Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:15 PM
Default saving SIMS in homes
Hello!

I've looked over the other posts on this and couldn't find anything, so I'm posting this.

Whenever I go back into the game the families I've created aren't in their homes. This never happened in the SIMS 2 and I was wondering if there was a way to keep them in their homes so the people I'm playing with can go visit them.

Thanks
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jokertk
Hello!

I've looked over the other posts on this and couldn't find anything, so I'm posting this.

Whenever I go back into the game the families I've created aren't in their homes. This never happened in the SIMS 2 and I was wondering if there was a way to keep them in their homes so the people I'm playing with can go visit them.

Thanks

download the story progression fix thing then turn off story progression lol
Test Subject
#3 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 10:28 PM
There`s two things that can be possible - unfortunately you did not specify what you mean.

(1) The family still lives in the house but you cannot visit because noone is at home. Well ... families you created but are not playing atm (and you can only play ONE household in The Sims 3) have a life of their own. They might be at work, hang out in the cinema, etc. Just keep checking ... sooner or later one should be at home so you can visit.

(2) As user created families are treated as NPCs when they`re not part of the active househole they can move out of town. You can either disable storyline mode in the options (not sure if this really stops them from doing that) or download one of the hacks currently available that prevent user created families from leaving town.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2009 at 11:01 PM
thanks NIKKname!!! that answers my question.