Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 9:05 PM
Default The Official Home Make Over Chat Thread~THE WINNER IS ANNOUNCED!
A huge Thank you to all the contestants who have participated in this contest- You have truly shown what is possible with the wonderful content of sim creators.
This contest has been fierce. But we have finally voted for a winner(s)!

Yep We have to call a tie!
After much talking we have decided that both Nengi65 and MissUselessknowledge have displayed extrordinary skills in home design- So you both will be recieveing the First place prize- Which is a custom user title on the site of your choice as well as all clothing prizes offered.

Second Place is the one and only LoveRat who will recieve the second place clothing prize.

And angel f and moonluck will be recieving the third place prize

Will all winners please PM me with your email. FIrst place winners please PM me with your email and what you would like your user title to say. Thank you all for such fantastic participation. Hope to see you for our second official contest coming soon.....

Advertisement
#2 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 9:32 PM
I will definitely be entering.
#3 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 9:42 PM
OK- here's my submission

Test Subject
#4 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 10:05 PM
Default Here we go... :)
Alright, here it is.. :wave:
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 10:22 PM
Default brendabond has a home...
Verrry different from what I usually do, but I usually download homes I like, and redocorate anyway...so I thought, why not?

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 10:26 PM
Itsok brenda as long as I can count tiles to make sure everyone is being honest with their lot building

For all of my creations and more free downloads please visit Exnem Sims
Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Come join our Banner Contest Today!!
#7 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 11:18 PM
Default Here we go!!
Hey...Here is my addition to the contest! I think that this is such a great contest! I must admit....right now, the job that i want is to be an interior designer and i think that i'll be able to wow the "judges"!!!! Thanks so much for this great contest!!
Test Subject
#8 Old 9th Jan 2006 at 11:44 PM
Default my submission
Here, have a lot. As custom content is allowed, I have chosen the Grand Trianon Architecture Set.

Ready for Round 2!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 12:19 AM
Alright, here's my submission

credit to Moon_ez for the windows/ front door

can't wait for the next round

“How can a woman be expected to be happy with a man who insists on treating her as if she were a perfectly normal human being.” -- Oscar Wilde
Find me on: Facebook Xbox Live: Aceofblue
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#10 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:23 AM
Glad you all like this- Remember you will be able to change doors and windows- And each room will have a specific theme- So to the person who chose the GT set- You can use it if you feel it fits the theme thats given per room. Those will be announced once I have all applications in. Everyones lots look good. Thanks for following instructions

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
#11 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:34 AM
Hey LyricLee,
i was wondering if you could give some examples of what you would be looking for in the winningg house/room! Also maybe some general ideas/themes of rooms (so that we can know what we are getting ourselves into). I understand if you cant. But Thanks soo much anyways!
I was also wondering if we could switch the bathroom and bedrrom around becaus in this setup..it sims as though the bathroom is bigger then the bedroom:S Anways..same as above...i understand if you cant.. But just tell me if i'm being annoying asking for somany things..sorry

Ps..I can't wait for the next round!!
#12 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:40 AM
Yes! This sounds awesome. Very... Design-y. :nod: :nod: :nod:

:moose:

Okay, so now... Um.... Here's my house :nod:

Edit: Fixed... Again! Hope this is right! :nod:
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#13 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 1:59 AM
Simgrl88 please look carefully at the dimensions post- your lot is off by a few squares and has to be redone.

cheeze- can you please provide an aerial shot looking straight down with walls down- I cant determine the proprotions of yoru rooms with your walls up

chique- the challenge is not knowing what style will be popped on you So i cant give that away- And Id rather not switch rooms and see how we can work with the limitations given to us. Kind of like living in a real house- you jsut have to adjust to the space given.

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
#14 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 2:04 AM
Great Thanks
#15 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 2:19 AM
Oh okay I'll fix it.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#16 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 2:29 AM
Yes Im writing up that round now- and Ill have all the others ready ahead of time. In between rounds there will probably be a small pause for staff to judge once we get to the picture taking part- More details will be posted on the 14th Thanks for the pic fix- Ive added your name

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 2:33 AM
Please read this thread http://www.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=9712 to learn how to post your photos

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
#18 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 2:44 AM
Okay it's fine now.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 2:50 AM

I'm looking forward to the competition. I hope you don't mind that I color coded my rooms the same as your first image. I'll change them later; but the colors help identify the rooms, so I left them there in my image.
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#20 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 3:00 AM
simgirl88 your windows are not in the proper spots following the template ive layed out- it has to be EXACTLY the same as the one ive shown.

hghngon i dont know what is wrong but your image uplaoded is only 100 something large- you have to provide one much larger than that- try using the print screen button to take your photos or play with your in game camera settings.

cheezball- your front door and window are off
ciane- excellent

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Instructor
#21 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 3:31 AM
Hey, I don't normally do houses, but I'll give this a shot. Here's my house:
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 3:39 AM
Everyone with tiny pics...please check your camera settings in game, set them to take large pictures. It's easy. Sorry, Lyric, I hope this isn't "chatter", LOL!

At my age, any thing I say is an old saying! - Lini
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#23 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 3:43 AM
pepper your pic is a bit small but i can see your windows are fine- so youve been added

brenda nah its cool thanks

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
#24 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 4:32 AM
Here's my submission:

sideview:
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
Original Poster
#25 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 4:38 AM
Hg I cant see enough to tell your dimensions- try upping the in game camera settings

farath- great job thanks- added u to list

Grand Re-Opening NOW!!!
Page 1 of 10