Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 12:39 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Tiggy 1 and 2 story waterfall--animation only partly showing ?
On the two story waterfall, the water animation starts at the 1 story level only.
The top half of the 2-story is unmoving.
Super depressing.
An old custom content; but I just downloaded it a few days ago for an effect for my lot.
Thanks in advance for any help.

https://modthesims.info/d/251256/1-...waterfalls.html

Also included is a link with a gif showing the whole two stories moving (Scroll about half way down the page) :

https://bestbuilditems4sims2.wordpress.com/page/2/
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 1:37 AM
What's your settings ingame for "graphic effects" and "Obect hiding"? If the first one is on a lower setting, or the second one is on, that could potentially explain the issue.
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 2:52 AM
I just went into my game and turned the "Object Hiding" to, 'off'.
Never had an issue with game graphics with that turned 'on' before, but just to see if it would help ?

The graphics settings are at the highest.

It's not the slower-moving grey water behind, it's the lighter blue/white in front.
I'll include a pic of what the two story fountain looks like :
Screenshots

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 4:39 AM
"Object hiding" set to "on" hides furniture on the stories you're not currently on (saves some processing power). If the "off" setting isn't helping, you can set it back to "on".

In the picture from the original download, it doesn't look like the blue water in front is showing. Possibly a "bug", and not a feature (as in they didn't lengthen that part, or didn't hide them from both fountains, or they took pictures of the fountains in build mode without the effect, and didn't notice the extra fountain effect)?
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 4:44 AM
The light blue and white water effect seem to work, but on the two story waterfall, it only works from the one story level ?
Sorry if I'm not explaining this correctly.

I will go back and try the object hiding on and off again.
It may be that the light blue effect only works for a one story waterfall ?

" Inama Nushif "
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 5:20 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 23rd Aug 2024 at 10:56 AM.
From the pictures I don't think it's a bug in your game, but rather an issue with the waterfalls. It's possible the creator didn't fully test the waterfall, or that they didn't figure out how to extend the second waterfall effect to 2 stories. It's difficult to tell.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Aug 2024 at 5:40 AM
Thanks, I may try to 'stack' them using the 1 story, moveobjects_on; and conceal the bases with some deco.

" Inama Nushif "