Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:12 AM
Default The Official S2C Home Make Over Contest ~ Rounds 1, 2 and 3 Merged (closed)
Welcome to week 1 of the official home make over.
This week's room to decorate is the bedroom.
The theme is Asian. When you're in your bedroom, the last thing you want to think of is chaos and noise and stress. Your bedroom is your sancuary.
You are at peace. Decorate your bedroom with objects that give you peace. Simple, yet sleek. Reds, blacks, and creams. Make your bedroom your zen haven. And please stay true to a realistic Asian feel.

This round will end on 1/20 at midnight Eastern Time

Pics required

2 ground shots of your room- ONLY 2 showing the decoration you've put in.
Pick your best two photos for this (keep in mind you will want to take these photos with the walls up so get tricky with your camera angles.
The Tab button will help you get closer and angle the camera better)
1 Aerial shot of the room just like the entry rounds but closer to show placement of objects and to ensure we've all decorated the right rooms.
Remember- you may change the style of the windows and doors but do not change the placement of the windows and doors.
Anyone who does not obey the rules will be cut.
Thats a total of THREE pics ONLY

THE RULES

1) You must stick to the layout as presented in the screenshots. Please follow those building instructions CAREFULLY.
2) Walls may NOT be moved or altered.
3) Windows and Doors may NOT be moved from their positions. (But they can be replaced with custom doors or windows of the same size).
4) Foundations may not be altered.
5) The use of “Half Walls” is allowed, but the “Half Walls” may not replace existing walls. They may only be added in as new walls in existing rooms.
6) Use of custom content is allowed and encouraged Whenever possible, please leave a note on your post if you've used alot of content from one site in particular. If you see something that someone has used in a lot and wish to download that content yourself do NOT post here- PM the member and ask privately.
7) Use of cheats is allowed. (angled furniture, moveobjects on etc..)
8) Please keep your photos to a maximum of 600x450. (standard in game screenshot size for most users) And only provide the asked for ammount of photos.
9) Please keep chatter in this thread to a minimum. Any questions about this round or comments belong in the original entry thread- Lets keep this thread strictly to entries only.

Contestants whos lots meet specifications so far:
~1.SuperFly
~2.sims2germany
~3.Kristos_Kazare
~4.brendabond
~5.joesemsims
~6.chique4591
~7.cordaen
~8.purplebookworm2
~9.prettypetalgirl
~10.ciane
~11.pepperdawg
~12.farath

~14.remellion
~15.moonluck9
~16.LuciousNess
~17.Lethe_s
~18.gemini2281
~19.angel f
~20.evilmrhaig
~21.trusy
~22.lucky-.-sevens
~23.Rymac91
~24.bbear0287
~25.grumpytreto
~26.zeldap
~27.nengi65
~28.homedalaimama
~29.BigFatLady
~30.Ms. Useless Knowledge
~31.GaidenNinja *Withdrawn*
~32.DameSporkalot
~33.xpaperxcoffinx
~34.iampinkstar
~35.JessicaRitchie
~36.callum91
~37.simrunner
~38.AP
~39.Valasia
~40.Darkladyknight
~41.SDSims
~42.misaki

~44.reyn
~45.cheezball
~46.sweetshiver
~47.simlover13
~48.MrsRkpu
~49.nicolafred
~50.jaela
51.euroboyPN
~52.romyhorse
~53.LazyKitt007
~54.jaglove21
~55.michey355
~56.ugly.breath
~57.rayea
~58.evoviel
~59.Credence_The_Hun
~60.siriuslylost
~61.EllaTru
~62.Loverat
~63.Gypsy
~64.Dragonfly Fairy
65.imjetguer
~66.sayyadina
~67.rsnemo

Anyone who has not made their corrections needs to PM ME before you post your round one photos. If your name is not on this list- and you did submit your entry in the first thread PM me also. Im positive Ive got everyone now. Otherwise you will be disqualified. Sorry to be so strict but this is a large contest so the rules this time can not be flexible.
Due to such a high ammount of entries this round will be cut down to the top 30 bedrooms. Those people will continue on to the next round.
At the end of this round you can all claim your tshirt prize as shown in the other thread.

have fun and be creative!
Advertisement
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:16 AM
~Reserved~
Test Subject
#3 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:34 AM
Alright, here is my go. Everything you can find on MTS2. I don't think I got anything from any other website.

SimAlot.com - Guess who's back! :>
#4 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:54 AM
Ok, here they are...
Right. hope theyre the right size. wanted to upload them this morning but had to go shopping with family :mad: . i got chocolate so thats ok :sci: i dont know if its ok to edit my pics later this week if i find something else that might be helpful. is it, LyricLee? please answer! Ok here thay are. there is custom content in. cant remember sites. i think peggysims,thesims2resource, modthesims2, and some others...

