Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:50 PM
Default Plant Sims: What do ya' think??
What is your opinion on the new .. plant Sims? I've heard many people say that they hate, or dislike them and that it was a mistake in the first place for Maxis to include them in the Seasons EP. I think they are rather funny and fun to have around in 1-3 of my custom made families.

NOTE: If you are one of those people who do NOT like the Plant Sims, jfade (at The Sims Resource) has created a hack that will completely wipe out the chance of your Sim becoming a plant sim. Find it at DJS Sims.

ben :D
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:53 PM
I LOVE them! But then Maxis hasn't made an alternate lifeform yet that I haven't loved! They are my favorite part of the game (alternate lifeforms that is)! :D
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
I LOVE them! But then Maxis hasn't made an alternate lifeform yet that I haven't loved! They are my favorite part of the game (alternate lifeforms that is)! :D

I completely agree with EVERYTHING you've said dream_operator23! :D:D
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:02 PM
I actually like the Maxis skins for the plant people. I haven't seen a need for replacements. I'd just like the Maxis skins to be touched up to be realistic, with all the 'parts'.
Alchemist
#5 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:37 PM
I think they're adorable! But...not for all and any sim. I haven't yet made a Plant Sim because I'm still pondering who would be best fitted (knowledge sim for sure, the others tend to hate transformations :P) .

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Instructor
#6 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 10:46 PM
Yes, I think that the PlantSim skin is the best and prettiest yet from Maxis. I personally think that it doesn't need to be replaced. It's really just lovely in my opinion. :D

Ghanima, yes I think it certainly takes a certain kind of sim to be a good plant sim. Just like it takes a certain type to be a good vampire, ect. I totally match up my sims' personalities, aspirations, and looks with whatever creature I am going to turn them into! LOL!

Dream
Field Researcher
#7 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:10 PM
i would love for someone to adapt a louis green skintone to be a plantsim default with vines all over it!
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by enchantedw0lf
i would love for someone to adapt a louis green skintone to be a plantsim default with vines all over it!

oh i agree i wish i knew more about defaults..if some one could just swipe the vines from the maxis plants and stick em on a similar green louis skin id be sooooo happy especially since my default skins are louis' id like to them match up

and i do enjoy the plants sims for the most part although i hate that the toddlers seem to be even more inclined to play in the toilet then normal sims...even if their water need is all the way up but at least they can mange to water them sleves that ways lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:42 PM
I wish there was a default eye replacement for them, I have enayla's eyes as defaults and they look out of place lol. I love the skin though, and their clothes are kinda cute *hopes someone unlocks them*
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 11:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by oph3lia
I wish there was a default eye replacement for them, I have enayla's eyes as defaults and they look out of place lol. I love the skin though, and their clothes are kinda cute *hopes someone unlocks them*

Can you use de-bug mode to access the Plant Sims' clothes?
Instructor
#11 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 12:12 AM
Probably Benny Boy, though I haven't tried it yet. The clothes would also look good on elven sims as well.
#12 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Benny Boy
Can you use de-bug mode to access the Plant Sims' clothes?

I tried, and didn't see them.
Original Poster
#13 Old 5th Mar 2007 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
Probably Benny Boy, though I haven't tried it yet. The clothes would also look good on elven sims as well.

Oh yes! I never even thought of that.

*goes to download eleven characters off ModtheSims2*