Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 3:17 AM

This user has the following games installed:

University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Recolor package doesnt change the color

I have made bunch of recolour seemed like this lamp refuse to change the color

here how I was recoloring them
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

you guys have any ideas on how to fix this?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 4:49 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jul 2024 at 5:10 AM.
Don't do "update all sizes" if you build with DXT. It can mess with the texture. It's meant to be used if you use the regular "import" option, since this one only changes the current mipmap. "Build DXT" and "Import DDS" in the right-click menu changes all of the mipmaps automatically (DDS option needs to be set up and saved properly before importing).

Can't find any obvious issues in the file (here, in case someone else wants to check).

Could just be the "update sizes" issue. I'd think this is likely, since the items are showing with the correct texture in the thumbnails (and possibly if you get close enough to them, or change settings ingame if you don't have the texture quality on high).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Don't do "update all sizes" if you build with DXT. It can mess with the texture. It's meant to be used if you use the regular "import" option, since this one only changes the current mipmap. "Build DXT" and "Import DDS" in the right-click menu changes all of the mipmaps automatically (DDS option needs to be set up and saved properly before importing).

Can't find any obvious issues in the file (here, in case someone else wants to check).

Could just be the "update sizes" issue. I'd think this is likely since the items are showing with the correct texture in the thumbnails (and possibly if you get close enough to them, or change settings in-game if you don't have the texture quality on high).

Hmm, Okay, I will try it again and see if this works, I think only this mesh can't function as lamps or lightning, I already set the light names but it still doesn't show the lightnings. I am on my wits end here I already consult possible tutorial to fix it but none of them works (lightning names, bhav tutorial and SIMPE), it has 2 subsets recolor but when you want to extract the subset,only 1 appear, my best guess is the subset is hidden or missing so I have no clue how to find it. haha, maybe someone wants to fix this mesh? or maybe just replace this mesh function with cloned floor lights functions?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jul 2024 at 3:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Jul 2024 at 3:19 PM.
The non-recolorable multi-subset(s) appear to be for the light (which is just a mesh square with a white TXTR texture, and probably some self-illumination in the lit state). It appears to have lamp functions, but it's possible it's cloned from one of the lights that have some lighting issues ingame. I think at least one of the default floor lights are a bit iffy.

The file had a "tsMaterialsMeshName" resource in the GMND which had been stripped out, so it's entirely possible the cloning options used had something to do with that.