Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2024 at 10:57 PM
Default How many of you will try out TS5?
While I personally won't be moving from, let alone, purchase TS5, I can't help but wonder if there are still people who do. So here I'm asking it...

Are there any simmers that genuinely have high hopes, optimist and love for TS5/Project Renee (authentically asking, because we are all different and may see things I don't see)? And will you be playing it alongside TS4, or moving entirely from TS4 to it completely (like we used to do with TS1-TS2/TS2-TS3/TS3-TS4)? Share your thoughts and plans

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 12:04 AM
It would have to look pretty damn amazing and to be made first and foremost to be played alone and in offline for me to consider hopping onto it. So far it doesn't look like it'll be either of those things so I'll be sticking with Sims 2 and 4. I've actually been having some fun with the latter lately, not because the game is good and deep but because I've been good at coming up with my own challenges in it :'D
Theorist
#3 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 1:07 AM
Nah. I'm going to continue to hang with the puddings for as long as I have a interest in keeping them around. No EA App, no microtrasactions of any kind, blah, blah, blah. If TS4 were TS3, I would have stopped buying with TS2.

EA/Maxis don't owe me anything, but the crapping on TS3 got tiring within the first year of when TS4 was released. They're just now admitting that their game is screwed up. People will happily gaslight me for free, I don't have to shell out over $1,500.00 for that kind treatment. It will be interesting to see if Maxis repeats history and tosses TS4 under the bus at some point...
Smeg Head
#4 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 4:23 PM
They'll have to go down and get it from under the burning dumpster that's under the burning train wreck, before throwing it under the bus. No doubt they'll set the bus on fire too, once they do.

Reminds me of my childhood in Belfast.

But that won't be for many years yet. As Project Rene is to work alongside, in tandem, with the life-everlasting TS4. But once they have the official replacement for TS4 ready to go, then just name the bus it'll be flung under. There will be one.

And as for the OP question. Like so many I probably wont touch Renee on release. The horror of free to play but costing an arm and a leg for everything else, online play just scares the crap out of me and my wallet.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 5:23 PM
I don't think so. I don't play TS4 and I've lost any and all faith in EA/Maxis years ago. Will stick with TS2 and TS3 for the forseeable future, as none of the sims competitors interest me all that much either. It's a shame really, I wouldn't mind having a new sims game to look forward to.

Contrary to many (most?) I actually wish there'd be something simpler in this genre to play. As much as I love and adore 2 & 3 sometimes I just don't have the energy to play anything that gets that bloated and needs to be maintained and fiddled with quite so much. At times there's just too many fires to put out. I'll never get bored of them though, which is pretty unique. Can't say that for any other game I've ever played.
Theorist
#6 Old 18th Jun 2024 at 6:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
They'll have to go down and get it from under the burning dumpster that's under the burning train wreck, before throwing it under the bus. No doubt they'll set the bus on fire too, once they do.

Ooof!
Forum Resident
#7 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 12:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
........... It will be interesting to see if Maxis repeats history and tosses TS4 under the bus at some point...

Of course they will.

Yesterday the EA app went down. Couldn't play the game I have paid money for. Unbelievable.

♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥ Now playing Sims 4 but not as EA intended.....
Inventor
#8 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 7:33 AM
It took me to November '22 before I finally tried Sims 4. Which is finally playable after numerous updates and the use of mods. I have no high hopes for 5.
5 is probably still years of, while they continue to milk Sims 4.

The Grumpy Old Gamer's Blog

~Life is like a box of chocolates, just when you're enjoying it, you choke on it.
Theorist
#9 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 12:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Of course they will.

Yesterday the EA app went down. Couldn't play the game I have paid money for. Unbelievable.

I'm sorry. It seems like a lot of people are having issues with the EA App.

It's interesting how Andrew Wilson continues to make millions for maintaining broken stuff...

