Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#276 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
(...) ...the thing that really baffles me is that I know, very well, that the stuff I made drove other people to play the game, or keep playing the game. I know this because people would quietly email me legacy blogs set in my worlds, and gifted me things, and generally told me as much. I'm not tooting my own horn, I think every half-decent world builder heard these comments as well, but the thing is... (...).
I recently upgraded my Niua Simoa (WA version) game with new venues and different rabbitholes and I still cannot get enough of it.
Advertisement
Instructor
#277 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 5:18 PM Last edited by Scobre : 26th Sep 2016 at 5:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
If something can be done to edit the worlds and increase the lot count, that would make me very happy. I would love to see that at least. Thank you for the link.

Your welcome. Just remember that Zerbu said this too "Compared to previous Sims games, everything in The Sims 4 is so pre-defined. We’re basically stuck with what EA gives us." so don't expect it to be even at par with previous Sims games but nice Zerbu still tries to provide tools for people to work with. But I do really respect Zerbu as a modder, have enjoyed trying out all of those mods a lot, and surprised he has tolerated the Sims 4 for this long.

@Inge Jones, Pary had a nice comment on that of where the Sims 4 was heading which made me giggle. Pretty much down the toilet, thus the potty humor things in the Sims 4.
Scholar
#278 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 6:10 PM
simply put: Keep your expectation low, you won't be dissapointed.
Or better: *lower*.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#279 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Leo5
I only played S4 at a friends house & wasn't that impressed but at the back of my mind I always thought a Pet pack would at least get me to buy the base game & the pets pack, now I don't think so. I didn't watch the latest live stream but I've been following threads & seeing screenshots + with everything else EA has done I've come to the sad realization that S4 will never be for me. If it has to do with the game engine or how EA is handling the game or both I don't know but I don't have faith for EA to deliver anything that will pull me back into buying a Sims game again & that includes a S5 (if there is one).

Another thing is that I caught some of WWE Divas & Eva Maria was going to make her first appearance in the ring. I don't think she is popular because she passed a comment along the lines of, that it doesn't matter if she gets booed because it means the fans are still invested in her. She would consider it bad if there is no reaction at all because that means the fans don't care. It got me thinking about the what is going on with the Sims. & I wonder if the same can't be true for it & if the only way EA would get the message about our dissatisfaction about them & this game if we just go quiet because nothing else seems to be working to get them to hear us. I've decided to disinvest in the future of this series, play the older games & hope somebody else decides to do something similar because I don't think EA deserves my time or energy never mind money.

Going quiet would be the best thing for this entire disaster. That's what all us fans of the SimCity franchise did when they ruined it in 2013. After the initial outburst of disappointment, then the millions of suggestions from fans, and modders, then the arguing among the fan base....finally it went quiet. Everyone gave up, shelved the game and went back to older versions or moved on to other city building games.

I'm seeing this same pattern. I've been visiting the Sims forums less and less... but the tension has really built up. The calm before the storm maybe. I think it's very possible that as soon as people spend their money on this next Crappy EP City life (I wont be)....this will hopefully be the end of it. I'm really not sure that those who claim to like the game can keep it afloat. Cause there were people who liked SimCity 2013....but not enough of them.

Yes going quiet would be awsome. Give all those damn money hungry bastards at EA/Maxis the bitch slap they deserve. I'm in.
Scholar
#280 Old 26th Sep 2016 at 10:44 PM
Can you imagine all the simmers that are now on the official forums caring and arguing about the game simply disappearing, in deafening silence, leaving only the few happy campers. The forum would be dead within months. *dreams*

Although, the recent drama has been very entertaining to say the least. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion - you can't look away.

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Forum Resident
#281 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
Speaking as someone into designing worlds/neighbourhoods (I just cracked CAW open for the first time in years yesterday), I have to say that while I'm really interested by this, my interest is purely academic. Being able to make worlds (within huge constrictions) would be nice, but will never solve the fact that the game was very chore-like and made me feel like I was going through the motions. I never felt very connected to my sims, it felt like they had been turned into tools. Even the lack of a proper bio box (like the very ample ones in TS2 and TS3) bothered me? Or are they there and my memory is making the game sound worse than it is? Anyway, it'd be good to see the guts of the neighbourhoods, but I suspect it won't hold people's interest long enough for any good worlds to get made.

