Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 5:54 PM
Default WCIF Houses from a website that not longer exists
Hello

I remember there was a Danish website, the named sims2foryou (maybe sims4you) like that where there was a forum where you could debate, post pictures etc. You could download houses on the site, there I had 2 favorite houses that and I remember I have them in my game back then. Unfortunately can I not found the houses, because the website site is not longer exist. One house was white with a black roof, and the other was with red brick.

Does anyone remember the page and possibly have the houses in their Sims 2 game or know where they can be found? 🙂
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 6:10 PM
Have you tried the wayback machine? It might have archived it.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
Have you tried the wayback machine? It might have archived it.

No, where can i find it?
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 6:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AmazingSimsLover94
No, where can i find it?

https://archive.org/web/
Type the link of the now defunct site into the text field and it will show a calendar. Just click on a timeline where you remember seeing this site working and it will take a few moments to load it once again.
If the lots are not in the site, try different timelines; perhaps the creator posted them later on.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 6:43 PM
https://archive.org/web/
Type the link of the now defunct site into the text field and it will show a calendar. Just click on a timeline where you remember seeing this site working and it will take a few moments to load it once again.
If the lots are not in the site, try different timelines; perhaps the creator posted them later on.

I found it. But I can only dowload one house, but both houses are on the page.
Instructor
#6 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 6:44 PM
I found it. But I can only dowload one house, but both houses are on the page.

Does the download link not work? What exactly happens?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 6:50 PM
Does the download link not work? What exactly happens?

The zip file is it not in the URL database
Screenshots
Instructor
#8 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 7:03 PM
The zip file is it not in the URL database

So one house is on there, but not the other one? I'm just clearing things up because you said the link didn't work, not that it didn't exist.
Perhaps someone has archived it somewhere else? Do you know the creator or is it just the site that's mentioned?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 7:19 PM
So one house is on there, but not the other one? I'm just clearing things up because you said the link didn't work, not that it didn't exist.
Perhaps someone has archived it somewhere else? Do you know the creator or is it just the site that's mentioned?

The creator named Frillen
Instructor
#10 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 7:26 PM
The creator named Frillen

Wait, you told me both houses are on the list but you can only download one. Is an error popping up everytime you try to download the second one? I searched for Frillen's lots but I couldn't find anything, or found and just didn't have a picture of it to compare it to.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 7:41 PM
Wait, you told me both houses are on the list but you can only download one. Is an error popping up everytime you try to download the second one? I searched for Frillen's lots but I couldn't find anything, or found and just didn't have a picture of it to compare it to.

No, there is a number at the end of the name, but the file is not in the URL list of zip files. As I showed.

The house I can't download has the number 74 at the end of the name..

I upload screenshots of the house and my download history.
Screenshots
Instructor
#12 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 7:56 PM
Okay. This is one of the few times that the download link hasn't been archived, so in this case we will need to find an archive of Frillen's lots.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 20th Mar 2024 at 8:13 PM
Okay. This is one of the few times that the download link hasn't been archived, so in this case we will need to find an archive of Frillen's lots.

Yes, if it exists..
Instructor
#14 Old 21st Mar 2024 at 12:34 PM
Yes, if it exists..

I searched if somewhere, someone has a couple of Frillen's lots but they arent nor on MTS nor on somewhere else. Could you try the wayback machine again on the site and find if theyre archived there with a different download link?

Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 4:34 PM
I searched if somewhere, someone has a couple of Frillen's lots but they arent nor on MTS nor on somewhere else. Could you try the wayback machine again on the site and find if theyre archived there with a different download link?

I tried, but there was nothing..
Instructor
#16 Old 23rd Mar 2024 at 5:18 PM
I tried, but there was nothing..

Have you tried checking another timeline? At the wayback machine, click on another calendar date. I really doubt this will work but it's worth a try.