2 people viewing
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old Yesterday at 3:27 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default sim won't enter car
When my sims go to school or work, they don't walk into the car door, but walk to the front of the car and disappear. I didn't add any mods when this happened. I recreated a community and it still happens.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old Yesterday at 3:49 PM
Sounds like you accidentally loaded up Sims 3 instead lol.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old Yesterday at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

The reason why I play ts2 is to see such awesome vehicles! This bug killed my enthusiasm for ts2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old Yesterday at 4:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity

I'm pretty sure I don't have ts3 turned on.I have a friend who also encountered this situation, but he just changed the family and no longer had the problem. I had damaged the original nhood trying to fix it and the problem reappeared in the new nhood and I almost cried.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#5 Old Yesterday at 9:36 PM
If you drag your Documents/ EAGames/ The Sims 2 to the desktop, and run the game to make a fresh set, does it happen if you make a new neighbourhood then as well?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old Yesterday at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
If you drag your Documents/ EAGames/ The Sims 2 to the desktop, and run the game to make a fresh set, does it happen if you make a new neighbourhood then as well?

It's way easier to just right click, rename and add a word to the end to make a new folder. If I dragged mine it would take half an hour coping over.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space, bark!
retired moderator
#7 Old Yesterday at 10:56 PM
Dragging moves the folder, not copy.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old Today at 2:51 AM

After that I removed the ea games folder and there was no problem in the apartment. It's weird if this is a mod conflict since I had removed all the mods that were loaded when the problem occurred
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old Today at 2:51 AM

Before this, I made another attempt. I opened other families and this problem did not occur. What the troubled families have in common is that they are all in an apartment.