Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Feb 2024 at 4:17 PM Last edited by awesomekateface : 27th Feb 2024 at 9:39 PM.
Default FPS is chugging every 10, in game, minutes.
When in live mode, the frame rate drastically plummets from 144 to 0 every 10 minutes, especially noticeable when accelerating time. Interestingly, this issue appears absent in a test neighbourhood with all my custom content, but persists in my primary Pleasant View.

Initially, I experienced pink flashing, which was resolved by deleting thumbnails. This problem has only surfaced recently, despite having a slightly lower amount of CC installed than my usual 13.3GB. It's worth noting that my PC, on its own, seems unaffected, as the test neighborhood runs exceptionally smoothly.

I've used Mootilda's hood checker, confirming that all is well in that department. Furthermore, my game is installed on an SSD for optimal performance.

Currently, I am running on 1000 MB of forced memory (which has always worked well) in the graphics rules maker.

I launch with RCP and I am uncertain whether the issue stems from a specific setting, or graphics rules.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions, as identifying the root cause remains elusive at this point.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 5:51 PM
Does this happen in all households? Is there anything in particular happening?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 12:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by noprobllama
Does this happen in all households? Is there anything in particular happening?

The issue is most apparent in my current household, comprising two adults and a baby. Despite relocating them to a new house, the problem keeps happening, even on lowest (small) neighbourhood view on.

I tested in other houses in Pleasantview and in an eight-member household, the drops were less pronounced than in the three-sim household, but still it remains noticeable, especially when the game speed is set to 2 or 3.

In a two-sim household, featuring newly created CAS sims and the issue seems much less prominent in this scenario. The frame rate drops to 10 fps instead of hitting zero, indicating a relatively smoother experience.

There's nothing else going on like snow or anything, just letting them freewill around the house.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 1:05 PM
Do any of the sims on that lot have custom content on them? Do any of the passers-by? Might be worth checking whether you have any high-poly CC, if you have several residents wearing complex CC this can cause considerable overhead.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 4:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
Do any of the sims on that lot have custom content on them? Do any of the passers-by? Might be worth checking whether you have any high-poly CC, if you have several residents wearing complex CC this can cause considerable overhead.

I don't think so but I'll try loading that lot with only mods and no sim CC and see if it helps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 4:29 PM Last edited by awesomekateface : 3rd Mar 2024 at 4:47 PM.

No it didn't help. I did move all their items from the old house to this one so and going to try now with no buy mode CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 4:48 PM

Removed buy mode CC and no difference, just to check I put move objects on and deleted the oldest sim and then it ran fine with him off of the lot.

Do you think it could be his memories? I'm not sure how to check a sim for corruption.