Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 3:47 AM
Default Syris - Alien Planet Evolving from Nature to Sci-Fi Society
I'm just starting an alien hood that's going to be a challenge and I wanted to document my journey!

Planet Syris starts with one sim, and much like the beginning of Greek mythology, she will have a baby with herself and when he grows up, they will have babies with each other and populate the planet, and then those children will have babies with each other and so forth. (Don't look at me like that, it wasn't I who came up with the concept! Blame the ancient Greeks!)

I already played the mythology angle so now I'm doing an alien angle on it instead. The thought behind it is that it will be kind of "evolutionary". Just like life on Earth started with cells that could reproduce with themselves, this is an alien species that can reproduce with itself and then evolves to sexual breeding. I'm starting on a completely natural lot, with nothing but natural resources, using Sun&Moon mods, and they will have to build themselves up all the way to a hyper sci fi futuristic alien society. To start with they will need to build their fundamental mood items with what they earn from the natural resources.

The starting sim is named Syris I. All future females of the species will be called Syris II, Syris III, etc, while the males will be called Syro I, Syro II, etc. I actually played this hood idea when I was little (but far less complicated and without downloads) so it's kinda fun to revisit it as an adult and I still remembered it was called Syris.

This is the coolest sim I've ever had!

So how did it go the very first day on planet Syris?

First of all, the lot is bascially a wooden area with mining rocks and Giving Trees from Sun&Moon so there will be plenty to do.

I don't mind the black water since it's an alien planet so I found it fitting. Otherwise I know how to fix it (it's a water mod).

There's also a couple of "natural toilets" cloned from Castaway. But that's one of the few motives you can fill from the start.

As you can see, we're starting with 0 in funds (except the cost of the lot of course). Everything Syris I earns will be from what she gathers on the lot.

Like for example tree branches to sell. She doesn't have enough body skill to chop down a tree yet.

First thing she did was go around the woods collecting everything she can from the trees and planting more trees to plan for the future.

I made her pregnant immediately upon entering the lot.

Then it is time for mining to hopefully get those resources in... she's getting hungry.

I was getting worried she was going to starve to death first thing as she was starving AND pregnant. But at last, thankfully she could afford a fridge and a cheap grill.

The first meal of the planet is... burnt hot dogs. That'll be erased from the history books.

At nightfall as she was mining, she was struck by lightning. Why does it always happen when I'm not even trying to make it happen?!

And of course... she dies.

So that is the end of all possible life on this planet. That was a short challenge.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 11:46 AM
Very bad luck on that planet! Are you going to repopulate it with another alien? I think you'd be better off if you make two of them and possibly even out the odds...

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 4:23 PM
Where did you get those wings from?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 9:05 PM
Oh no!

(Such a cool sim!)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FranH
Very bad luck on that planet! Are you going to repopulate it with another alien? I think you'd be better off if you make two of them and possibly even out the odds...

Actually made another attempt. Going to upload it later. When you get game over in a game you restart from the last checkpoint and that's what I did... We're just going to pretend like that first attempt didn't happen, okay??

Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Where did you get those wings from?

It was from a downloaded sim that I downloaded many years ago so I couldn't tell you tried to find them now but couldn't.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 28th Apr 2024 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Actually made another attempt. Going to upload it later.

Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Apr 2024 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
Actually made another attempt. Going to upload it later. When you get game over in a game you restart from the last checkpoint and that's what I did... We're just going to pretend like that first attempt didn't happen, okay??

It was from a downloaded sim that I downloaded many years ago so I couldn't tell you tried to find them now but couldn't.

All a bad dream!

If you try to package the sim wearing the wings do they package? Might be a way to find them.