Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 7:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions
Default Where are the sims3.pack files kept?
OK...I just broke my game and had to uninstall everything...I tried to locate where the cc was in my downloads folder but the sims3.pack files weren't there. I only install sims3.pack files b/c for some reason I can't install any .package files due to some glitch with WINRAR. The only .package files I can usually get are the sims ones...for some reason I can get them into the Saved Sims problem with no error...but can't get anything to go into the mods folder ever. Anyway, I am going to have to reinstall everything which will take waaay too much time...can someone please tell me where the sims3.pack files are stored so I can move them next time the game breaks (I'm sure it will)? Thanks in advance. By the way my computer has Windows 7, 64 bit and I play with WA and HELS.
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Mar 2010 at 10:42 PM
The sims3packs themselves are wherever you put them. The dbc files that the game turns them into are stored in My Docs/The Sims 3/DCCache.

And you can get round that WinRAR error by extracting the files to a folder on your desktop, then copying them into Mods/Packages.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
#3 Old 3rd Jun 2024 at 8:21 AM
Default Answer
Quote: Originally posted by rcpontillo2
OK...I just broke my game and had to uninstall everything...I tried to locate where the cc was in my downloads folder but the sims3.pack files weren't there. I only install sims3.pack files b/c for some reason I can't install any .package files due to some glitch with WINRAR. The only .package files I can usually get are the sims ones...for some reason I can get them into the Saved Sims problem with no error...but can't get anything to go into the mods folder ever. Anyway, I am going to have to reinstall everything which will take waaay too much time...can someone please tell me where the sims3.pack files are stored so I can move them next time the game breaks (I'm sure it will)? Thanks in advance. By the way my computer has Windows 7, 64 bit and I play with WA and HELS.

C> Programme Files > EA Games> The Sims 3 > Game> The Sims 3 > Downloads.