Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Aug 2024 at 11:19 AM
Default Direct3D errors in wine emulator
Hi, I've installed The sims 2 with the web installer i've found in r/sims2help, everything installed correctly but when i try to open the game ( and body shop) i always get a Direct3D error, yk, the usual one:

Direct3D returned an error: D3DERR_INVAILCALL!

i tried some things i saw on other posts, such as installing Directx, driverdoc, winthruster ecc. but nothing worked, i also tried opening it with the borderless setting, but it didn't work.

Here's the catch: i use Wine, an .exe emulator on chromebook, so obvi i couldn't manage the settings on dxdiag, since there isn't one. pleaseeeeeeee help me!!

and also, let me know if you need the wine terminal specifics when i try to open the game!

EDIT: I downloaded Directx since i didn't realize i didn't already, and now if i open Sims 2 through GRM it still has the same error, even if i open on windowed, borderless, fullscreen mode. and if i open Sims 2 through... The sims 2 it gives me another error:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have a DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

Thanks for the help.