Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Apr 2023 at 7:59 PM
Default Nraas SP users, How do you handle Stranded Couples?
Hiya!

While I was playing yesterday I got at least 4 separate notifications about how Linda Timbley (Rodgers) had married Hector Sandalio (a Moonlight Falls add-on townie I downloaded here) and how they couldn't find a house and were continuing to live separately.

Now, I've been playing this Moonlight Falls save for a few months now and I've added tons more lots and am kind of starting to run out of room to put any more There's 133 residents across 42 households in this world right now. So I just keep sort of shrugging and being like sorry guys, wait for someone to die?

It just got me curious, how do you deal with stranded couples in your game? Do you just help them out manually or let them stay stranded and figure it out on their own?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 24th Apr 2023 at 11:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Hiya!

While I was playing yesterday I got at least 4 separate notifications about how Linda Timbley (Rodgers) had married Hector Sandalio (a Moonlight Falls add-on townie I downloaded here) and how they couldn't find a house and were continuing to live separately.

Now, I've been playing this Moonlight Falls save for a few months now and I've added tons more lots and am kind of starting to run out of room to put any more There's 133 residents across 42 households in this world right now. So I just keep sort of shrugging and being like sorry guys, wait for someone to die?

It just got me curious, how do you deal with stranded couples in your game? Do you just help them out manually or let them stay stranded and figure it out on their own?

If you use Nraas MC, easiest thing to do is pick a house, add them to it and be done with it. If you want to wait for SP to do it, good luck!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 1:32 AM
Usually when it tells me that it's because SP is trying to combine the all of the Sims in both households (like if either of them have roommates, it tries to bring the roommates along) and can't find a house big enough. In which case I manually split the households in edit town.

It might also be running into issues where there are no houses the newlyweds can afford (even with the stranded couple loan).
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
If you use Nraas MC, easiest thing to do is pick a house, add them to it and be done with it. If you want to wait for SP to do it, good luck!

I second this. Also what the other poster said. If you go to edit town you can use the merge and split up options bc perhaps it is bringing too many sims.

I have my settings to allow for 10 sims per household and set SP to always leave 3 homes empty. That way if I do get any stranded couples there are 3 empty homes to choose from. I also don't allow teen sims to move solo in some of my saves. They kept living in 5bdrm homes alone with 5 family sims living in a 2bdrm. Lol.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 25th Apr 2023 at 2:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ashmo
I also don't allow teen sims to move solo in some of my saves. They kept living in 5bdrm homes alone with 5 family sims living in a 2bdrm. Lol.

I might have to do this, because my Moonlight Falls teens are doing the same! Especially if they had money, like Tristan Van Gould when he was a teen and the teen son of Janet Pok and David Pok, Darrell. On one hand I like the idea of the teens moving out for story purposes if they didn't get on with their parents but at the same time it's like you definitely do not need that much space!
Scholar
#6 Old 28th Apr 2023 at 10:58 AM
I just build a house to order for them.
Inventor
#7 Old 28th Apr 2023 at 3:30 PM
Quote:
Moonlight Falls teens

MF teens are glitchy. It's an EA thing that Nraas mods don't seem to fix.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 28th Apr 2023 at 10:48 PM
Oh, no I have teens who move out on their own in any world I play. I just specifically mentioned Moonlight Falls because that's the world I'm playing in right now.

I ended up going around and totally annihilating a bunch of sims who weren't particularly important. When I started the save I accidentally let it delete all the homeless but since I hadn't actually ever played in Moonlight Falls I wanted them back so I personally had a chance to get to know them as sims so I put them all back and moved them in to houses. Silly, I know. I also had some Moonlight Falls add-on townies I downloaded from here, who also all lived in houses. My total population was at 147 residents and I was having quite a bit of lag and freezing in addition to nobody being able to find homes so basically I gave the boot (the total annihilation boot) to anyone who:
  • I'd never seen a single story progression notification for
  • Didn't have anyone on their family tree/hadn't had kids yet
  • Didn't have any pets (I'm too soft to delete pets)
and I got my population down to 114 and free'd up a couple of houses and already people are starting to move around again which I hadn't seen happen in quite some time. So hopefully some of those stranded couples can nab one up quick. The Ivys and the MacDuffs in particular spread like wildfire I thought my playable sims had a lot of kids but they make my family look tame!
Inventor
#9 Old 29th Apr 2023 at 3:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CASnarl
Oh, no I have teens who move out on their own in any world I play. I just specifically mentioned Moonlight Falls because that's the world I'm playing in right now.

I ended up going around and totally annihilating a bunch of sims who weren't particularly important. When I started the save I accidentally let it delete all the homeless but since I hadn't actually ever played in Moonlight Falls I wanted them back so I personally had a chance to get to know them as sims so I put them all back and moved them in to houses. Silly, I know. I also had some Moonlight Falls add-on townies I downloaded from here, who also all lived in houses. My total population was at 147 residents and I was having quite a bit of lag and freezing in addition to nobody being able to find homes so basically I gave the boot (the total annihilation boot) to anyone who:
  • I'd never seen a single story progression notification for
  • Didn't have anyone on their family tree/hadn't had kids yet
  • Didn't have any pets (I'm too soft to delete pets)
and I got my population down to 114 and free'd up a couple of houses and already people are starting to move around again which I hadn't seen happen in quite some time. So hopefully some of those stranded couples can nab one up quick. The Ivys and the MacDuffs in particular spread like wildfire I thought my playable sims had a lot of kids but they make my family look tame!

There are simply a few EA made Sims that have historically had issues. MF teens being one group. Bellisama Hemlock is another... she will sometimes disappear when aging up. A few Sims, families and of course the houseboats in Isla Paridiso. Although, I recall someone made a fix for the houseboats and posted it here on MTS. I still do not play IP, as when I return from vacations there, every single Late Night bar I have placed no longer works. Seems to be caused by some mod combo that I have.

The game will slow with more things added. Both objects and Sims. Game generated Sims eventually slow play if you have enough of them... if you take them into CAS, it will become worse. Not 100% certain, but I believe it's because all Sim info remains stored in the save somewhere, even if you replace an outfit. The old outfit info remains. From what I understand, "total annihilation" removes all of it.

Deleting NPC's at the start of a save series only deletes the EA standard NPC's. New ones will be generated as the game needs them. So, Addison Rush will not be your mail carrier in Bridgeport, but the mail must be delivered, so the game generates a new Sim to fill that role.