Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 5:23 PM
Default My new video about Susan
https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/who-is-...san-wainwright/

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

My main site is at https://www.ncls.it/unigaia/

Just a girl on Entropy’s Side
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 5:57 PM
Screenshots

If I lived on Mars, I would be pleased because the Earth is not my cup of tea
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#3 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 8:00 PM
Well I think it's cool, it's an informative video and well made, and at the end of the video it explains that it was made as part of college coursework, so it's done for educational purposes. Also the OP has been working hard to overcome difficulties.

Well done @Luvicsiana (but try to remember to keep the stuff about your personal interest/ game to one thread so that you don't spam the forum with too much content).

To everyone else- please try to remember that we all have different abilities and passions, and though every single person here is eligible to have the mickey mercilessly ripped out of them, try to be nice about it because, after all, MTS is a nice forum.
Instructor
#4 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 10:43 PM
Hi Gaia!
I thought you said you'd moved on from Sims 3, you sly dog...

I went through a small phase making TS1 speedbuild videos a few years back. I wish I could have done that for college!

Scribe of tutorials. Oracle of questions at NRaas. Blog staller at thecardinalsims. Feel free to @ me for input on any TS3/TS4 modding questions.
Test Subject
#5 Old 20th Feb 2024 at 10:55 PM
I have a soft spot for the Wainwright family. A few years ago I redid their house and liked it so much that I always temporarily move Susan and Boyd out, replace their house, then move them into the redo. Blair gets moved into her parents home so she can spend more time with them and have the space to concentrate on her career in law enforcement. It always works out well for them in Sunset Valley.
*And more than a few times I've used that redo for my own Sims outside of Sunset Valley

It's great that you used a Sims 3 family for your coursework, wishing you all the good things
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 9:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
Hi Gaia!
I thought you said you'd moved on from Sims 3, you sly dog...

I went through a small phase making TS1 speedbuild videos a few years back. I wish I could have done that for college!

It’s still part of me and influences my life and tastes in characters

I might end up 🆙 playing sims 2 instead

Alolissimo Pomel of Goldel Lucentel, it's me, the Fandom Gremlin and Different Twin.

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 10:28 AM
You should have a go on Sims 1 also, there are some great characters in that and it's easy to get going on new PCs.
Theorist
#8 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek

More like...

https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2...jpMk0/giphy.gif
Instructor
#9 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 8:37 PM
Hai sicuramente un'abilità unica nell'impersonare un sim

LGBTQ+. Fans of RAMMSTEIN, GOJIRA and Architects. Check out my favorite YouTube channels: Second Thought, Adam Something, Climate Town, and Not Just Bikes
Instructor
#10 Old 21st Feb 2024 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
try to be nice about it because, after all, MTS is a nice forum.

As much as I wish this was true, I don't think it is. It at least doesn't have the reputation of being nice- I've seen multiple people in discussions about the official forums going down immediately rule out MTS as a potential new home for their content and community posts, with the general attitude of the site being the reason :c

As quiet as it is, somehow still seeing the same recycled snarkiness + circulating drama gets old pretty fast. It's definitely harder to feel at ease here versus the NRaas forums, where the very first posting guideline is to be polite and not disparage other users. There isn't an equivalent rule here, besides moderators being allowed to intervene on full blown arguments- but it's easy to be cruel, sardonic, and unwelcoming without ever escalating to that point.

Not to derail too much, I guess this comment just stuck in my mind. The site can ultimately take whatever form it wants, I just know I stall uploading my projects not just for perfectionism, but because it's a hard sell to upload something that took months of work somewhere the people I want to share with don't feel welcome.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by legacyoffailures
Hai sicuramente un'abilità unica nell'impersonare un sim
Polish translation for those who don't speak Italian:
Z pewnością masz wyjątkową umiejętność wcielania się w Sima

Theorist
#12 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 9:40 AM
The only people that are going to get the point of the gif I posted are those that have seen the movie Ground Hog Day. It has nothing to do with me trying to impersonate a sim, Bill Murray or a ground hog.

In the movie Ground Hog Day, Bill Murray has to relive the same day over and over again. It is a appropriate response to this whole Susan Wainwright thing. It keeps showing up over and over and over again even though we were told it was going to stop. If a person is having issues with life that they can't figure out on their own, they should go to therapy. A fictional character from a video game isn't going to fix it.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#13 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 10:06 AM
As much as I wish this was true, I don't think it is. It at least doesn't have the reputation of being nice- I've seen multiple people in discussions about the official forums going down immediately rule out MTS as a potential new home for their content and community posts, with the general attitude of the site being the reason :c

That's sad, I always try to be nice unless someone gives me reason to not be (one case recently was when someone I was helping sent me a private message insulting the other people who had tried to help them in the threads, so I had a go at them! ) I usually try to be jokey but often it's difficult for that to come across on the forums, but usually things are cleared up. There is only one person here I can think of who I would call nasty, I think most people can identify that poster and probably,like me, have them on ignore. But I do think we are mostly nice here, there's quite a high rate of help threads being answered and solved, especially in the modding forums (where we have some really clever regulars to answer technical details).
I do wish there was more active forum moderation though, there don't seem to be many staff members who post and mingle on a frequent basis like their used to be.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 2:28 PM

I think this forum is pretty chill, compared to both the old official forums and Answers HQ. Trust me--I wouldn't be posting here regularly if it was bad.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#15 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
As for the Susan posts, I deleted my message about that and will show some restraint and not say more. At least for now. It will be up to the mods to decide how to handle this? Again.