One of the things that mystifies me about TS4 is... ...I had big problems with TS3, but it was still sort of playable. A heartbreaking, buggy slog, where the game decayed noticeably the longer you played a hood, but the gameplay was fun - the dynasties you could make were fun. I played the random legacy challenge a few times and once ended up with a whole floor of ice sculptures for every family member who lived during my sculptor founder's lifetime. In the third generation, a wine cellar from the second generation had become quite a money spinner. I was annoyed that it was impossible not to be stupidly rich without major intervention. I don't look back at TS3 with rose-tinted glasses. I honestly didn't play it that much, I mostly built for it. But... ...the thing that really baffles me is that I know, very well, that the stuff I made drove other people to play the game, or keep playing the game. I know this because people would quietly email me legacy blogs set in my worlds, and gifted me things, and generally told me as much. I'm not tooting my own horn, I think every half-decent world builder heard these comments as well, but the thing is... ...TS4 stripped away SO MUCH of the infrastructure that was driving the TS3 community - the relatively straightforward modding, the fact that TS4 hoods are deliberately unwieldy to edit, the hemmed-in and controlling aesthetic and gameplay. I think about how much modding has kept Simcity 4 relevant, the crazy city journals people made. Why did they deprioritise modding and customisation SO MUCH?

I suspect, more than any other single factor, it's the biggest reason for TS4's stagnant vibe.

(I mean, for goodness sake, look at what ouerbacker finished in my absence: http://potato-ballad-sims.tumblr.co...ased-get-it-now. We just won't see any freedom like this in TS4, it's blaringly obvious).

Just wanted to say that Point Ouerbacker is one of my favorite worlds, and was the setting for one of my favorite TS3 stories that I made.
#282 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:01 PM Last edited by BloodyScholastic : 27th Sep 2016 at 12:12 PM.
@ElaineNualla

Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla

Well, and there are ofc the whole Asian-productions "purely professional" or kinda "artistic". Take your pick. (no pointing there mate, this is 2 click ahead on google but do not return with scream. Like while searching something simple as "modest clothes for Sims" there're things which cannot be unseen, just friendly warning ;p) ...

Sorry, I don't understand what you meant to be honest. English is not my first language so what is ofc? I googled it got results like 'Obama Fried Chicken', 'Optical Fiber Cable', 'Oceania Football Confederation', I looked up urban dictionary, ofc stands for Original Female Character. I guess you meant by Original Female Character correlated with whole Asian-productions "purely professional" or kinda "artistic"? Don't understand what is that whole Asian productions? Explanation please?

Quote: Originally posted by BloodyScholastic
Errr... I first heard that game in TS2 era. I watched the trailer when the female character slapping on male character's face because he spoke gibberish Simlish. I didn't like the feel of that game at that time, seemed copying and mocking The Sims and looked like cheap game with story revolving on romance setting which I didn't like.

Aaaaargggh The game I explained is not Singles, but Supple! Sorry guys I got mixed them up. Now I'm playing Singles. Singles characters speak gibberish and the place is in apartment. Haven't tried Supple yet. Supple characters speaks English and the place is in office.

I moved my downloads to Simblr thebleedingwoodland
My newer quality downloads on my blog The Bleeding Woodland
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#283 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 12:18 PM
"ofc" is short for "of course" and the Asian productions are perhaps all those Dating Sim or Ren'ai games.
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 7:05 PM
What does Yib stand for again? I know what it means but why are they called yibs?!
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#285 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 7:07 PM
Rachel said in a conference call with them "you will be called YibSims which is Simlish for Best Friend"

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 10:05 PM
Absolutely disgusting
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#287 Old 27th Sep 2016 at 11:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
Being quiet only works if you're dealing with people that actually listen. Team TS4 only listens to each other, so whatever chatter is spouted within the community, they don't give a flying fig unless of course you are one of them AKA a Yib. If you happen to be a Yib, then the rule is to put on the happy face and tell EA that what they've created is the best thing ever with a smile that is just as fake as the gushing over the garbage EA is charging people money for.

