Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 10:50 PM
Default Rabbit Hole jobs, events, activities....underestimated usefulness
I feel like Rabbit Hole Jobs, events, and activities aren't appreciated. now I don't have all the packs, so there's likely more than I have available but I wish there were more base game options. It's nice to have these in game when you have big families. Being able to send one or two people "away" on a task while you deal with the rest of the family is nice sometimes. And since they are effortless things that require no animations, I wish it was just a thing we got more of. Also, I would love to send a toddler to day care "at will" while mom works on her cooking skills at home, for example (same hours the kids are at school). I don't want it to be automatic, but it could be a paid for alternative to hiring a nanny for the day.

It doesn't need to be a pack. While live careers are great, when managing big families sending someone off for the day "to work" and they just return after a few hours with money is great if you have a homemaker and you just want to play the home maker. I also don't want mom and dad having 'live careers' when I am interested in playing the teen at high school more than following them to work. So having the option to give them decent paying rabbit holes that require minimal attention from me would be great. Doesn't even need to be a pack. Or at least give some tuning to the jobs so maybe people will progress slower without players "playing" them, but they aren't frozen in time. I'd like dad to still be eligible for promotions even if I don't control him much and would rather follow the teen to high school.

And invisible events and activities are great. I don't always need to "go with" my sim, especially when I have a family of 8.