Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 11:08 PM Last edited by KeiraLou : 26th Oct 2009 at 11:53 PM.
Default Lou's Life Stages Contest - APPLICATIONS

This contest is mainly about seeing a sim grow from Toddler to Elder, and telling us their main life story on the way. You will be using the same sim the whole way through this contest, so create your sim wisely (please read the 'Tips' section for more information).

• This is a Sims 3 Contest only.
  • Only female sims may be entered.
  • One entry per person.
  • No hair, makeup or backgrounds to be shopped.
  • Only editing to pictures that is allowed is to lighten, add text, sharpen or blur them.

You will need to use the 'Trigger Birthday' cheat to participate in this contest. To do this, hold down ‘ctrl’, 'shift' and 'c' while in live mode to bring the cheat box up. Then type testingcheatsenabled true. Now hold down 'shift' and click on your sim. The option should come up to trigger their birthday.

I strongly suggest that when creating a sim you start off by creating a young adult or adult to know what they will turn out to look like when older. This is purely down to the fact that if you create a toddler without seeing her grown up, she may not turn out how you would have liked her too!

1. Deatherella
2. KrisD
3. kopple36

Emergency Judges -

1. KeiraLou
2. missroxor

You will be scored on the following;

One Head Shot
One Body Shot
Two Free Shots of their current everyday lifestyle (E.g., are they spoilt? Cute? Do they enjoy drawing? Anything that shows what they get up to in this stage of life).

Story - Please give a few lines to explain about your sim at this stage of life,

Have you got a gorgeous little angel or a devilish brat? Looks more like mother but acts more like father?

Show and explain here in the Application Round!

I look forward to seeing all your simmies

Please, Call Me Lou :D
Advertisement
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Oct 2009 at 11:08 PM
Contest Approved
Begins 10.24.09
Ends 11.24.09
  • Do not post replies and/or contest applications before the contest host has checked in on this thread, or your post will be deleted.
  • DO NOT WRITE USELESS POSTS like "Hey cool contest, I think I might join." Reserve type posts and useless posts about coming back with an application will be deleted.

Formerly known as boolPropped
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 12:10 AM
Checking in hope people enter, I think this could be a great contest - don't be shy people!

Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 2:48 AM
I can't get my copy of the sims 3 to work but could I judge?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 2:06 AM
When are apps due? I'm not going to be able to get one in until Tuesday. This sounds really cute, good idea Lou!
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 3:14 AM
You have plenty of time easypeaze I look very forward to seeing your app

Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 3:18 AM
KrisD - I would be more the happy to have you as a judge, welcome aboard

Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 5:12 AM
Apps due in by Friday 30th

Scholar
#9 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 5:23 AM
WOW, Lou...a triple post. LOL

You might just tempt me. I really wish there were more animation hacks.

*contemplates*

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 5:26 AM
Lol I am not ashamed to say I've had a few party drinks tonight probably why I did that!

I'd be happy to have you Sisaly, you know how much I love seeing your sims

Anyway, to sleep until tomorrow!

Scholar
#11 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 5:28 AM
LMAO!
I know EXACTLY what you are talking about.
As soon as I saw it was for TS3, I knew I probably couldn't resist.

Count me in hun.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution." ~Albert Einstein
A conservative is a man with two perfectly good legs who, however, has never learned how to walk forward.~F.D.R.
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 5:33 AM
Thanks Sisaly, I shall look extremely forward to seeing your app!

Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#13 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 7:42 PM
Come on people You know you wanna give this contest a go lol.

Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 10:58 PM
Working on an app now :D
Inventor
#15 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 11:01 PM
wish i could, but I'm sims 2 only.
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Oct 2009 at 11:26 PM
Actually, do we have to use a created sim? I'd like to use a ghost-toddler.
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#17 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 12:12 AM
hyghtyme - You can use whatever sim you wish, in-game born, in-game pre made or created in CAS. You will need the sim you chose throughout the whole contest though .
jewaukeela - Sorry to hear that, know how annoying it is, I wanted to enter your contest but was only Sims 3 at the time.

Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#18 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 10:16 AM
I need another judge and at least two emergency judges, anyone interested?

Top Secret Researcher
#19 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 9:02 PM
Yeah, I'll be a judge. :D
The other one
#20 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 9:05 PM
This sounds like great fun and really original, I'd love to be part of it but unfortunately I won't be available over the weekend around 20 Nov. Since you know in advance would I still be able to be an emergency judge?

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#21 Old 26th Oct 2009 at 11:51 PM
Yay , thank you kopple36 I'll put your name down now..

Yeah that is fine missroxor , I appreciate the help, I shall put your name down as a EJ now thank you .

Just one or two EJ's now needed, and some Apps of course , still four days left to enter although I am beginning to panic now!

Test Subject
#22 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 12:55 AM
Default App - Emily Astroman
Emily Astroman - Toddler

Bodyshot

When she was very young, Emily Astroman thought it was normal to be transparent. After all, she was transparent, her twin sister Dana was transparent, and her father was transparent. Her older brother and her mom seemed to be the odd ones out.

Headshot

She was always an extraordinarily bright child, and not just because she had a tendency to glow in the dark.

Freeshot 1

She was also very curious, in more way than one.

Freeshot 2

Above all, Emily has always been daddy's girl.
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#23 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 1:05 AM
Wow hyghtyme I love your app, and I love the bit about her 'being bright but not because she had the tendency to glow in the dark' hehe, great start to the contest!

Instructor
#24 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 2:32 AM
I want to enter, but I won't be able to do anything until late tomorrow night. My hubby is getting a tooth pulled tomorrow morning so when I get home tonight I gotta get to bed as early as possible.
Sim Princess in Pink
Original Poster
#25 Old 27th Oct 2009 at 2:35 PM
Thats ok wndy26 , Apps aren't due in for another 72 hours .

Page 1 of 2