Yes but being quiet also translates to No longer making purchases for the game. If people eventually get tired of the ongoing crap on the forums, and feel they are not being heard....which is what is happening now. The fan base will eventually decide, "well shit...why spend money on this if I'm not getting what I want, or if they don't listen to me. I'll spend my money on another game." I mean, that's what I've done.... and I gave this game a good shot. I bought the overly priced base game, I bought the first EP and the GP's and SP's that followed. The game is crap... it's just not living up to the expectation of where this game should be now. Even those who defend it...they will tire of it, especially if they keep pushing out the limitations and no content that we've been getting.

And the forums are a great measuring tool for the success of a game, and as a fan...you can only post so many threads or participate in so many that are about the same thing over and over again before you just give up. The Devs over at EA/Maxis can continue to ignore everyone while lying to us by saying "we're listening" all they want...but at the end of the day...when a majority of the Sims Fan base gives them the big F'ck you... and this franchise goes belly up.... they will be the ones responsible and most likely out of a job. Their gushing smiles will turn upside down, and they will be looking for a new game to destroy.

I doubt seriously that EA/Maxis will put anymore money into it if the fans stop buying it...and I mean on every level of buying it. Stop buying the game, Stop buying the bullshit.... etc. they will get rid of the Sims Studio, use it for a new franchise, and that will be that.

I just hope, like I said in a previous post.... that there is some brilliant genius out there who can create a new sims game, and give us all what we want.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#288 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 5:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
I completely agree. I agreed with your point in your first post as well, but there are people around ( not necessarily on MTS) that honestly believe that they are being 'listened to.' As far as the community goes, the only people listening are fans to other fans. Whether they agree with each other or spend their time butting heads is a whole other issue.

I've spent zero dollars on this version of the game. I've been saying for 2 years if people want EA to listen, they need to speak with their wallet. Almost every time I say that, somebody gets mad and all in a huff which leads to lectures about how I have no right to tell people how to spend their money which is not what I'm doing. Money is the only language EA understands and if a person wants to change, one has to speak the same language.

Now that one of the gurus has come out and said in simple English that they did what they wanted with this new expansion pack, maybe that will curb the whole 'we're listening' crap. People are going to trot off to that blog post and say "No you're not! See, you said you're not right here!" I doubt it, but it would be nice as it doesn't mean anything. One can only say stuff like that for so long before it starts to raise a few eyebrows.

Knowing then what I know now...I would either have never bought it...or at least returned it. But you know...I wanted to give it a chance. And I agree with you about how there is always someone out there on those forums just ready to scold you for anything negative that is said about the game. But I know people will get tired of the forums. I am. I've gone over there a couple times, mostly lurking...but it's the same ole crap...they are all just arguing about the same thing. There are so many threads about how bad the game is, just different thread titles. And there is no point in even making a thread about a new idea for the game...I don't even know why that category exists on that forum at all.

didn't know that one of the gurus had said that they were doing what they wanted, that is just well...I have a list of swear words that would probably get me banned at this point.... I'm sure the happier butt kissing fan base will be fine with it....for now. But money is what is going to shut them up. I do think that the peeps might hold out for just a bit longer... but a majority of the fan base has already said they wont buy this City EP.

Because this franchise has so many different playing styles...it's not going to die out exactly like Sim City did... but it will fizzle. Unless the gurus and EA / Maxis pulls some magic out of their asses and fixes the game...not likely though.