EA CEO Andrew Wilson earned $25.6 million in FY2024

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/ea-ce...llion-in-fy2024

Quote:
Wilson is EA's executive with the highest compensation, followed by president of EA entertainment, technology and central development Laura Miele, at $12 million for FY24.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 19th Jun 2024 at 12:05 PM
I find it a crime how all the other, better, Sims games lasted 4-5 years each, but the garbage that is Sims 4 has dragged on and has been milked for ten years this coming September. I was genuinely excited for the game to come out, and even paid the initial $60 some weeks or months after its release. But it's so, so disappointing. It killed my optimism of the game, and I'm very weary of Sims 5. I may watch some (non Simfluencers) gameplay of it if it comes out before I make my decision, though.

Unless somehow Will Wright comes back, or anyone who actually cares about the Sims and its longtime fans, I don't have high hopes for 5. But I do think it's possible the smug Gurus will throw Sims 4 under the bus and then gaslight people by saying "Oh, no, Sims 4 was terrible, none of us were happy with it" or some nonsense like that.

I do want to be optimistic for the competitors like Paralives and Life by You, but from what I've seen of previews and gameplay, they both look super underwhelming (?) compared to the Sims. :/

Until then, I'm sticking with Sims 1-3 and Freeplay.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 1:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiddypatches
(snip)..........I do want to be optimistic for the competitors like Paralives and Life by You, but from what I've seen of previews and gameplay, they both look super underwhelming (?) compared to the Sims. :/

Yes, well.... Life By You now looks infinitely underwhelming!

It has been axed for corporate reasons it would appear. I too would love for the days where game developers cared but these are getting hard to find... but, there are some out there!

Top Secret Researcher
#12 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 3:21 AM
Hell no. I didn't get TS4, I see no reason to give EA my money. That stopped in 2014. 2013? When the last expansion for TS3 came out.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 6:12 PM
Until then, I'm sticking with Sims 1-3 and Freeplay.

Does TS1 run well on W10/11? I sold all my discs to be able to afford TS2 once upon a time so haven't played for many years, but at some point I'd love to revisit the original.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 20th Jun 2024 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Flaygor
Yes, well.... Life By You now looks infinitely underwhelming!

It has been axed for corporate reasons it would appear. I too would love for the days where game developers cared but these are getting hard to find... but, there are some out there!

Aw, you're kidding! Just when it was "due to release" soon or something like that. :/

Quote: Originally posted by Woolysmurf
Does TS1 run well on W10/11? I sold all my discs to be able to afford TS2 once upon a time so haven't played for many years, but at some point I'd love to revisit the original.

I have the game on discs that I got from Goodwill about 10 years ago, and I couldn't install it on windows 10 because while my discs were in good contiditon, it didn't want to install because of "missing discs" (???), so I had to give in and look for the ultimate collection digitally (apparently it's abandonware so you can download it for free). You may have to search YouTube for videos on a "Sims 1 Windows 10 Patch," that seems to have worked for my gaming laptop.

I play TS1 on my old windows 7 laptop I changed to windows XP, and haven't had any problems there. (sorry for the long response to a simple question lol)
Test Subject
#15 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 12:10 AM
TS5? TS5? You mean there's such an animal as TS5, and it's coming soon to a town near you?
The end of the world is closer than I thought.
Alchemist
#16 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 1:53 AM
I mean it's going to be free, so why wouldn't I try it? I doubt it has the open world I want, but that won't stop me from trying it out If I had to pay $59.99 for it, it would be probably no unless it got some grand reviews. Even then probably no because many of you love TS4 and I think it's meh.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 2:32 PM
I have the game on discs that I got from Goodwill about 10 years ago, and I couldn't install it on windows 10 because while my discs were in good contiditon, it didn't want to install because of "missing discs" (???), so I had to give in and look for the ultimate collection digitally (apparently it's abandonware so you can download it for free). You may have to search YouTube for videos on a "Sims 1 Windows 10 Patch," that seems to have worked for my gaming laptop.

I play TS1 on my old windows 7 laptop I changed to windows XP, and haven't had any problems there. (sorry for the long response to a simple question lol)

Nah, I appreciate the thorough answer, thank you!

Well, guess I don't really have to regret selling those discs anymore then. Didn't even think about it possibly being abandonware now, but makes sense. Will probably have to wait until I get a used laptop though but one more reason to keep an eye out for one, for sure. I've been wanting one with XP for a while now.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#18 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 3:17 PM
Just for information, I'm running Sims 1 on Win 10 from the disc install.

