Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 6:04 AM Last edited by justJones : 7th Feb 2014 at 6:02 PM.
Default Banishment Challenge
I was honestly very loosely inspired by the character of "Hans" from Disney's Frozen--- but rest assured you can be whatever gender you like, and you needn't be (but it's your choice) evil. The entire idea here is simple...

Backstory (Optional backstory, you don't have to go with this. But it's the general consensus I )
You used to be a prince(ss)--- if not a prince(ss), then just someone who was in a rich family-- heir to a business tycoon of sorts, but for the sake of this backstory-- you used to be a prince(ss). You used to have everything, the castle, the whole fairytale life, really. But, as heir to the throne, you were also the target of many vindictive people. People who wanted to be where you are- especially, people who gained to inherit if you were out of the picture.
You were framed! (Or not. If you're evil and would actually do this.) You were accused of trying to poison your father! The evidence all pointed in your direction...not only that...there was a lot to suggest you even planned to take down his kingdom/empire/business! As punishment, you are banished and your name is wiped from the family tree.

Now...you have nothing to your name. You hardly even have a name. There may be people who recognize your name as the *SAME* name as the King...but....how could they think you'd be related? You? A pathetic peasant.
Who framed you (ratted you out)? You don't know. You have some idea...but...you can't be sure. What you do know is you will work as hard as you can to gain your vengeance. This is a slight against you that you and yours will never forget!

Rules:
1.) You start off with nothing. You can either start off with 0$ to your name after getting a sleeping bag/tent/really cheap bed. Or to make it easier you can make a shack (and I do mean a shack) for yourself but you can only furnish it with what you need to survive and have at least 100$ to start with.

2.) You must build ON a 64x64 or 50x50 lot. Something BIG in any case. (If you have a world that comes with 65x20 lots or whatever, that's fine too.) It needs to be big because as you and/or your future generations live on you're going to continue building on it until it becomes a mansion- probably in later generations.

3.) You can't move your family off of the lot. You can move some Sims off to continue their own lives if you'd like- but there must always be someone there and it must be your primary household. The lot you choose is the lot you stay on for this challenge.

4.) You may use whatever cheats/mods you'd like EXCEPT you can't use any money cheats and you can't use cheats to make a girl/guy's relationship improve towards you. When you go to get married/get pregnant/interact romantically in general- you've got to kick it old school.

The idea here is to take your shack, where you're poor, and make it a mansion with your own family history.

Storylinewise, my idea is that you become as rich OR more rich than your other family-- and then you can take your storyline in whatever direction you'd like. Revenge...forgiveness....'who cares about what happened to grandfather back then'....

Winning Conditions:
If you have aging on--- your family has spanned more than three generations.
If you're following such a storyline--- you've gotten revenge/achieved forgiveness.
You have a worth of 100,000$

Bonus points with me-- but not exactly winning conditions-- if you get a really cool romance story to tell. <3

Losing conditions:
Your entire household dies.
You move off of the lot. (if you're just starting out, choose a lot, and before building on it realize you'd prefer another- that doesn't count. You can do that.)
After three generations you don't have 100,000$

This is my first challenge. Please give me whatever critique you'd like. I just realized how much I'd like to have a challenge that makes me start small and become big. You know. <3

If you'd like to add to/modify the rules or whatever- please tell me! Not because I'm so bigoted you need my permission (Do whatever you'd like) but just because I'd really like to see what you do with your thing!

Yep.

Comments?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 2nd Feb 2014 at 11:22 PM Last edited by MistressTiffany : 3rd Feb 2014 at 3:39 PM.
Don't get me wrong- I LOVE the storyline and all, but there doesn't seem to be too much of a challenge. Is it just build your shack into a mansion/earn 100,000$, or am I missing something?
I'll probably try it either way. :D
Field Researcher
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 11:23 AM
Hi and congrats on your first challenge. I've only posted a couple myself. Your idea is pretty good, although you might want to consider adding a few more things to make the challenge a little more than regaining wealth. If I were to do the challenge, I'd set it up where I have to do certain things (in the process of gathering wealth) that will unlock new pieces of the storyline and help me clear my name. Maybe if they go successfully, there would be rewards to help me on my way. If I was an evil SOB, maybe things I can do to rebuild my power base, make connections, etc.? Just some thoughts.

Good job on your first challenge.
Test Subject
#4 Old 13th Feb 2014 at 6:28 PM
this sounds really good im doing this
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 24th Feb 2014 at 12:47 PM
Seems like a easy challenge, with the cheats allowed. I'll do this when I could.