Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:45 AM
How do you meet teenagers?
I can't seem to find some age appropriate friends for my teenage sims. Is there some visual que I'm missing or something. Do they not exist?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 5:55 AM
It's difficult to recognise teenagers in game since they look just like young adults. I think they can easily be overseen. I haven't seen a teenager in game so far - or have simply overseen it.

If you have a teenager in your family you could try to meet other teenagers in chat (if there's such an option, like for children) and then try to call them and invite them home. I have only a child in my family and therefore haven't been able to test that myself.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:24 AM Last edited by g00d2day : 8th Sep 2014 at 6:38 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Yogi-Tea
If you have a teenager in your family you could try to meet other teenagers in chat

Yeah, I tried that already. Thanks for the suggestion, though. Unfortunately, chating is a one way social interaction that doesn't procure new acquaintances. Same with the meet friends at school interactions. The pop-up that tells you about the sims doesn't even say what life state they are in.

Edit: For anyone having this problem, you can spot a teen by the number of traits available to them. This info is available in the pop-up box that appears whn you hover over sims in your relationship panel. So go meet a bunch of sims. Seriously, I don't think I have seen anything this stupid before. What a pain in the ass.

Also you can cruise the library and look for them doing homework. That sounds so filthy.
Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 6:36 AM
I haven't seen anything other than adults/young adults.
Field Researcher
#5 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:08 PM
I've only met one teen so far, and that was because I accidentally left aging on so she aged up from a child.

I am wondering if maybe the game doesn't spawn them, so we only have the ones in the premade households? I don't know how else to explain the dearth.

It seems like a big failing that the meet tone for work/schools doesn't do anything other than raise social.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 12:30 PM
I haven't found a single one and my sim has been around the town introducing herself to every single sim I could find. I had to add teenagers myself to the world. I just really wish they would at least add the age group below the name when you hover over a Sim.
Test Subject
#7 Old 8th Sep 2014 at 1:02 PM
My first friend was a teen.. Thought I was chatting up some weird/hot goth chick but it turned out to be the daughter of the Goths. Not noticed another teen since though.
Scholar
#8 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 8:47 PM
My game seems to know only two possible household configurations when it comes to randomly generating sims:
1. Single sims Young Adult, Adult or Elder
2. Single mother with teenage daughter and child son - these are easily mistaken for lesbian couples with an adopted child, but on closer inspection one of the "partners" always turns out a teenage girl.
I have also have one elder couple and two adult woman roommates, but I´m not sure if they were randomly generated or have been in the offworld bin from the beginning.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:09 PM
I started filling my off world bin with my own families. The townie generator pulls from there first, I read somewhere. It works too. Just tiresome having to make all these damn families just so my sim can have friends.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:14 PM
The only surefire way I've found so far to find teenagers is by using testingcheats on and editing them in CAS, then looking at their life state. I will have to try that hovering method since that would be much easier.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by g00d2day
I started filling my off world bin with my own families. The townie generator pulls from there first, I read somewhere. It works too. Just tiresome having to make all these damn families just so my sim can have friends.

Not an option for me, because legacy challenge-players are not allowed to use their own creations as wedding material. Could be possible for friends but i hate keeping track of which townie is made by me or not. Hope they make a special lot or object (like the pirate ship for children) for teenagers.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:30 PM
maybe we should have an 'ask age' interaction, or better yet.. the sims age should be provided when you interact with them.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mondenkind
Not an option for me, because legacy challenge-players are not allowed to use their own creations as wedding material. Could be possible for friends but i hate keeping track of which townie is made by me or not. Hope they make a special lot or object (like the pirate ship for children) for teenagers.

You could try the gallery, no? Just download some sims and set them to teenage lifestate? It's only borderline cheating. At least you'll know your soon to be won't look like they got hit with a hot shovel when they grow up. :P
Forum Resident
#14 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:08 PM
Teenagers seem to like taking selfies a lot as idle animations, but that's the only real way I've come across to tell them apart.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Sep 2014 at 11:42 PM
I find teens by checking if an adult sim can have a romantic interaction with them. If not, then I know they're a teen. Perhaps teens have the romantic interaction available for teens, but not for adults?

Either way, it's really confusing. Especially when a very slim young adult is standing next to a fuller-figured teen.