Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 2:56 PM
Default s3oc and s3pe help?
Hello, new to custom content making. I'm trying to clone specific objects I found that can't be bought or seen in plain sight (such as for example, a canteen bottle) so that I can then either buy them/use them later for other purposes.
But I'm having some troubles with this. I would like for this canteen bottle object to work as an orange juice box, so I'm trying to check all the same boxes the juice box has, but the canteen has some boxes greyed out that the orange juice doesn't, and those boxes are ticked in the orange juice box, so it seems like those are the essential functions of the juice box.
Is there a workaround for this?
Canteen:
Name GUID 0xCBF29CE484222325

FoodSnackJuice:
Name GUID 0x2F5DA8983D5276E0

Also, does someone has a comprehensive list of scripts like:
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Appliances.HotBeverageMachine+Cup
Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.TombObjects.InscriptionPlaque
Etc... I can't find a full list or at least one that has many of them.
Thank you in advance
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 5th Sep 2024 at 10:36 PM
Forum Resident
#3 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 2:12 AM
This would be a little more involved than just matching flags- these are just placement / build-buy category options that aren't necessarily related to how the object functions.

You'd likely need to clone the juice box and replace the mesh and textures with that of the canteen + change the script, or at least the canteen mesh would need to be checked for where it is placed and what bone assignment it has to make sure it could be held in a sims hand like the juice box.
Arsil's Custom Beverages linked above has some great alternative scripts, too.

The best way to check the game scripts would be to follow the Script Modding Tutorial on how to extract the game dlls, so that you have them on hand to view in a program like ILSPY.
Otherwise, you can also just clone items that have the script and look at their OBJK. The Transmogrifer mod and NRaas DebugEnabler can also allow you to look at the script names of objects ingame.

Lastly, for future reference, this help section is more for issues with the game itself- the Create forum is where questions about custom content creation go. This just helps the users with the relevant experience find the post, as CC creators may not be checking the game help section!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 3:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
This might help you
https://modthesims.info/download.php?t=579816

Wow! Thank you for this, I'll be sure to check it out!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 3:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CardinalSims
This would be a little more involved than just matching flags- these are just placement / build-buy category options that aren't necessarily related to how the object functions.

You'd likely need to clone the juice box and replace the mesh and textures with that of the canteen + change the script, or at least the canteen mesh would need to be checked for where it is placed and what bone assignment it has to make sure it could be held in a sims hand like the juice box.
Arsil's Custom Beverages linked above has some great alternative scripts, too.

The best way to check the game scripts would be to follow the Script Modding Tutorial on how to extract the game dlls, so that you have them on hand to view in a program like ILSPY.
Otherwise, you can also just clone items that have the script and look at their OBJK. The Transmogrifer mod and NRaas DebugEnabler can also allow you to look at the script names of objects ingame.

Lastly, for future reference, this help section is more for issues with the game itself- the Create forum is where questions about custom content creation go. This just helps the users with the relevant experience find the post, as CC creators may not be checking the game help section!

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm learning and realizing that some objects, when cloned through S3OC and later S3PE and put in the game show up perfectly and some just don't, I'll keep investigating more but you've just given me a tremendous help🙏
Also, very sorry about the placement of that last request, I'm very new to this page😖
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Sep 2024 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by riri99
Wow! Thank you for this, I'll be sure to check it out!

You're Welcome!