Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:18 AM
Default Something kinda devastating happened to my game.....
I'm not sure if this happened because I installed seasons or if it was a coincidence but... all of my sims names got mixed up in one of my neighborhoods (and all of its associated neighborhoods, too) :wtf2: . I was in the neighborhood view and clicked on the "sims" button...(the one that gives you the option to create a new family or you can can pick from the sims bin)... and it took like 5 minutes to open up... then once it finally opened ALL of the sims in my neighborhood had new names... and i realized that the names were all completely mixed up!!! I'm upset because that was the ONLY neighborhood I played with (including the associated neighborhoods)...now every sim i've like...ever created has the wrong first and last name!! I know I can change the first names back (which will take me an eternity cause I gotta lotta sims)...but I've never found a way to change the last names..

has this ever happened to anyone before? Do you think it's because of seasons? I could use any help, suggestions, or cheering up... :weep:

sorry for the horrible grammar..I'm too upset to edit :sorry:
Advertisement
Stupid people are stupid
#2 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:21 AM
Did you by any chance cange the language of your game?

I changed it from dutch to english and all my sims have different names.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 9:27 AM
No... my sims have the names of townies and names that I made up... they're just all mixed up... i dunno what happened! I wonder if I downloaded like...a bug or a corrupted mod or something... I definately recognize the names some of them have and the rest I assume are names of townies or downtownies that I don't know... i'm so bummed... I have 5 associated neighborhoods to that neighborhood and they are all full of sim families.. all misnamed now...
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 12:57 PM
And this is why you are meant to back up your game files before installing a new EP. Either that or it is possible that you have a hack messing something up.
#5 Old 4th Mar 2007 at 1:44 PM
You can use SimPE to change their first and last names, and I also suggest that you take out all of the mods/hacks that you have and only add the ones in that have been Seasons approved.