Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 6:03 PM
Default Weird Bodyshop Projects
This happens to only MY projects and not any other CC! They're blurry. But that's not the only problem and I've seen the SimWiki solution. The blurriness spreads! I don't know if that's the expected behaviour of blurry projects but it's really bizarre! See the screenshots below (You might need to go to the link at Imagevenue to make them bigger and see the differences) :

With my project (the lipstick). I've added to the Sim a leopard eyeshadow (by bruno) to make the blurriness more apparent.

Without my lipstick

With another lipstick from another creator (NaturaLips from bruno as well)

Please, help! I can't even make anything in BodyShop, only Sims...

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 6:07 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 21st Jan 2024 at 6:30 PM.
Check the textures. If they're smaller than 512x512 for the makeup, you need to do the Bodyshop fix from the Wiki in the GraphicRules file (and make sure to do it in CSConfig (not the Config folder) for your latest EP (M&G, or whichever EP is your latest by original single-pack EA release).

If the makeup blurs other makeup/textures in the face (edited to clarify), it's likely using smaller textures, which is somehow triggering smaller mipmaps for the skins, too.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 6:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Check the textures. If they're smaller than 512x512 for the makeup, you need to do the Bodyshop fix from the Wiki in the GraphicRules file (and make sure to do it in CSConfig (not the Config folder) for your latest EP (M&G, or whichever EP is your latest by original single-pack EA release).

If the makeup blurs other makeup, it's likely using smaller textures, which is somehow triggering smaller mipmaps for the skins, too.

It doesn't only blur other makeup too though, it blurs eyes and maybe hair, it was just not visible enough.
I'll check the textures. Thanks!

Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 6:40 PM
It can blur anything in the face, if it tries to use the smaller mipmaps (the smaller textures normally used when you're further away with the camera, or if you're using lower graphic settings).
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2024 at 7:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
It can blur anything in the face, if it tries to use the smaller mipmaps (the smaller textures normally used when you're further away with the camera, or if you're using lower graphic settings).

Oh, I see.