Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 8:37 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night
Default CC magic wont work
I need help, CC magic just wont work whit my spanish game, i tried the only two methods that i found in tumblr but didnt work... what happends is that the folder has to be called ''The sims 3'' but ofc if its a foreign game the name wont be that so CC magic program creates a new folder called The sims 3 so it never detects my game and yes or yes i have to change my game to english.. I can't find anything about how to fix this and its such a dissapointment because i see all the less lag whit CC magic, hope someone can help me before I start to cry on my computer. gnn pls help
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 2:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sinrbomb
I need help, CC magic just wont work whit my spanish game, i tried the only two methods that i found in tumblr but didnt work... what happends is that the folder has to be called ''The sims 3'' but ofc if its a foreign game the name wont be that so CC magic program creates a new folder called The sims 3 so it never detects my game and yes or yes i have to change my game to english.. I can't find anything about how to fix this and its such a dissapointment because i see all the less lag whit CC magic, hope someone can help me before I start to cry on my computer. gnn pls help

You can try this, if it is a language problem. I am not sure where to find it in your computer, but there should be a way to set extra languages for the keyboard. Set extra language to Spanish or English (whichever you need), and switch to that language to type in the name.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
You can try this, if it is a language problem. I am not sure where to find it in your computer, but there should be a way to set extra languages for the keyboard. Set extra language to Spanish or English (whichever you need), and switch to that language to type in the name.

The problem is that i can’t rename the folder to “the sims 3” if i do my game will reset and will be in english
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sinrbomb
that the folder has to be called ''The sims 3''

I wonder, I play my game in German and CC Magic works just fine. And I have seen in my prog that is has es language.
Did you created everything right in CC Magic?
Means under configuration Tab you need to move your stuff - CC folders to the left ENABLE SETS side otherwise it won't show up

I just tested it, I used language switcher to create a Spanish game folder to play it in ES.
I moved my own CC Folder out to let it re-create and put in the Content package folder some few items.
Its also under your Documents C:/Users/yourname/Documents/Electronic Arts/CC Magic
- I restarted CC Magic and moved the Default under configuration tab to left Enable Sets

- then hit Rebuild Button
- then close CC Magic

I looked into C:\Users\yourname\Documents\Electronic Arts/Los Sims 3/Mods/Cache/Sets/Default
and opened the ModBUILD0.package with S3PE - and everything of the the few CC items were there.

Also in the Ressource.config in the mods root there was Scan "C:/Users/name/Documents/Electronic Arts/Los Sims 3/Mods/Cache/Config/" added

I started the game via launcher bypass TS3W.exe and went with a sim in CAS -> All items from CC Magic were there

So how did you install it befor? via the other executable zip? If so, uninstall this first.
Use the first its a portable CC Magic Install. You can Unzip somewhere else, and in this is the exe which starts it (make a shortcut to desktop to reach it fast).
I recommend 7zip and unpack to folder (not right here, otherwise all single files are directly unpacked).

https://modthesims.info/d/461888/cc...pernatural.html

There is a good tutorial on the TFM page (you need to register), unfortunately the guides links all don't work anymore:
https://simsasylum.com/tfm/index.ph...n/&_fromLogin=1

Make a pdf of Nellas tutorial page with your browser via Print - choose "As PDF", so you will have it locally offline

Hope this helps.

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 15th Sep 2023 at 8:33 PM
On the MTS CC Magic mods page under comments @NonaMena posted all Guides you need
https://modthesims.info/download.ph...276#post4360276

Regards/Gruß Claudy
You can also meet me at nraas https://www.nraas.net/community/active-topics
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Jun 2024 at 7:26 AM
I encountered the same issue than @sinrbomb.

To give you all more context, I have the Steam version installed, and my SteamLibrary directory is in other disk than the C unit.
Turns out CCMagic wasn't recognizing my game, I could discover this because I saw @NonaMena's guide and, at the bottom of her captures, you can see the EP and SP icons she has installed, I had zero, even though I own them all.

Heads-up: I use Windows 10 64 bits.

The way I could address this problem was by editing the Windows Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and locating this key:
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    • SOFTWARE
      • WOW6432Node
        • Sims(Steam)

Each "folder" inside the Sims(Steam) key contains the installed packs.

OVERVIEW
What you need to do is:
  • Standardize the "folders" names
  • Export the complete Sims(Steam) key and subkeys
  • Rename from Sims(Steam) to Sims in a text editor (like notepad)
  • Reimport into the Registry Editor
  • Rectify the language

DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS
Standardizing Names
The first time you reach the Sims(Steam) key, you'll see that some packs are named in lowercase; CCMagic won't recognize them like that, you need to make sure each pack is called like the majority, that means, instead of the sims 3 university life, it needs to be called The Sims 3 University Life.
To achieve this, you must:
  • Click the problematic "folder"
  • Locate the entry called displayname at the right panel
  • Double click it
  • Copy the name from the window that just opened
  • Right click the problematic "folder" and press Rename, or press F2 key
  • Paste the copied name and add an extra character
  • Press Enter key
  • Press F2 key again
  • Remove the extra character
  • Press Enter key again

Do this for every weird looking "folder".

Exporting the Keys
Now you need to export every registry inside Sims(Steam) key, to do so:
  • Click the Sims(Steam) key
  • Right click Export
  • Save the file in a safe place

Editing the Registry
We're almost done, now you need to open that file you recently exported in a text editor, it can be notepad. When it's opened, do this:
  • Click Edit > Replace, or press Control + H
  • Paste WARE\Sims(Steam) into the Find what box
  • Paste WARE\Sims into the Replace with box
  • Click the Replace All button
  • Save

Reimporting
Now, you need to open the file you just saved into the Registry Editor, it'll create a new key called Sims, right above Sims(Steam), and it'll be identic to that key.

If you open CCMagic, every pack will be available as an icon at the bottom of the program, but we're not done yet, because the The Sims 3 folder is still being created, instead of the one we use in our language.

Fixing the Language
  • Click the Sims key you just imported
  • Click The Sims 3 "folder"
  • Locate the entry called locale at the right panel
  • Double click it
  • In case it is called like es-es, or fr-fr, or whatever, you need to make sure it matches this format: xx-XX, so, that'd be es-ES or fr-FR
  • Press Enter key

Now it's time to delete the The Sims 3 folder from Documents, and open CCMagic.
If everything went well, you'll notice that the folder won't appear, and CCMagic will use your correct one, so, it's time to rebuild.

By opening the Documents\Electronic Arts\(Los/Les/Die) Sims 3\Mods, you'll note that the Cache folder was created, and it contains your merged content.
If you open the Resource.cfg file in the Mods folder, you'll encounter that the first line has a link with the correct route to Los Sims 3, Les Sims 3, or Die Sims 3, whatever language you have installed.

If this helped, cheer with me