Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 7:00 PM
Which files to use for CAWster's WA Worlds (to save as a playable homeworld)
I must be a semi-"functional" idiot.

I cannot seem for the life of me to get CAWster's worlds to work in my CAW (I get to the loaded world) but then I can't export it to a sims3file so that I can "import" it into my game.

I'm not certain as to what I'm doing wrong or whether CAW is just trying to be a pain-in-the-veritable ***.

It refuses to export with or without a 256x256 image.

I don't think it's a Bug (classification of thread), nor is it a technical issue insofar as proper operation of the program. So I'm sticking it under other.

In other words, issue exists between left and right hand, chair and cranium. In otherwords and ID10T-error.

What's inside CAWster's download files is confusing me.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 26th Jul 2024 at 11:35 PM
So when does it go wrong? You place the files in the worlds folder of your CAW userfolder and manage to open them in CAW - did I get that right?

What happens if you use the "Select world to export" option in the menu? Do you get an error message?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 6:57 PM
Yeah, somehow I managed to power through that and decided to use the default 256x256 image because paint.net just wasn't doing it for me. Then I got the "World exported successfully" notification.

I would 1) open up the file and hunt for the .world file which I think was what I used to open up the world in CAW
2) Then I would go into layers and select the top-most layer and right-click to get the add image/description
3) then I would add in my supposedly 256x256 image...and hit save then I would end up getting the error. --> Image not a 24bit PNG then SAVE with "new name"
4) when I went to go and export world I would end up getting a No image in image/description error. Then I'd go around in circles trying to save my 256x256 image in smaller and smaller increments by removing pixels and getting the same error messages over and over again.

Like I said before, I figured it was an ID10T-error (error exists between keyboard and chair).

Then I stumbled across a thread in this forum saying to use the defaultimage that had been sized properly to 256x256 and 24bit and that's when I had the breakthrough and was able to save the world successfully.

And now I have three new WA worlds as "homeworlds". Haven't opened them up to see "if they work" yet. Haven't gotten that far in my Legacy. But I might try one when I'm not busy screen-capping.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Jul 2024 at 7:30 PM
Most image programs will let you crop and resize photos and there are a few that let you save as a png and 24 bit. Raw therapee? Paint.net? I cannot remember for sure as have not done in a while. Someone else will know.