Oh I hope you didn't delete because of what I said, we are all entitled to our opinions and I was just expressing mine. It differs from yours but, what do I know anyway? I've worked in my career with many people with different mental and physical health abilities and disabilities though, and I always try not to be cruel to people. Although, I can never resist a bit of snark now and then! I'm sure many have me on ignore.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 22nd Feb 2024 at 7:17 PM Last edited by thesims1depot : 22nd Feb 2024 at 7:31 PM.
As this has totally derailed... I still like this site but the activity has clearly tanked in terms of people who post here. Maybe 40-50 at the most and maybe 20 on a regular basis?

I am noticing dwindling participation across the board, even on Tumblr and YouTube. I think something has happened to cyberspace in general. I can't tell what happened, but it I've felt a huge shift in the air in every forum or community I've been in post-pandemic. Something doesn't feel quite right these days. I can't place my finger on it, but I feel like this guy whenever I'm online now:

Instructor
#17 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 12:04 AM
I did not think my post was cruel at all and said I hoped she could get help and live a better life. She clearly is up to her old habits again though, so it will be up to the decision makers here to decide what to do, if anything, this time, if this continues?

I didn't see the original, but it doesn't sound cruel- though perhaps just a little rude to weigh in on a stranger's mental wellbeing when they did not ask. This may not be a post that everyone 'gets', but the spirit of wanting to share something about the sims is there I think the forums can survive a semi-regular Susan post.

/

On the other hand, I have a major distaste for mocking others well-intentioned behaviour. Shame exists to be put on those who are in the wrong. Why pass it out to everyone who is just different?
Statements about getting therapy are also transparently rude.

Feel free to correct me if I speak out of turn, Gaia-
I've chat with Luvicsiana on Tumblr and follow her blog, and she's perfectly intelligent and funny and passionate as any other member of the community. Communicating is just different, and often through the device of characters.
We both have autism, just in different forms, so I'm a little more familiar with conversations like that. I can't speak on her behalf, but if there are some people here unfamiliar with special interests- they're a pretty standard thing. Yes, having something that you love so much that it floods your brain with a million times the regular serotonin can be overwhelming sometimes or even interfere with daily life. Whether assistance is needed in that regard is entirely between that person and their health provider, and not the business of strangers on a forum.

Being able to share that interest with others is a very lovely outlet to have
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 6:05 PM
I realized something else about Susan: 2017 me saw her as someone who's been my friend since 2007 so of course I saw her as already being born in 2004 when georgia changed to the new flag which I associated with her: because ofc a 3 and 11 year old would'nt have been friends with each other.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 2nd Mar 2024 at 9:30 PM
I wish Susan wasn’t as taboo to me anymore. She needs to wholly become fictional to my eyes and mind.

Once she’s not taboo to me, I will finally be able to play the sims 3 again!

Field Researcher
#20 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 2:36 PM

You have to stop posting about her from now on. This is the first step to letting go and moving forward.
Screenshots

Forum Resident
#21 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 2:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek

You have to stop posting about her from now on. This is the first step to letting go and moving forward.

It's not so much to stop posting, but for her to simply come to the realization that ALL Sims, 1, 2, 3, 4, are meshes and texture images, given names and appearances by someone working for EA, and nothing more or less... INCLUDING Susan. She is a SIMulation, not a real person she will ever have tea with.

She also needs to understand that we can't really "help" her with this addiction, and find someone near her to talk to, face to face. As things slow around here, and elsewhere, this stuff has been a form of entertainment, but it's still a lost soul crying for attention.

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 9:43 PM
This is very true, and the question is how long MTS will continue to enable it, this time?

If you think this thread needs staff intervention, report it.
If you think this person needs to stop posting, just ignore their posts instead of responding.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 10:23 PM
I personally do not see the harm. Luvicsiana's posts about Susan aren't mean, foul language, abusive or hurting anyone. And... they do appear to be conversation starters!

Shiny, happy people make me puke!
Instructor
#24 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 10:39 PM
If only we could all collectively pour our problem-solving skills into one more useful braincell, capable of determining which is more annoying and spammy to the site between one (1) addition by someone to their own thread or the multiple kneejerk reactions to her perceived well-being and the circular discourse that follows
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#25 Old 3rd Mar 2024 at 11:06 PM
So you think Wojtek, who has 2 agrees that are not me, posting she needs to stop posting is fine? And GC posting she needs to go to therapy is fine?

Why does it matter what I think?
Page 1 of 2