Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2023 at 10:47 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Cannot Exit World Regularly
HI!

So I came across the world called Mayfeild Port (I tried to search if anyone had similar issues, but since the world title is so close to Mayfield Springs, I wasn't able to find anything) and I wanted to know if this is an issue with my game or the world itself. When I load this game and save this game everything is ok, but when I want to quit the game, it just loads...forever. In order for me to close the game, I have to open the task manager and force it to stop. I reallllly like this world, so I wanted to know if anyone else has these issues with this world or if it's just me?

Thanks!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 10:27 PM
Also forgot to mention, I am not able to go to the main menu after loading this world too. Traveling to university world(world adventures too etc.) also takes forever and a day, I let it load for more than 45 minutes before I forced it to shut down.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 13th Sep 2023 at 10:51 PM
Could be that the world is complex and requires too much RAM? If your computer is struggling for resources then it won't be able to save, or load another world, or exit the game correctly.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Could be that the world is complex and requires too much RAM? If your computer is struggling for resources then it won't be able to save, or load another world, or exit the game correctly.

d'awww I was hoping that wasn't the case. I guess i'll find another world. Thanks for your help!!
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 5:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flloetryresident
Also forgot to mention, I am not able to go to the main menu after loading this world too. Traveling to university world(world adventures too etc.) also takes forever and a day, I let it load for more than 45 minutes before I forced it to shut down.

You also shouldn't go to the main menu. That also takes up resources that won't be available for the new game. Always close out completely and start anew.
Inventor
#6 Old 16th Sep 2023 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flloetryresident
HI!

So I came across the world called Mayfeild Port (I tried to search if anyone had similar issues, but since the world title is so close to Mayfield Springs, I wasn't able to find anything) and I wanted to know if this is an issue with my game or the world itself. When I load this game and save this game everything is ok, but when I want to quit the game, it just loads...forever. In order for me to close the game, I have to open the task manager and force it to stop. I reallllly like this world, so I wanted to know if anyone else has these issues with this world or if it's just me?

Thanks!

If you are able to save the game in reasonable amount of time and not get error 12. I do not see any problem with using task manager to shut down the game. If you have Nraas Traveler, and it takes forever to travel to, or from this world, I know of nothing else to help with that.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!