Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 12:33 AM
Default I Need Help To Open Wordpad/word With S3pe!!! Please, Help Me
Hello all!

I don't know what happened that I just can't select to open a .xml file in wordpad/notepad - from S3PE menu - to edit the .xml.
I've downloaded Notepad++ but it's too complicated for me.
I just want to change a value in a mod... only that.
I've tried in every way I could, read all configs of Notepad++, changed my PC configs to open wordpad/notepad in certain programs, but in S3PE the option to "open with" is blank.
Any help will be much appreciated.

p.s. please, don't judge me if I don't have the same knowledge as you do. I'm trying to learn but... I think I'm too old for that!

Be kind, be thankful, be nice. It doesn't cost money, at all; only kindness is needed.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 1:35 AM
I'm a little unsure what it might be that you're looking at, as S3PE doesn't have an Open With prompt- but here is a screenshot of what to look for.

Right click the _XML resource and the option for standard Notepad should by default already be the last entry in the menu.
And if you ever do get used to Notepad++, under Settings > External Programs is where you link it as the external text editor. Then that will be the program that opens when you pick Text Editor.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2024 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
I'm a little unsure what it might be that you're looking at, as S3PE doesn't have an Open With prompt- but here is a screenshot of what to look for.

Right click the _XML resource and the option for standard Notepad should by default already be the last entry in the menu.
And if you ever do get used to Notepad++, under Settings > External Programs is where you link it as the external text editor. Then that will be the program that opens when you pick Text Editor.

@CardinaSims, good afternoon!
Thank you very much for your kindness!
I expressed myself wrong... When I was looking for answers about it, here in MTS, I found that very sad news about Cmar and Rebecah...so I forgot what I was supposed to ask.
When I wrote my ''ask'', I was crying...so... Old age make us act like that... Sorry!
Yes, that's exactly what is missing in my S3PE options: ''Notepad"(at the bottom-> it's blank).
Maybe my S3PE is some old version... @Knight kindly gave me a link to download it again. I'll download S3PE again and see if it's the issue.
And thank you for showing me what to do with Notepad++
Very kind of you! Thank you very much!

Be kind, be thankful, be nice. It doesn't cost money, at all; only kindness is needed.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Jan 2024 at 1:41 PM
@CardinalSims - I've downloaded the S3PE again and the version I had was the issue.
Now everything is working fine and I could change some values of a mod.
Thank you very much for your help!
Have a nice day! 😘