Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, Pets
Default How do I find out which of the files is crashing my Sims2??
Ok, yesterday someone told me to put all my downloaded files elsewhere and see whether they were the cause of my sims crashing. It would crash right when I was trying to enter any lot or move into it. I figured it was a download from yesterday either off here or the sims official site. I scanned the files for spyware,adware,and viruses and got nothing. I put all files in a different folder and tried sims and it worked. So NOW how do I figure out which of the files is screwing it up because I still want to use all these downloaded things???? :weep:
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 8:58 PM
hello..is anyone having this problem or have an insight????
Forum Resident
#3 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:02 PM
Just try to recall things that you had done right before the game started to crash, which might cause the crash.
Deviant Savant
retired moderator
#4 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:08 PM
Sort the files by date and remove the ones added right before the problem starts. Once the game works again you can add them back a few at a time until the problem starts again.. then you'll be able to narrow it down to those.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:10 PM
I've had some crashing problems where a house wouldn't load, I've even had problems to the point where a neighborhood wouldn't load. When the neighborhood wouldn't load, I had to start it over. But I found with the houses not loading and then the game crashing, the problem was a bad lot - not a download. These are lot files that somehow get corrupt in the process of moving them around. They can even be Maxis lots. The only solution I found was that if I crashed repeatedly at the same lot to bulldoze it to the ground.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:17 PM
ok i got this problem when i created a new neighborhood yesterday and had all these houses. i'll just delete them.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 26th Feb 2005 at 9:38 PM
Download and run Clean Installer.
Test Subject
#8 Old 1st Mar 2005 at 4:17 PM
Since there is no manual yet, how is Clean Installer used to find what might be crashing the game? I am running the program, and it has gone thru my downloads (a major feat!). I notice that some lines are pink, some are red - what do they mean and how do I correct the problems?

Also, when actually in the downloads folder, is there a way to know which #/lettered items are Maxis and which are not (the "worded" items are easy to distinguish as to user-made)?

Thanks!