Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:46 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business
Default Number of Wants with the EP
These problems just keep popping up. After installing the EP (finally!), I encountered the following problems. First, some of my Sims have 5 wants, while others have 4. Also, where are the lifetime wants? Do they pop up sometimes, or are they supposed to be permanent throughout Sims' lives? Are we able to lock in two wants, like it was rummored before EP shipped? Second, the community lots. Some students arrive and then leave immediately after getting out of the cab, leaving me with a paused screen, unable to save. Those that DO stay, are not able to leave because the phone to call the cab is not clickable. Cell phones seem to be useless because I have yet to find a way to make them work. I cannot believe how many problems there are already. I removed all hacks as well as ALL custom content (empty downloads folder) and I still get these problems. Has anyone else encountered something similar?
Advertisement
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#2 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 4:58 AM
Regarding the wants, that is something new. I know that if you accomplish your freshman year, you get an extra want. Then when you accomplish you get to lock a 2nd want. Then when after your junior year, you get to change your aspiration (from fortune to knowledge, let's say), and then after your senior year, you get an extra want, making it 6 wants. You don't get the lifetime want until your influence level is 5.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 5:04 AM
Thanks, Daysies! The wants bar was driving me batty. That tiny booklet that came with the game is pretty much useless when it comes to answering simple questions like these. Now, I just wish I could find a way to get my Simmies to and from the community lot, and I'll be a happy camper. Thanks again, Daysies, you are a big help!!
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2005 at 5:09 AM
Yeah, I only have the tiny booklet that came with the game, too. I'm getting info from someone that has the Prima Guide to get things clarified. Glad I could help! :D