Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 2:27 AM
Default New here. Question about chair animations.
Hello. As stated in the subject line, I'm new here. My name is Lynda, and I'm a full-time wife and mom, and a part-time time waster.

Learning to create custom content is a goal of mine (I have no idea where to start with that, any tips?), but for now, I'd like to know if it's possible to fix wonky animations on chairs. I have several third-party cc chairs that I love, but when my sim sits on them, she shifts so that she's sitting behind the chair. It's really annoying. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem, short of asking the original creators to fix it?

I apologize if this isn't the right forum for my question. I tried to figure out where to post this, then gave up and decided to just ask my question here. And I tried to do a search here and on Google, but I honestly don't know how to phrase my search request. Every attempt led me nowhere. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. Lulz.

Thanks in advance for any help I can get!
Advertisement
is going to be a cat when she grows up.
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 3:22 AM
It sounds like your chairs may be need to be RigFixed. Read the 4th post in this thread: http://sims3.the-prof.net/forums/in....0.html#msg1995
The RigFix tool is available in post 1.
Instructor
#3 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 4:05 AM
You may be in the wrong location. This would be a CC related issue which would go here (http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=551)

on another note, your issue may be one of outdated CC.EA with the Pets EP broke a lot of Custom content items, namely chairs, tables and the like. That issue you have may be linked to a Pre-Pets piece of CC you may have downloaded. You will need to Basically rigfix on your CC in question and see if that resolves the issue. Google brings up multiple programs for Rigfixing.

EDIT: sniped (Hai Splad)

(◐ω◑)
What kind of Sim loves like this?
(◐ω◑)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 11th Dec 2013 at 8:16 PM
Thanks Spladoum and Levini. I'll give it a try. The chairs in question are TSM to TS3 conversions and are absolutely beautiful. If nothing else I'll use an OMSP, stick a plant on it, and use the chairs as decor. I'd rather use the chairs as chairs.

One more question. I really, really, really want to learn how to make my own custom content. Can anyone point me to the right forum for that?

Thanks for your help!