I would be so thrilled if it just ended. I'm happy coming here and getting some good CC and mods for TS3. I can wait to spend my money until someone really talented comes along and create a new game.
Mad Poster
#289 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 6:43 AM
I went ahead and patched today and wanted to look at the DOD items as I like DOD items. It has been so long since I have played 4 that I was having to look around and figure it out again! I had forgotten how to do things in it! Pretty doggone sad. And I looked at them and thought I do like them, and then exited the game.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#290 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 7:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I went ahead and patched today and wanted to look at the DOD items as I like DOD items. It has been so long since I have played 4 that I was having to look around and figure it out again! I had forgotten how to do things in it! Pretty doggone sad. And I looked at them and thought I do like them, and then exited the game.

ahhhh damn!!! that was hysterical. I do that too!!! Playing TS4 is like getting up and going into the kitchen...then forgetting why you went in there. The last time I was in the game, was to build a house....and that's been at least 3 months now. I never finished building it. so about 2 weeks or so ago, I go into the game to look at the house. I bulldozed it, saved, and exited the game. Then loaded up TS3 and played for like 4 hours.
Theorist
#291 Old 28th Sep 2016 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by thevogel
Yes but being quiet also translates to No longer making purchases for the game.

That's pretty much what I did, I haven't purchased anything for Sims 4 since the base game, I returned to Sims 2 a while ago and am actually having fun once more. I wish I could give them my money for a better, improved and more sophisticated version of Sims 2, but it's just not happening atm and probably won't ever happen again.

Really by this point I would be happy with a remake of Sims 2 that just improves the graphics and fixes some of the inherent problems in the code. I'd pay double of Sims 4's retail price and name my first child after Rachel for that (not really)

My dream for Sims 5 is that it would be made with the love that was put into every detail of Sims 2, the freedom of Sims 3 and the convenience of Sims 4 (I'm talking mostly the build mode and CAS here) key to that would be an option to toggle between "Living Neighbourhood(Sims 3)" and "Rotational (Play Sims 2)" game modes the "Worst of both worlds" approach Sims 4 took is helping nobody; I can't play dollhouse and those who enjoyed the Open World got a smaller, shoddier version of it.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#292 Old 29th Sep 2016 at 12:06 AM Last edited by thevogel : 29th Sep 2016 at 7:01 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
That's pretty much what I did, I haven't purchased anything for Sims 4 since the base game, I returned to Sims 2 a while ago and am actually having fun once more. I wish I could give them my money for a better, improved and more sophisticated version of Sims 2, but it's just not happening atm and probably won't ever happen again.

Really by this point I would be happy with a remake of Sims 2 that just improves the graphics and fixes some of the inherent problems in the code. I'd pay double of Sims 4's retail price and name my first child after Rachel for that (not really)

My dream for Sims 5 is that it would be made with the love that was put into every detail of Sims 2, the freedom of Sims 3 and the convenience of Sims 4 (I'm talking mostly the build mode and CAS here) key to that would be an option to toggle between "Living Neighborhood(Sims 3)" and "Rotational (Play Sims 2)" game modes the "Worst of both worlds" approach Sims 4 took is helping nobody; I can't play dollhouse and those who enjoyed the Open World got a smaller, shoddier version of it.

I like your idea with Sims 5. Maybe they could even put The Sims theme song back in it. Yes it would be great if the Developers could love the game again.... it would make all the difference. I don't think EA/Maxis would let them do that unless... Like we have been saying...we all stop buying it. You were smart not to buy TS4 EPs and GP's and SPs. From what I've read on the forums, and from my own playing experience with TS4...I just wont ever buy another thing associated with it.

I will have to dig out my Sims 2 games. I think I had everything except Apartment Life. Couldn't afford it at the time, and then when I did have money, TS3 had come out....so I just bought it instead.

Edit: So if the Gurus finally answer the Toddler question....and said No. I think that would definitely kill the game. Most of the builders have already jumped ship. I'm sure there would still be a trickle of players after that...but not much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#293 Old 4th Oct 2016 at 9:20 PM
Well... with the New City Life coming out...all I see are similarities to Sim City 2013. More limitations and left over content to be sold in a separate pack. EA/Maxis definitely did not learn from that disaster.
Page 12 of 12