Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 12:35 PM
Default Dirty guinea pig thread
For those who don't know: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/sci/tech/746700.stm

This is a thread dedicated to the formerly contagious and lethal plague that originated from sims not cleaning a guinea pig's cage. Also, is there a Sims 2 dirty guinea pig mod out there? If so, I'd totally download that.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 1:25 PM
I've never experienced TS2 sims getting sick from guinea pigs. This was just a TS1 thing. Can't say I know of a mod that adds the feature to the cage, either (there are disease mods with lethal disease, though).
Mad Poster
#3 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 3:38 PM
If you buy the Guinea Pig poster in Sims1, your sims will be immune to the disease.

For a Guinea Pig Plague mod for Sims2, ask in WCIF.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 12:24 PM
Ha ha! I remember the first time I lost a Sim to guinea pig disease. I didn't know about the poster initially, but even after I did, I didn't always put one up. It was fun to see if the Sims would get it or not, since it was not a guarantee. It also wasn't a guarantee of death, either, if I'm remembering right. Disease in The Sims 2 had nothing on Sims 1. Leaving the code to lead to death made the game more interesting. I must not have had a version of the game that fixed it.

That's one really fun and very old article. Thanks for sharing.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Theorist
#5 Old 8th Dec 2013 at 12:32 PM
I never ever had a sim die or get sick from the guinea pig disease in all my years of playing TS1 and I almost always used to buy a guinea pig for my sim children so it's not as if they didn't have plenty of chances to snuff it!

That article does make me laugh - I particularly liked the quote "People are very upset by this aspect of reality being added unannounced to the game". . . especially when you think about all the unexpected things added to the later games!

"Your life was a liner I voyaged in."