Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#6751 Old 15th Feb 2024 at 5:06 AM
Why would a visitor (princess Angela Pleasant) take John Burb's toddler and try to bathe her when the toddler's hygiene is high and the bathtub is in use? Seems out of character for her. Then the visitor usually becomes frozen in the bathroom holding the toddler, blocks the toilet, and doesn't take care of her motives. She is responsive, but doesn't want to move as long as she is holding the baby (it seems to count as doing something). I'd like if they interacted more to build relationships that the baby is not capable of refusing, and helped with caring for the babies so that we can make time to tend to the orchard. At the minimum she needs to Wash Hands and Shoo. We have wants to see Angela Pleasant every day because she entered college and had a family reunion party (she also wants to see the parents).
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#6752 Old 15th Feb 2024 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Sims sitting at the computer desk to read.

I've done that. Trying to multitask too much. XD
Field Researcher
#6754 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 10:00 AM
The gardener does not come over often enough at all. Also, seems strange that firing functionality isn't available over the phone.
Inventor
#6755 Old 16th Feb 2024 at 6:35 PM
It will be in a new mod, soon.
Mad Poster
#6756 Old 17th Feb 2024 at 6:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neverwinter_Knight77
The gardener does not come over often enough at all. Also, seems strange that firing functionality isn't available over the phone.

There's a mod here (dailygardener). http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/seasons/hacks/
Inventor
#6757 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 12:35 AM
What's with all OFB interactions being so unresponsive. Once they've decided to do something, they stubbornly continue. You tell them to man a cash register, and they doze off while the angry line waits. If the big boss wants to tell something to his employee, he has to wait until the task is done. They could have Waited for Notify and done a check for the current task about every half a second. If the Tidy Up is idle, he waits for notify every 1 tick while frozen stiff. But if he wants to clean, probably not even the grim reaper will stop him.
Mad Poster
#6758 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 10:50 PM
"you stood me up for our date!" before the taxi even comes. I forgot to install the fix for it.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#6759 Old 4th Mar 2024 at 12:10 AM
The sound of the carpool horn, especially the entry level junker. Ugh, give it a rest. I hear you!
Field Researcher
#6760 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 3:55 AM
I hate moving into an old premade house that's not Seasons-ready. At that point I have two options: brute force reconstruct the entire roof or use the buy mode "air conditioner" I downloaded from Simlogical. Even the attic of Goth Manor is prone to this problem.
Mad Poster
#6761 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 10:26 PM
Cyd Roseland's three dogs simultaneously trying to use the same food dish even though there's two others set out.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#6762 Old 5th Mar 2024 at 11:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jonasn
What's with all OFB interactions being so unresponsive. Once they've decided to do something, they stubbornly continue. You tell them to man a cash register, and they doze off while the angry line waits. If the big boss wants to tell something to his employee, he has to wait until the task is done. They could have Waited for Notify and done a check for the current task about every half a second. If the Tidy Up is idle, he waits for notify every 1 tick while frozen stiff. But if he wants to clean, probably not even the grim reaper will stop him.

I guess I played OFB so much as a kid that now I anticipate all those glitches before they happen. It really is possible to run any business in the game once you know all the glitches that can occur. For me now it's something subconscious xD
Inventor
#6763 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 2:17 AM
It's not that Business is unplayable because of this. But sometimes time is tight when the customers are about to throw their bags down, and the owner has to multitask running between the register, sales and restock. Employees cost a large amount of money, and they can't be walking idly for no reason. They are at maximum priority. When there is nothing to do, they walk between sellable objects for no reason, except to show some life.
Forum Resident
#6764 Old 6th Mar 2024 at 2:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
Cyd Roseland's three dogs simultaneously trying to use the same food dish even though there's two others set out.

For some reason this made me think of this post:

Instructor
#6765 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 6:11 AM
Family sims rolling a fear of being caught cheating. Even when they aren't actually cheating.
Mad Poster
#6766 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 6:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Amalia81
Family sims rolling a fear of being caught cheating. Even when they aren't actually cheating.

Naughty thoughts? XD
Mad Poster
#6767 Old 9th Mar 2024 at 1:20 PM
Clearly they have urges they are fighting down, and they are afraid they'll lose the fight! :P

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Field Researcher
#6768 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 5:49 AM
Having cc cause errors. I just found out that a default I had caused the game to crash every time I tried to send a sim to college. I did the 50-50 method and found it. And yes, it was the last one I checked.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Instructor
#6769 Old 10th Mar 2024 at 1:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LyokoGirl5000
Having cc cause errors. I just found out that a default I had caused the game to crash every time I tried to send a sim to college. I did the 50-50 method and found it. And yes, it was the last one I checked.

Out of curiosity, what was it? Name and shame, I say!
Forum Resident
#6770 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 6:32 PM
Children and toddlers can't play with blocks if a drawing is on the table and cleaning the drawing off the table reduces their fun
Top Secret Researcher
#6771 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 8:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
Children and toddlers can't play with blocks if a drawing is on the table and cleaning the drawing off the table reduces their fun

Just stick it up on the wall then! That's how I know the art on my table is ready to be pinned up.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#6772 Old 11th Mar 2024 at 9:11 PM
Really, is it just my game that is glitched? When my adults clean the drawings from the table it half-fills their fun bar. I always assumed it was a glitch, but I never found a fix for it. TBH if I have a household with multiple toddlers, then the parents are generally too exhausted to have fun, so I must admit I do use it sometimes as a handy exploit.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#6773 Old 12th Mar 2024 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Just stick it up on the wall then! That's how I know the art on my table is ready to be pinned up.

It's not just completed drawings. If someone does one scribble and I cancel the action, they can't play with the blocks on that slot until the sims clean off the table or I manually delete it, even though the paper looks blank.
Mad Poster
#6774 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 8:38 AM
Sims autonomously taking dishes to the dishwasher after finishing their meal is low-priority. If you tell them to do something else, they'll dump the plate on the floor even if they're one step away.

Inventor
#6775 Old 14th Mar 2024 at 9:00 AM
I think that must be a separate autonomous action like any other. They only go to cleaning as part of the same eating action if they ate without a table and are holding the bowl. Then they decide to drop it either on a flat surface or into a washer. The priority is not reduced here (or some mod reduces it like they "fix" bed making).
Page 271 of 275