Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:11 PM Last edited by emile20 : 19th Apr 2015 at 11:50 AM. Reason: solution
Alien to Sim - Sim to Alien - SOLVED
Can a brilliant modder create a mod that allows us to turn human sims to alien sims without losing their look! It was possible in ts3 please make it possible in the sims 4GTW thanks!

I found the solution with this mod:
get this debug mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735, installed it then when in game shift+left click -> Cheat sim info -> Add trait -> Alien
________ on this list there are 3 alien traits one being Alien then two Alien Undisguised choose the first listed Alien.The trick is after selecting the Alien trait immediately click on your sim and click alter disguise while your sim is still in their original form and therefore the disguise remains!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 3:22 PM
testingcheats on
shift+left click -> Cheat sim info -> Occult -> Make alien.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 4:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by indigoskycaller
testingcheats on

Yes, but then then they would lose their look, and as OP specified, we want a way to keep their looks (as their human form/disguise)

If you do that, when they switch to their human form, they'll look entirely different than when they were a human. We want a way to add an alien form while still keeping the human form intact and unedited.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 4:37 PM
testingcheats on

REALLY!? It's that easy?! WHY didn't I know this?
Field Researcher
#5 Old 12th Apr 2015 at 5:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lauren_Cheerio
Yes, but then then they would lose their look, and as OP specified, we want a way to keep their looks (as their human form/disguise)

If you do that, when they switch to their human form, they'll look entirely different than when they were a human. We want a way to add an alien form while still keeping the human form intact and unedited.

I used it more than once and my sims' looks didn't change. :/
Instructor
#6 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 7:42 AM Last edited by DiAnkhiar : 16th Apr 2015 at 7:54 AM.
Oh wow, how interesting. That might actually be the solution to a lot of my problems. testing it right now
Theorist
#7 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:24 PM
Tried this last night. Wasn't mentioned, but this mod is required to get "Cheat sim info". http://modthesims.info/d/532735

Sadly, my sim's appearance and body changed drastically. Her skintone also changed at least 2-shades darker. Thinking it's a fluke, I tried this 3 or 4 times. Same result every time. The only thing that didn't change was her outfit.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 5:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GnatGoSplat
Tried this last night. Wasn't mentioned, but this mod is required to get "Cheat sim info". http://modthesims.info/d/532735

Sadly, my sim's appearance and body changed drastically. Her skintone also changed at least 2-shades darker. Thinking it's a fluke, I tried this 3 or 4 times. Same result every time. The only thing that didn't change was her outfit.

But isn't this mod in ridiculous need for an update? Last time I used it, I had problems with my Sims' needs.
Theorist
#9 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 6:11 PM
It might need an update, but I didn't know any other way to get a "Cheat sim info" option to show up. Is there another way? That mod is all that shows up when I Google it.

Resident wet blanket.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 6:18 PM
@GnatGoSplat What do you mean by cheat sim info? I know there are console commands to most of the options available in that mod.
Instructor
#11 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 6:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
But isn't this mod in ridiculous need for an update? Last time I used it, I had problems with my Sims' needs.
People keep saying that, but I took out the .py file from the zip and put the .pyo file in a zip all of its own. I put the .zip file containing only the .pyo file in my mods folder. Since I did that, the mod keeps working perfectly for me, even with Get To Work.
I even double checked the Python code itself to make sure what was going on, but all it does is disable the check for cheat/debug interactions. None of the available interactions that show up are made by this mod, but are all made by Maxis, the mod simply disables the check for these interactions to stay hidden. As far as I can tell, the Pyhton functions this particular mod uses to unlock these interactions hasn't changed with patches (yet). I have been using this mod with Get To Work and so far it's been working fine.

This space intentionally left blank...
Theorist
#12 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaspookaboo
@GnatGoSplat What do you mean by cheat sim info? I know there are console commands to most of the options available in that mod.

On the 2nd post where @indigoskycaller describes how to turn a sim into an alien:

testingcheats on

The "Cheat sim info" menu option doesn't show up without the debug mod.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 7:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
People keep saying that, but I took out the .py file from the zip and put the .pyo file in a zip all of its own. I put the .zip file containing only the .pyo file in my mods folder. Since I did that, the mod keeps working perfectly for me, even with Get To Work.
I even double checked the Python code itself to make sure what was going on, but all it does is disable the check for cheat/debug interactions. None of the available interactions that show up are made by this mod, but are all made by Maxis, the mod simply disables the check for these interactions to stay hidden. As far as I can tell, the Pyhton functions this particular mod uses to unlock these interactions hasn't changed with patches (yet). I have been using this mod with Get To Work and so far it's been working fine.

So just get rid of the py file and it works? Awesome.
Instructor
#14 Old 16th Apr 2015 at 9:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So just get rid of the py file and it works? Awesome.
That's what worked for me, anyways, I haven't had any confirmation from anyone else on this.

This space intentionally left blank...
Deceased
#15 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 12:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nukael
That's what worked for me, anyways, I haven't had any confirmation from anyone else on this.

I haven't touched the debug mod at all and it still works perfectly fine for me.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I haven't touched the debug mod at all and it still works perfectly fine for me.

Works perfectly fine for me too
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 2:34 PM
Oh thank God! It works again. I missed this mod so much XD
Theorist
#18 Old 17th Apr 2015 at 11:49 PM
I didn't touch the debug mod and I think it's working fine for me too.
Although now, I'm determined to find a way to change an existing sim into an alien while keeping her appearance. 2 people disagreed with @Lauren_Cheerio about the sim's appearance changing, so I'd really like to know what's the trick? Or is it just some people don't pay that close of attention to their sim's appearance and didn't notice it changed?

I've been trying to hex edit the .householdbinary file to try adding the alien occult that way, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to decode binary files.

In TS3, MasterController would let you change a sim's appearance to that of any in the sim bin, and Awesomemod had bodysnatch that could let one sim steal another's appearance. I wonder if there's anything like that for TS4?

Resident wet blanket.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 19th Apr 2015 at 11:47 AM
Hi guys thank you so much for the feedback, I found the solution to keep their appearance. If I didn't do this they lost their skin and features. I got this debug mod: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=532735, installed it then when in game shift+left click -> Cheat sim info -> Add trait -> Alien
________ on this list there are 3 alien traits one being Alien then two Alien Undisguised. I played around and the trick is after selecting the Alien trait immediately click on your sim and click alter disguise while your sim is still in their original form and therefore the disguise remains!
Theorist
#20 Old 22nd Apr 2015 at 4:51 PM
Awesome, your way works, @emile20. Thanks!
Only thing a bit annoying is the alien bodies (female ones, anyway) look much heavier than the sim bodies so my sim appears to gain a lot of weight switching to alien form and losing a lot switching to disguised human form.

Resident wet blanket.
Test Subject
#21 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 2:36 PM
How come the title of this tread is "alian to sim - sim to alian" but all you talk about ise coverting a sim to an alian, the other way round i.e. alian to sim?

Where is the answer to that second half of the title?
Scholar
#22 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 4:59 PM
Will editing the sim in CAS mess up the alien form?

So be it. Move. ~Jason Bourne
Simblr
Mad Poster
#23 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 8:38 PM
You can make aliens in CAS (most recent patch, plus GTW - not sure which one triggered it). I more or less accidentally created one today, before I saw I'd clicked the "make an alien" instead of "make a sim".

You can also disguise your alien with a human look (and change their look to your heart's content). It's an option when you click on an alien sim (takes you to a slightly stripped down CAS). From there you can switch between the alien and human look. I'm not sure if changing their human body changes their alien body, though.