Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#11301 Old 24th May 2024 at 12:56 PM
Pickn'Mix Sims recently released a new set of skates that work on driveways-and while playing around with it today, I found that:

1. The driveway and extensions can be used on community lots, and the extensions stacked up against one another (without cheats, too!).
2. The skates can be used on any driveway (placing them sideways to the driveway.
3. That the skates allow 2 pixels to skate at a time,
4. The skates do give a skill point and fitness hobby boost.

The skates: https://www.picknmixmods.com/Sims2/...waySkating.html

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#11302 Old 27th May 2024 at 3:48 PM Last edited by Charity : Yesterday at 12:32 PM.
I never struggled to provide the basic necessities to my sims like this guy. But it was hilarious to read. https://callmekevin.fandom.com/wiki...ith_CallMeKevin
Top Secret Researcher
#11303 Old 27th May 2024 at 4:02 PM
Oh my gosh, Kevin! His sims series is definitely worth a watch. He is a mess and it's very entertaining.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#11304 Old Yesterday at 2:49 AM
There's a slot on the burglar alarm.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#11305 Old Yesterday at 3:46 AM
I was on the neighbourhood screen today and a UFO flew by just as I clicked on a house. Almost gave me a heart attack.
Forum Resident
#11306 Old Yesterday at 4:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pinkdynamite
I was on the neighbourhood screen today and a UFO flew by just as I clicked on a house. Almost gave me a heart attack.

If you have the crashed UFO neighborhood deco, another UFO will occasionally show up, scan the wreckage, and fly off again
Field Researcher
#11307 Old Yesterday at 4:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by inspiredzone
If you have the crashed UFO neighborhood deco, another UFO will occasionally show up, scan the wreckage, and fly off again

I had no idea that was a thing! My crashed UFO deco is usually hiding away from the houses in a valley or something so I guess that's why I've never noticed it before. This neighbourhood doesn't have that deco though so that surprises me. Would it have anything to do with the fact that it's a Business District but the main hood has the crashed UFO?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11308 Old Yesterday at 10:08 AM
The cooling chimney hood deco also spawns the UFOs.
Mad Poster
#11309 Old Yesterday at 10:44 AM
It's possible for a cell phone to start ringing during a woohoo cinematic. The visual effect shows up at an interesting region.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#11310 Old Yesterday at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre

That's because you have a rubbish burglar alarm!

It's possible for a cell phone to start ringing during a woohoo cinematic. The visual effect shows up at an interesting region.

I want pics! XD

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
The cooling chimney hood deco also spawns the UFOs.

What does that look like?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11311 Old Yesterday at 12:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
What does that look like?

Screenshots
Mad Poster
#11312 Old Yesterday at 1:06 PM

Pretty sure there's also a slot on the wall phone (other than the one for the handset). I could almost swear I have a picture of the "pasta express phone" where I was moving around a plate of spaghetti and it stuck to the phone, but no idea where that picture went (should be easy to recreate). I did find one where a sim started wandering around the lot carrying the spaghetti upside-down, though
Mad Poster
#11313 Old Yesterday at 1:07 PM
Interesting, thanks.

I don't even know what a cooling tower cools. I wonder why it would be attractive to aliens.
Mad Poster
#11314 Old Yesterday at 2:00 PM
Nuclear reactors. You really don't want nuclear reactors overheating, so having a sufficient supply of water and an efficient way of using it to cool things down without irradiating the local water table is pretty important.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#11315 Old Yesterday at 2:28 PM
Interesting, thanks.

I don't even know what a cooling tower cools. I wonder why it would be attractive to aliens.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cooling_tower
Mad Poster
#11316 Old Yesterday at 5:00 PM
Ah. No nuclear reactors here, so that explains it.

I guess that the aliens are looking for ways they can cause a nuclear meltdown to get rid of simians when they invade SimEarth.
Mad Poster
#11317 Old Yesterday at 7:23 PM
I want pics! XD

Field Researcher
#11318 Old Today at 3:16 AM
Not today, maybe a year ago but I just thought about it again. I always wondered why objects would snap to the chess table when I had moveobjects on, and then I realized that it's because the table has actual slots for the game pieces! I spent some time trying to see what things on my catalog were small enough to fit the tiny squares, and then I thought this looks kinda cool for a sim who is into unusual decorations.

Screenshots
Forum Resident
#11319 Old Today at 3:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Pretty sure there's also a slot on the wall phone (other than the one for the handset). I could almost swear I have a picture of the "pasta express phone" where I was moving around a plate of spaghetti and it stuck to the phone, but no idea where that picture went (should be easy to recreate). I did find one where a sim started wandering around the lot carrying the spaghetti upside-down, though

I discovered the wall phone slot by accident while working on one of my stories years ago.
Screenshots

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#11320 Old Today at 12:35 PM

Doesn't say much for his skill in the bedroom if she's already got electronics down there. XD
Page 453 of 453