Heir: The person who carries on the family torch, of course by staying in the Heir House and having those kids!
Founder: The child that is not the Heir that moves out of the house, represents their Generation, and starts a new household!
Anti-Heir: The child(ren) that is neither the Heir nor the Founder
Heir House: The house where the reigning Heir lives, making kids and whatnot.
Generation Houses: The houses established by the Founders.

Rules:

-No cheats such as “boolprop”, “motherlode”, or anything else except kaching!
-The heirs and their spouses cannot move out of the Heir House, only the anti-Heirs or Founders can, and only the Founders are worth points for moving out.
-The ten households that you must make only count per generation. So only one Founder can establish a household from each generation. If Bobby is an heir and his brother brother, Joe, is a Founder, then the next Founder that actually counts for points has to be one of Bobby’s sons.
-Because of the rule mentioned above, say Bobby has four children. At least one of those kids has to move out of the house in order to get the point for that generation’s representing household.
-Custom Content is allowed, and is, in fact, encouraged!
-Sims can only marry townies! A good idea is to go Downtown (if you have Nightlife) to find a spouse, or to solicit a Community lot.
-To stress my earlier point, EACH GENERATION MUST HAVE AT LEAST TWO SIBLINGS. This is so that you can have an Heir and a backup Heir. So that means that the first Heir must have a minimum of two kids, and so on and so forth.

Scoring:

+1 point for every household in the neighborhood that has the same family name as that of the Heir House
+2 points for every Platinum grave
+1/2 a point for every Anti-Heir still living in the edit: Heir House
+1/2 a point for every child of each Anti-Heir
+3 points for every 10,000 per household by the end of the Challenge
+5 points for every 100,000 that the family as a whole has (add up the amount of money per household)
+2 for every household other than the Heir House whose Founder is not a regular Sim (i.e. alien, Plant Sim, vampire, etc.)
+2 for every Sim in the family genealogy that reaches the top of their Career ladder
+1 for every Sim living in the Heir House by the end of ten generations
+1 for every Sim with the same family name as the reigning Heir
-1 for every time “kaching” is used
-10 for every time “motherlode” is used
-10 for every time any other cheat is used
-1 for each child taken by the social worker
-1 for each time the Sim shrink visits the Heir House
-1 for each visit from the repo people
-1 for each time your house is burglarized and the burglar isn’t caught

AND WE’RE DONE!
HAPPY SIMMING!
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 3:46 AM
Oh, and constructive criticism would be very helpful!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 7th Aug 2010 at 8:30 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 7th Feb 2014 at 9:17 PM.
Default One big happy family Challenge
This challenge is another legacy variation. Before i begin, im warning you i will refer to the founder's kids as gen. A, gen A's kids as Gen. B, and so on. This is because my rules might get a bit confusing.

To start, make your founder. An adult, any gender/name/genetics. Andom aspiration. Move them onto a 5x5 lot and proceed with normal legacy proceedings.. get married, have kids, get a job, etc. etc. the actual challenge starts when the firstborn of gen. A becomes an adult. You cant pick an heir from gen. A until the first kid of gen. B is an adult, which means all of the kids from A must stay in the house, get married, reproduce, etc etc. its highly suggested (required) that you use ACR only, all the more fun, right?

so by this point you might have 3 or 4 kids from A, and 8 or so kids from b, plus spouses, the founder, and any pets, thats at least 16 people. So youre going to need lot full o' sims or something similar. When the first kid of gen. B becomes an adult, you can (finally) pick your A heir. the heir will stay in the house, ans so will ALL of their kids. any spares and spares kids are free to leave at this point. Right about now is when C should start, so all of your a heir's kids are to stay in the house until the first C becomes an adult... etc. for as many generations as you want.

i dont know if that made sense, so ask and ill clarify anything thats unclear.

handicaps- pick only ONE of these

ISBI- self explanitory. only control one family member.

Something's fishy (seasons)- you can have a fridge, but it must be empty. (you need it for bottles) build a pond. all of your sims food must be caught in that pond. an EXTRA handicap would be that if somebody catches a fish, only they can eat that fish, hence everybody has to find their own food or theyll starve. You can keep track of whos fish is whos by putting it in inventories once its prepared (kids can have fish they caught be prepared by an adult, but the adult cant eat any)

mine is here if the story helps with the confusion- circussims.livejournal.com

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 8th Aug 2010 at 12:59 AM
I might do this :D
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Aug 2010 at 3:40 PM
Yay! Post pics if you do!

www.thelongaliens.livejournal.com *updated 7-13-11* please leave a comment if you read it!