Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 3:12 PM
Default Now what do I do?
Ok, I finished making an island that has all the lots/spawners/trees needed and I want to fill it up with houses and people. How do I do that? I mean do I need to Export it and download it? Or just put the .world file in my installedworlds folder? I've tried to export it but it says:
Quote:
Cannot export the world. The world has no name.
Cannot export the world. The world has no description.
Cannot export the world. The world has no thumbnail.

Edit in game won't load. It goes into the loading screen and gets stuck. I waited 1 and a half hours. Doesn't load .

Thanks

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 4:01 PM
I tried putting the .world file into the installedworlds folder, and loaded the game. It made caches in the worldcaches folder, but when I try to make a new game, its not available in the list. :l

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Apr 2010 at 8:26 PM
Add houses in EIG. To get it to run, try moving your DCCache folder out of your documents/electronic arts/the sims 3 folder and into someplace safe temporarily (put it back before you play the game). If that doesn't work, also temporarily remove your mods folder.

For exporting the world, you first have to add the name/description/thumbnail but right-clicking on the topmost layer (yourworldname.world) in the world layers section, and choosing Add/Edit Description.

Also, all this info is already in the main tutorial/on this forum, so you know, searching and all that jazz makes life easier...