Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 2:06 AM
Default Advise regarding a island that thinks it's a counter
I downloaded a kitchen set, that I really like, but the sims throw a little tantrum and stomp their wee feet when I ask them to sit at the island. I think the thought bubble is a counter. Is it possible that the island is misidentified as a counter in the file?

I sent an ask on the artist's Tumblr, and they have not responded. Granted, it has only been a couple of days, but the blog hasn't been updated in 14 months so maybe they are busy doing other stuff. I thought I'd give it another week or so and maybe try modifying the file myself to see if I could convince it that it is truly an island and sims are allowed to sit there and eat their sandwich.

Could modifying the file in SimPE fix it? And how does one convince an island it is truly an island? Or am I likely to bork my game with a mangled file and I should just give up and put a table in wee Samantha's kitchen?

Thank you for your time and your advice.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 7:10 AM
Some suggestions:

You could have a look at what Globals it is using - I don't know whether there are different ones for counters vs islands, but there might be.

Is there a chance anything is blocking the sims? wall beside the island, deco on top...Have you tried it in an empty space, with just the counter and stool, and no possibility that something is blocking access?

Have you tried a Maxis island in the same position, to confirm it is actually the CC object that has the problem?

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 11:35 AM Last edited by FrancesWeyr : 13th Jul 2024 at 12:27 PM. Reason: fixed and oops
Quote: Originally posted by aelflaed
Some suggestions:

You could have a look at what Globals it is using - I don't know whether there are different ones for counters vs islands, but there might be.

Is there a chance anything is blocking the sims? wall beside the island, deco on top...Have you tried it in an empty space, with just the counter and stool, and no possibility that something is blocking access?

Have you tried a Maxis island in the same position, to confirm it is actually the CC object that has the problem?

Before I posted I tried putting a different island in the same spot and it was usable. I also placed random islands with stools in the sims yard (it looked like Home Depot was having a sidewalk sale) and the other islands were fine.

Maybe I’ll compare to the global of a known good Island
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 13th Jul 2024 at 12:53 PM Last edited by FrancesWeyr : 13th Jul 2024 at 1:03 PM. Reason: new info
Some suggestions:

?

Okay, I opened the island in SimPE and when I clicked on "GLOBAL Date" and then "semi global file" I got the error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." So could that be the issue? And how does one fix that?

Okay, never mind, it didn't do that the second time I opened the file.
Alchemist
#5 Old 15th Jul 2024 at 2:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FrancesWeyr
[I]Okay, never mind, it didn't do that the second time I opened the file.

Counters and Islands share the same semi-global, once I checked.
But they have a different Function-Init BHAV which looks like it is telling them whether to behave as a counter or as an island. You can open the doubtful object and see whether the correct BHAV is being called.

The Shakerlicious Island has this line :
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My attribute 0x0000 ("Counter Type") := Const 0x2004:0x01 ("Island" Value: 0x0001))

whereas the counter has:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My attribute 0x0000 ("Counter Type") := Const 0x2004:0x00 ("Counter" Value: 0x0000))

What kitchen set are you trying to use? If we know which it is, someone may have insight specific to that island.

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 12:05 AM
Counters and Islands share the same semi-global, once I checked.
But they have a different Function-Init BHAV which looks like it is telling them whether to behave as a counter or as an island. You can open the doubtful object and see whether the correct BHAV is being called.

The Shakerlicious Island has this line :
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My attribute 0x0000 ("Counter Type") := Const 0x2004:0x01 ("Island" Value: 0x0001))

whereas the counter has:
[prim 0x0002] Expression (My attribute 0x0000 ("Counter Type") := Const 0x2004:0x00 ("Counter" Value: 0x0000))

What kitchen set are you trying to use? If we know which it is, someone may have insight specific to that island.

https://thimblesims.tumblr.com/post...inally-this-set

It's a conversion from the Sims 4 Country Kitchen Set.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 19th Jul 2024 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
The mesh is backwards. Put the stool on the "face" side of the island and it works.

Oh. I didn't think of that.

Thank you