You do need a nocd, and I have a widescreen patcher as well as a utility to make it run in a borderless window.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sims1/comm..._on_windows_10/
https://modthesims.info/showthread....203#post5956203
Forum Resident
#19 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 11:31 PM
Absolutely not. I hear it's going to be a multi online player which is odd. I don't want to create an avatar to go out and talk to my friends. I'll just go out and talk to my friends. It's absurd.
Test Subject
#20 Old 21st Jun 2024 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dikosay77
TS5? TS5? You mean there's such an animal as TS5, and it's coming soon to a town near you?
The end of the world is closer than I thought.

Sidenote: For everyone who, like me, criticize this game (and future games) and company like I did, there are a hundred others who will purchase and download it as soon as it becomes available. I don't think we're the group you should actually ask this question.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 2:14 AM
Sidenote: For everyone who, like me, criticize this game (and future games) and company like I did, there are a hundred others who will purchase and download it as soon as it becomes available. I don't think we're the group you should actually ask this question.

But... but.... there are DOZENS of us!!! Dozens I tell you!

Great observation though. If you are unlucky enough to troll the EA Chat & Answers forums you will cringe at the number of people who complain about faults in their game but WILL NOT use a mod, scary. I can see TS5 catering to these people who will also lap up overpriced content

Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 10:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Just for information, I'm running Sims 1 on Win 10 from the disc install.

You do need a nocd, and I have a widescreen patcher as well as a utility to make it run in a borderless window.
https://www.reddit.com/r/sims1/comm..._on_windows_10/
https://modthesims.info/showthread....203#post5956203

Oh really? Interesting! Worth a shot to try then. Thanks for sharing!
Theorist
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 11:14 AM
...there are a hundred others who will purchase and download it as soon as it becomes available. I don't think we're the group you should actually ask this question.

Of course they will. It would be silly for anybody to think that everybody will thumb their nose at something that is "free". The "free" part is EA's hook to get people into the game. Just like when TS4 base game went free. There was a ton of people talking about how the whole game with the million DLC at the time was also going to be free, then got mad when that didn't happen. I don't understand how people get to free base game to the entire game is free, but I've learned to live with it. It doesn't make sense, it will never make sense; I may as well be entertained by it. I'm expecting the same exact thing to happen with Project Nay-Nay.

It has been awhile since I did some math for Sims Mobile. Maxis is no longer making new content for it, but I needed a refresher to show just how stupidly expensive the Sims Mobile version of the game really is. Sims Mobile does things what are called campaigns. It is similar to the road maps for TS4, they just call them campaigns instead. Anywho, here's a recent list I found. I'd screenshot it, but it's a long list.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-D...13631410#M28550

For a mobile game that only sells less than a handful of items per 'pack', if a person were to buy everything on the list, they'd be out $166.81. Meanwhile people will get their rants on that they're being ripped off when they see numbers like these:

Quote:
Mobile games generated $81 billion revenue in 2023 across both platforms
iOS was responsible for $47.7 billion of that revenue, Google Play generated $33.3 billion

https://www.businessofapps.com/data...-games-revenue/

People can't think of a cheaper way to keep themselves entertained while sitting on the toilet? Just sayin'.

If people think this monetization model ( or something similar) won't be coming to Project Nay-Nay, lots of people are going to be disappointed.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 22nd Jun 2024 at 2:06 PM

I do feel like there are less and less people in community who even have any optimism for the game. I suspect on the official forums (that is, if there such a platform over to new site) even there people expressing realistic feelings towards online service / free-to-play / multiplayer the game is turning in their disfavor, all while being label haters by the sim4bussies. The delulu simmers are in much smaller and smaller numbers as time goes by. EA is failing to please and sustain their audience’s interest.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Test Subject
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2024 at 1:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Simsdestroyer
Absolutely not. I hear it's going to be a multi online player which is odd. I don't want to create an avatar to go out and talk to my friends. I'll just go out and talk to my friends. It's absurd.

Say what? They did that twenty years ago. It was called The Sims Online and it was generally considered a failure.
Page 1 of 2