Bye! ( i hope they're good enough but even if i don't make it i shall still follow the contest i would just not upload the pics!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:55 AM
ok boys and girls try to not reserve spots ok- you two fine- but no more- just post when you have your pics. you dont win anything for order i swear
#6 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 8:17 AM
Asian Style Bedroom

View from one side:

View from other side:

Arial View:
#7 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 9:28 AM
Default Her ya go!
Here's my first round pics. Hope I stayed close to the true asian feel as I have no idea what a true asian bedroom looks like.
#8 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 10:28 AM
Reserved for my room :D
Stupid people are stupid
#9 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 12:16 PM
This is my sanctuary bedroom.

Aerial shot:

Ground shot:

Another ground shot:
#10 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 12:23 PM
these ones so far are so good. Mine doesnt stand a chance but here goes!

My asian themed bedroom!
#11 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 1:43 PM
My pics for the second round:bedroom "Modern India" (This was a bit difficult...Im not a great fan of Asian (japaneese/chinese ) styles, but since India is considered Asian,and I know a lot more about Indian style, I made this one. ) This room is very "simple" and makes you focus more on your inner life, cause the colours are not that exiting (less demanding)

pic1

pic2(removed bedcurtain for visibility)

(everything in the room is CC - see if I can remember where I get it should you ask, but Im afraid some of the stuff is mysteriously anynomous...A lot of stuff is from "Meshkiste" anyway))
pic3
Fluffy
retired moderator
#12 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 3:28 PM
ooh, so many pretty entries
here's mine, does it need a name? Let's call it the Cherry Blossom Bedroom
aerial shot

inside the room

ALL custom content, so I don't know where to start (ooh, floor is maxis!)
if you want to know about something specific, ask me
#13 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 5:07 PM
Default 12 Francis Avenue
The Top View...

The view from the door...

and the view from the left hand wall...
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 5:46 PM
Default Asian Bedroom by Brenda
I did a stark Japanese style room. I hope you like it. I got most of this stuff from reflexsims.com or MTS2.

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#15 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 5:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims2germany
I am seeing a lot of entries that seem to have the Bedroom in the original Bathroom area, am I missing something here?

unless im blind everyone is using the proper room which is the top most right hand room 4x6
the 5x5 is the bathroom
#16 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 7:57 PM
I ventured away from the typical Chinesse Chippendale with mine. The mood is dark but is peaceful and serene. The decoration is minimual and constrained. I guess you could call it oriental country. Walls, floor, bedcovering, window recolors, and locker "closets" by me. Futon "floorbed" available at MTS2, plant by the bed is from tsr(dincer), plant by the door from Parsimonius . The curtains are my recolors of bobenglish's weirdo room cutains

#17 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 9:35 PM
im not asian, so im not sure if im getting this right, but to what ive seen on TV, i think it should be ok.
i hope these are ok.
Custom Content : Walls by Enayla , Bedding by MunchkinSim2, and Chinese Pictures by maree464.

Aerial Shot:

Ground 1:

Ground 2:
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#18 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 9:48 PM
Absolutely beautiful entries so far- im just amazed at how different- yet on theme everyones rooms are. Wonderful entries everyone!
Field Researcher
#19 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 10:06 PM
here's mine:

i know that the rug edge tiles are from Mermaid Cove; and the chair came from Around the Sims2, but I'm not sure of the rest

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 10:28 PM
I wish I'd had my internet up when this contest started I decorate alot of master bedrooms with an Asian feel. I agree though that everyone's rooms look great very different but still with a distinct Asian flair.
#21 Old 13th Jan 2006 at 11:50 PM
Well, here's my little entry. Hopefully it's good enough to compete with the other masterpieces I've seen here. Not sure if it's Asian, but it is simple and relaxful. The wall came from junipersun and the bonsai came from Sims2Day

Field Researcher
#22 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 12:44 AM
Default S2C Home Makeover-Asian style Bedroom-Round1
Hi, here's my entry, glad I'm not voting on any of these cause they are all coming out awesome!! Can't waite to see the rest.

Jessica

"The artist is nothing without the gift, but the gift is nothing without the work"
Sophisticated Sims
Featured Artist at Spiffy Sims
#23 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 12:51 AM
Asian Peace

The beautiful escence of Asia and peace are presented in this bedroom. You will wake up to gentle cream walls, Asian decor, and a gentle ray of sunlight peeking through genuine bambo curtains.

夢想在和平

(Dream in Peace)
#24 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 12:54 AM
Gorgeous bedrooms everyone! :nod: I see there is a tough competition!

好運氣大家

(Good luck everyone )
#25 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 1:49 AM
Everyone has made such beautiful rooms. I can't wait to see what else people come up with

Okay, so I was trying to go for a sort of Indo-Chinese feel, don't know if I acheived it, you can be the judge of that :D

Oh, and btw, I feel silly for not explaining earlier,the lack of wardrobe is due to the under-bed storage the platform bed provides.
i wanted to keep the furniture to a minimum, reduce the clutter, so the wardrobe seemed redundant.

the overhead shot

angle one

angle two

Thanks to the following for making the custom content I used:

11dots.com for the PLANO blinds
CTNutmegger for the platform bed
Helaene for the wall tapestry and bed covering recolors
KalicoKat for the wallcovering
Page 1 of 6